Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Angry ol' coot
3,912 Posts
Not bashing cat lovers (though I'm not one of them) but when I go into a house and the litterbox is the overwhelming 'fragrance' of the home, it makes me wonder about the sanity of the occupants.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Not bashing cat lovers (though I'm not one of them) but when I go into a house and the litterbox is the overwhelming 'fragrance' of the home, it makes me wonder about the sanity of the occupants.
I've got 4 cats!

And no litter box. (and none of those fragrances)

They go outside, in all weather, to take care of their business.
Just like my dogs.

I've known about toxoplasma for years. When I did live in an apartment and the cats couldn't go outside my wife told me about it.

·
Rational Being
1,976 Posts
Wow. Very last line of that article:

He also cautions against trendy food production techniques that let animals roam free. "The risk of infection could go up," he said, "and increase the rate of toxoplasmosis."

That kind of thing makes me so upset. It's totally unrelated and unstudied, but the idiot reporter just had to throw in that last bit of speculation because it feeds into the whole idea that factory farms are the best, cleanest way to produce food.

Sowing seeds of disinformation directly after insightful, research-backed information has been presented is bad, bad, bad.

·
Registered
178 Posts
But the reporter used the weasel "could" to get him off the hook from having to state only vetted facts. Another way they do it is by stating something crazy and sticking a question mark on the end of it as a disclaimer, "Are all survivalists insane?" Advertisers learned long ago by using the phrase "up to" they can say anything they want - "Learn how to make up to $100,000 a week." If you made zero, what they said is still "true."

Survivalists tend to peg the drama meter at full-scale and don't see the word "could", instead skipping over it and reading what follows as fact, whether it's complete BS or not.

·
Avoidance & Deterrence
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weasel on free range chicken or not...

What is important is there are diseases that are commonly transmitted to man that can effect the brain and cause the victim to do strange things like commit suicide. All it would take is a small mutation to create homicidal zombies.

So Zombies went from being non-problem out side of Haiti to at least "possible issue."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts