Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Zastava PAP M77PS finally arrived and it's pretty sweet:thumb:
When you see it online you don't really realize the size difference.

When you compare it to a standard AK it is pretty beefy. IMHO

You are glad of this when you pull the trigger because it has a pretty good whump.

The rifle is well built and was clean and functioned okay right out of the box. A 10 minutes cleanup and lube job made it even better. The magazine was stiff the first few times it was inserted but quickly worked great.
Next post, the range.:D:

Attachments

·
10,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My first few shots were a little off, using odds and ends that I had in my junk box. I switched to PPU .308 Win match HPBT 168 gr and the group tightened right up. :thumb:

(sorry for the bad image quality, cell phone on a dimly lit range)

this is from a rest, 25 meters. the target is 2" in diameter.

I switched to some Federal Soft Point (not sure about the grain) and the group opened up a little bit and I had to raise my point of aim just a tad. Switching back to the PPU, they hit just like the earlier PPUs.
I will probably try a few others but I think the PPU rounds will be my serious shooters.
The rifle itself feeds and runs perfectly. The brass rubs the lower edge of the ejection port but not enough to deform the brass.
For the price, under $555 including shipping and transfer, a great deal. Now to try and modify a few M14 mags while I wait for Csspecs to start shipping their 20 rounders.

Attachments

·
10,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://stores.csspecs.com/zastava-m77-308-20-round-magazine-coming-soon/

Hopefully, these are right around the corner. I have not tested my converted M14 magazine yet. I hope to this week. I would not be surprised if my first attempt is not perfect. I used a Thermold magazine. All of the other mods that I have seen were done on steel magazines. I hope to have a range report soon but if CSSPECS is successful in producing them I will probably get theirs.

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Looks like a nice shooting rifle.
Cspecs is a member here. You might IM and express your interest.

I think I'd have to change out that thumbhole stock though.

·
10,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like a nice shooting rifle.
Cspecs is a member here. You might IM and express your interest.

I think I'd have to change out that thumbhole stock though.
I am thinking of putting a Hogue Grip on it and making my own RPK style paddle. Maybe a nice plank of walnut.

It doesn't look like Csspecs has been around for about a year. At least I am not finding any new posts.

·
10,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a chance to do some outdoor work with my M77. I love this gun more each time I shoot it. At 100 yards and with iron sights it was hitting right where I told it to. Felt recoil is way softer than my .30-06 guns. It's no SCAR 17 but I like it better than shooting the HK 91 by a mile.
I sure wish I had a better/more magazines. I tried the M14 conversion route and the first two attempts were a total fail. I am pretty sure I can save the second one but I destroyed the Thermold that I tried to use. I have a Checkmate that I may still be able to fix.

·
10,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 47 Posts