Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing really new here, just a reminder to all that nothing is private. Was texting with a friend about ordering ivermectin online and he suggested this company in the text message. That's where it stayed. This morning I see an ad for them on a news channel website. Usually when this happens I am less inclined to use such a company. If I want to do a search for something, I will do a search and my own research. But when stuff gets funneled at me due to data harvesting, my trust level drops. This company was likely to get my business and now they will get nothing from me. Sorry, that's just how stuff like this makes me feel.

Attachments

· Registered
980 Posts
This is not new. When you install apps on your phone from companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple they ask for permissions for other areas on the phone and use those to target ads.
^^^^this^^^^^^
I downloaded google maps a few days ago trying to find a place not showing up
On any others.

Due to my privacy settings I was alerted Maps was attempting access to photos, call history, messages…basically access to everything on my phone…. I declined so I only have limited use of maps.
THEY DONT NEED ACCESS TO ALL THAT FOR DIRECTIONS!!!!

· Premium Member
193 Posts
You should get used to it. The world is full of algorithms, crawlers, sniffers, scanners etc. You can go to another company but you'll find the same thing. My wife went on a strict "no china" products rampage-- for a while till it became evident that you can't completely escape their products since the supply chain is global and everything comes from everywhere.

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Misleading.

While the tools are there for someone to " watch " just about anyone.....I assure you the manpower required for a actual human beings to actively spy on everything we do simply doesn't exist.

Now, if you are really stupid or crazy or both, yeah someone might just take a peek.

I don't worry about it to be honest. If I did I'd not own a cell phone, a computer, or use the internet at all.

If you are worried, then deep six the above and breath easy.

· Registered
3,102 Posts
Misleading.

While the tools are there for someone to " watch " just about anyone.....I assure you the manpower required for a actual human beings to actively spy on everything we do simply doesn't exist.
Computer algorithms, my dear sir. Look for combinations of words or searches, and alert a person when conditions are met.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts