Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 4 or 5 years ago I bought that yugo 7.62x39 FMJ that was made in the 70's and early 80's for like $80-90 a case (can't remember the exact figure) I ended up buying 3 cases and wish I had bought more since the price has went up. did anybody buy it too and if they did how well does it shoot and is it corrossive? the guy at the show told me it wasn't but I have heard that before buying surplus. the bore would be rusty in the blink of an eye.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The following is printed on white paper that is glued on the outside of a cardboard ammo box:

15 КOMAДA
7,62 MM METAК
ca oБИЧНИМ ЗpНОM M67
И MecИHraHOm ЧaypOM
HЦ - 08
ППУ 8508 MБЛ 85206

Inside the box are 15 brass cased 7.62x39 FMJ bullets and the headstamp looks like this:

NNY is the Headstamp on Prvi-Partisan ammo, Prvi is made in Serbia, which is in Yugoslavia. - Very Corrosive;)

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
A lot of guys on the AK websites love it,claim its the best of surplus.Loaded on the hot side.I passed on some last weekend at $60 per 200. Treat all european ammo as corrosive,except Lapua.

·
Aquaholic
4,905 Posts
clean your bore with Gun Scrubber at the range, you'll have no problems.

I spray mine down before i recase them, it cuts WAY down on cleaning time and can significantly extend the amount of time you have until you get corrosive damage if you can't clean immediatly. it costs about $6 a can at walmart, but all you need for the bore is a quick spritx, and let it drain out of the bore. DO NOT spray it down the bore and allow the corrosives to wash into the action of your gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts