Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I see how fast Drug companies, in their profit driven ambition, are pumping out their products, it scares the crap out of me. The next time a Drug commercial comes on......Ignore the pretty women dancing or the cute elderly couple holding hands. Turn off the catchy music that plays in the background, and listen....just listen to the announcer as he rattles off the possible side effects of these drugs. It literally takes longer to tell you of them, than it does to mention the benefits of the Snake-oil they are selling.
Call me crazy......but I say that its only going to be a matter of time before one of these drugs has a side effect that "FRIES" that part of the Brain that make us Human, and keeps us Social.
The illegal "Bathsalts" drug has already cause one user to eat another man's face off. So it is possible to achieve that result in Humans.

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
That disclaimer is about attorneys, not the drug. The drug co. attorneys make them list every possible side effect, however unlikely, just to protect themselves. And that high profit you mentioned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Side effects.

Attorneys aside, and the necessary protection of pharma companies, the fact remains that there are side effects in a particular drug, in any drug. Now Consider the person who takes 4 or 5 (maybe more) pills, along with that one, and their respective side effects. Now factor in the synergistic effect each may have on the other.
All I am trying to relate isn't the evil of making a reasonable profit or that drugs are wrong to treat illness. What I am saying is that the more complex the drug becomes or the change they make in it to protect the patent, is introducing a whole new chemical regimen to the equation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts