Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
This is an important movie for anyone who calls conspiracy believers "nuts".. This is the basis for all the BS that goes on that we are aware of, yet the majority of people pay no attention.

·
Registered
510 Posts
It was OK. Second part was weak. Human nature won't matter? Crime won't happen? OK...anyone remember the scene in Enemy at the Gates where Joseph Finnes is telling Jude law how "We tried to make a perfect equal society...but some men will always be richer than others, rich in love or poor in love." Something like that, anyway. I like all the technology they were talking about, just not the society.

·
Krazy Kitty
5,007 Posts
I have most of the Alex Jones videos. I make copies and hand them out to friends, family and anyone who is interested. I also have the one by Aaron Russo. Can't think of the name of it right now, but it was really good. When I get them in the mail I get bumper stickers. I put the 9/11 was inside job on my car and got angry rants or threatening letters telling me to get out of the country if I didn't like it. So I took it off. I still have the infowars one. Better to keep a low profile, I guess. I read his stories and the comments every day but can't sit still long enough to listen to his radio show.

·
Loose lips sink ships...
60 Posts
I just watched Zeitgeist Addendum this week and I had mixed feelings. As others have stated, the first half is definitely required viewing. The second half seemed like a veiled infomercial for The Venus Project.

I have spent some time researching The Venus Project and I have to admit that it is extremely hard to imagine a world or society that they portray. I actually started a debate with a close friend who has seen the original Zeitgeist but has not seen Addendum yet. Those of you that know me, know I come from a larger city in California, my friend comes from a town of less than 2000 in the rural midwest. He felt that even coming from the kind of community he lives in (a place I would actually call a community) there is no way we would ever be able to do away with greed and jealousy. I think it's a cool idea, but I'm not sure we can do it either.

I spent a lot of time thinking about it and as much as I would like to see the world move towards unity, it would be very hard to adjust. To do that would mean one would have to forget everything they have learned... to shed all the programming. It's a lot to think about. Could you do it?

I also found it interesting that The Venus Project is selling their property in Florida and moving their operation to Ecuador...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Didn't Jim Jones have a Venus Project at one time? MMMMMM Kool-Aid.

First half is very good. Second half, not so much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I liked the first Zeitgeist movie, but the Venus Project is complete BS. The producer, Peter Jones I believe, states that humans will not have violent tendencies when they are in a place such as Venus.

So there will be no naturally born psychos, no anger when someone sleeps with another’s significant other, and everyone will love each other like Mr. Rogers? Please...

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I liked the first Zeitgeist movie, but the Venus Project is complete BS. The producer, Peter Jones I believe, states that humans will not have violent tendencies when they are in a place such as Venus.

So there will be no naturally born psychos, no anger when someone sleeps with another’s significant other, and everyone will love each other like Mr. Rogers? Please...

I dunno...I always had my doubts about that Rogers guy.....

Sorry couldn't resist...carry on. :thumb:

·
Feed Yourself
73 Posts
In agreement with the general sentiment in this thread. Addendum is 100% veiled candy for the masses.
Just enough truth and info that "feels so right" that they can have wild claims like "no more emotions" and "eradication of crime". Great part when they get into how people should be "made" to understand the need for all the great new techno-utopianism - sounds like mandatory re-education all the way.
And regarding the eradication? Who's going to do this eradicating? You better guess its going to be the same tyranical overlords behind the same curtains they've been pulling for thousands of years.
What is especially disturbing about this Zeitgeist stuff is the absolutely intentional double edged logic effect that is going on within the flashy production graphics etc. On the one hand, the rational mind finds compatible the inherrant and obvious truths in the film (banking and politics corrupt, controlling humans = evil, need for change etc.) and is then more likely to accept the rest of the information as defacto truth as well.
On the other hand the clear subtext for a "benign" global control grid is implanted as a poison pill for re-emergence later and acceptance later - that same "feels right" eliciting emotion (I say implanted, because the film so successfully gets this information past the so-called "critical-factor" of the brain).
This stuff worked great for Obama, lest I say any other politician, hypnotist, or psychologist who may. Some great subliminal Hegelian stuff here. Put your critical thinking goggles on for the last 2/3rds of the film, thats for sure - because that propaganda is coming for your brain - right through your eyes.

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Watched it last night. I'll agree the utopian Venus project is way out there, but hey, what can you do. Looks and sounds a lot better than here and now.

Fact of the matter still stands that the status quo is screwing us.

·
Ron Paul 2012
658 Posts
The Venus project is a nice idea... but the reality of it is it'll never work - ever. Because those who control the machines will assume power. These neohippie intellectuals fail to realize that you can't take certain behaviors out of humans, much like you cant take the bark from a dog or web from a spider - they are an inherent makeup of the life form.

Otherwise the money stuff is informative and educational.

·
Banned
156 Posts
What ever happened to that little document of freedom multiple generations of My family and allot of yours have given there live's for.

Maby We dust that bad boy off and give'er another go huh...

Instead of trying to debate some new social order/ideology why don't We get back to the Ideas and values of the founder's and the Constitution ?..

Thanks to them Your allowed to discuss the Venus project/doing away with the Constitution (the two are not co-existent).

Evan under the Heavily eroded Constitution Your allowed to debate the Venus project...

Would the enforcers of the Venus project allow You to speak of the constitution?...

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have most of the Alex Jones videos. I make copies and hand them out to friends, family and anyone who is interested. I also have the one by Aaron Russo. Can't think of the name of it right now, but it was really good. When I get them in the mail I get bumper stickers. I put the 9/11 was inside job on my car and got angry rants or threatening letters telling me to get out of the country if I didn't like it. So I took it off. I still have the infowars one. Better to keep a low profile, I guess. I read his stories and the comments every day but can't sit still long enough to listen to his radio show.
If you had sat down and listened to alex then you would have heard him tear this movie to shreads. i had my doubts before i heard his comentary, but after I listen to his interview and comentary the day after, this movie almost made me sick.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I would also like to add that the first movie was a shill too. He latter edited it to make it look better, but the only pepole who bow at that guys feet are the ones who raise thier fist at God. After watching the second movie I'm convinced that the first movie was only a set up to make people in the truth movement swallow the BS in the second. The first one starts out all "religion in every form is a farse" to suck in all the anti religious "intelectuals". then (after he revised it) he gave some farely good and acurate documentation of 911 and such to keep them on target. The second movie takes the sheeple who worshiped the first movie and convinces them that every thing that they are suposed to hate is now good and loving.

It's really sick, and I'm sad for every one who buys this nonsence.

·
Prepping = life insurance
1,458 Posts
Everything is good with me until they start plugging Project Venus. While the idea(l) of a utopian society where money has no place (e.g. "Star Trek") or something like that has it's appeals, it does not account for greed, which to me is merely an extension and perversion of self-preservation.

The financial information is very educational and disturbing at the same time. I'm not a big fan of the Federal Reserve Bank nor the "fractional reserve banking system" either.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts