Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I have an understanding: I stay on top of everything that is going on, and if I say jump, she'll say "how high?".

I have been telling her about the difficulties ahead for a couple years now and everything has come to pass, pretty much the way I warned her it would.

Therefore, she trusts my judgment 100% and although would never have done any of this on her own, she does her share in regards to preparation now.

One of the things that I have insisted she does was to take some basic weapons handling and shooting lessons from me.

Of course, as such, I have designated some of the weapons in my "arsenal" as her weapons and I have been teaching her primarily on those.

Her pistol is a Glock 22 and as of today, her rifle is a CZ858 4V. Until a few days ago, it was an SKS-D but she found it big and heavy so I sold it and got here the CZ.

What are your wife's weapons and kind of training do you do with her?

Here are her "issued" weps...lol.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
I made sure my wife knows how to shoot my 12 gauge. She says it's fun

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the CZ to the range to see what it can do...WOW! I'm in love. I shot a group of five rounds from 100 yards, with just iron sights, standing, with no support and fairly fast; when I checked my target, I could cover them all with two hands.

Than I sat down and shot five more with a bench rest at 200 yards. I could cover them all with one hand.

It was a windy afternoon and I was rushed but I'll do a more serious assessment later, however, so far I have nothing but words of praise for this gun. Everything fits and works so well, it's light and maneuverable and it folds down to nothing.

If you have the chance, try one; you'll end up buying one soon after.

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Wife and daughter both have semi- auto youth model 20 gauge , wife has 9mm semi-auto pistol,daughter has .22,they share sks carbine. Boys and i have pump 12's,30 caliber rifles and 1911's and lots of 22 rifles

·
Registered
372 Posts
wife has a glock 26. she doesnt shoot as much as she should, but she knows how to handle it, shes a above average shot, and she knows how to break it down and clean it.

also just began teaching her on the .22 I built.

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
My wife doesn't/won't shoot a gun. Both of my daughters do. Both are very proficent. The wife will take part in anything we do other than shoot or dress out game.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Wife loves revolvers. She keeps a .38 special with her at all times. I built her a lightweight AR carbine. She also has a few .410's around the house in certain places.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
I shoot,

and she reloads, works out pretty well. She can shoot my .357 an 12ga, but she chooses not to at this point. When it come's down to tshtf, she will cover my 6 with the 12ga. no problems. She is one feisty lady. :D: Or she couldn't put up wit me. LOL

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My wife has a ultra carry 11.
I will clear the way while her and the dog gets my son and what ever they can carry. She shouldnt have to use it but she has been trained and has ccw so she knows how to use all the guns if she has to.

·
Registered
798 Posts
My wife is pretty decent with my glock 21 and my 870 12ga. She carries a buck folder most of the time. Thats about it. Good thread by the way!:thumb:

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
M1 carbine UF, lots of 30s and jungle adapters. Her primary weapons system. It folds under and is light enough for her to use as a large pistol. She has everything made for the system including rubber mag caps, spare parts, and a giant supply of old style strippers

·
Banned
653 Posts
My wife's guns....

Bushmaster Carbon-15 M4 Carbine, 1 Beta-C drum, several magazines and a Walther P-99 w/ several high cap magazines.

·
Learning more each day
253 Posts
What my wife carries

This is what my wife carries everyday. 38 S&W

If I had to do it all over again I would get her a stainless version (easier to keep clean) She goes with me to the range every few months just to make sure she is comfortable shooting it. Funny thing is back when we were dating I took her out in a field to shoot her 1st time (her family was all anti gun, most still are) and she put 5 out of 6 shots with my 357 dead center on target, I smiled and told her I wanted to marry her :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 97 Posts