Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find anything posted on this so I thought I would ask. Does anyone use Zip ties to attach their sheaths to a belt with? I have found that most attachment methods come up lacking, weak snaps, and flimsy belt clips etc... I want something that is rock solid and won't get torn off in heavy brush if it gets caught. I have just begun experimenting with an Esee 5; I had tried 550 paracord but had trouble keeping it really tight. So I thought I would give this a try so far it works well but I am interested if anyone else has tried it and what they thought about it.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Make a concealex or kydex knife sheath - go to knifekits or texas knife supply or midwest knife supply for parts. Check out youtube for how-tos. I highly recommend using a teklok, you will most likely break your belt before those will fail.

ZIp ties, even the really really big ones we used for detainee ops, get brittle and crack. They were often used to keep expensive gear like acogs and pecs secured, but they needed to be replaced from time to time to ensure they wouldn't fail when you needed them to work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use the belt keepers that the police use to secure their duty belt to their under belt. They work great because they snap on very securely and you can position them anywhere on your belt. They are also made with a velcro/button combo if that is also usefull.

- Chris

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use the belt keepers that the police use to secure their duty belt to their under belt. They work great because they snap on very securely and you can position them anywhere on your belt. They are also made with a velcro/button combo if that is also usefull.

- Chris
Interesting, have any pictures of this setup??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts