Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Dog bites - Owner shoots
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://blogs.ajc.com/bob-barr-blog/...ers-can-enter-your-apartment-in-your-absence/

"What many Americans don’t realize, is that census workers — from the head of the Bureau and the Secretary of Commerce (its parent agency) down to the lowliest and newest Census employee — are empowered under federal law to actually demand access to any apartment or any other type of home or room that is rented out, in order to count persons in the abode and for “the collection of statistics.” If the landlord of such apartment or other leased premises refuses to grant the government worker access to your living quarters, whether you are present or not, the landlord can be fined $500.00.

That’s right — not only can citizens be fined if they fail to answer the increasingly intrusive questions asked of them by the federal government under the guise of simply counting the number of people in the country; but a landlord must give them access to your apartment whether you’re there or not, in order to gather whatever “statistics” the law permits.

In fact, some census workers apparently are going even further and demanding — and receiving — private cell phone numbers from landlords in order to call tenants and obtain information from them. Isn’t it great to live in a “free” country?" WTF!!:eek:

http://www.whiotv.com/news/22635850/detail.html

"DAYTON, Ohio -- The U.S. Census Bureau will begin its 2010 count of the country's population in March.

In the Miami Valley, residents can expect to receive a questionnaire containing ten questions in the third week of March. If residents do not mail back the questionnaire, census workers will begin going door to door to get your answers, beginning May 1st.

News Center 7 and whiotv.com have learned that some of the enumerators may be ex-felons, people who have served time in prison."

Now they say that they screen these felons ..... and I totally trust the government to do that. :headshake:

Had to share and warn people. Be wary and catious.

And remember this when speaking to your representives and at election time.

·
Spunky Curmudgeon
1,310 Posts
I didn't fill out the forms, and they haven't found me, does that mean I don't have to pay taxes? ;)

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
well, at my home they would set off alarms and they are going to be in hot water because my conservative ******* neighbors are liable to shoot someone.... and they will not play games with these chumps...

·
Dog bites - Owner shoots
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://2010.census.gov/partners/pdf/ConstituentFAQ.pdf

"11. What happens if I don’t respond?
Although the law makes it a crime not to answer the decennial census, the American Community Survey and other mandatory censuses, and authorizes the courts to impose a fine of up to $5,000 for failure to respond, the Census Bureau views this approach as a last resort."

Title 13, Chapter 7, Subchapter II, § 223 of the US Code. The section prevents the owner or manger of “any hotel, apartment house, boarding or lodging house, tenement, or other building” from refusing to provide a list of the buildings occupants or providing access to “such premises”. This means a building’s owner or manger cannot refuse to let a census worker into or out of the building and cannot refuse to provide a list of occupants for the purpose of the census count. The penalty for refusal is $500. No where in the section does it authorize entry into individual apartments, lodgings, or “living quarters”.
The relevant code section is found at: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode13/usc_sec_13_00000223—-000-.html

·
Dog bites - Owner shoots
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My point being this ...

FACT: they are hiring felons to do the census

FACT: they have the power and influence to demand access to you and your information

This is the government who claims they check the workers .... and the government never lies. Never misses a thing :rolleyes:

Just giving you the heads up the this worker at your door may have been a rapist that slipped through thier flawless screening. A thief.
They are taking your info ... your kids info sex and age. They know where you live and your phone #. They can demand access under the law to you.

I dont like this one bit.

·
Not To Reason Why...
1,966 Posts
I believe your only obligated to give your name and number of people residing at your address and thats it, that's all you legally have to answer, you can tell them they can shove the rest of the questions where the sun don't shine. I do see why there should be a census, however some of the "extended" question do seem intrusive.

·
Rabid Toad Killer
2,484 Posts
The Constitution is why there is a census, and it clearly states what it is for, for the enumeration of Representatives to congress. However the only question I saw as being Illegal is the one of Date of birth for each occupant.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I believe your only obligated to give your name and number of people residing at your address and thats it, that's all you legally have to answer, you can tell them they can shove the rest of the questions where the sun don't shine. I do see why there should be a census, however some of the "extended" question do seem intrusive.
I answered question #1: how many people living here April 1, 2010. No name. they've got records, they can figure it out from there (if they want to)

G'dood

·
Registered
933 Posts
The Constitution is why there is a census, and it clearly states what it is for, for the enumeration of Representatives to congress. However the only question I saw as being Illegal is the one of Date of birth for each occupant.
I don't believe it is illegal to ask... but you are not necessarily obligated to answer, except how many people live at the address. That's the only information they *require* to equally "represent us" *cough cough (choking down bile) cough*

G'dood

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well today made trip number two for them and all I said to the lady was "3 Adults, 1 female, age 52, 2 males age 50 & 52. Thank you have a good day" and closed the door. She stood there a minute and finally walked away. Better not come back as again I say this made trip number 2.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I work for a real estate rental management co.... the census workers call every day ad nauseum. we tell them we can legally give them only the names of the people on the lease. we have no access to other information. nobody here has demanded to be
allowed into an apartment, and my guess is that even though they are legally "allowed" to not many of the census workers take the job that seriously! Who would go to those lengths to see a lot of desperate people who don't want to be seen?
all the same, the law is an outrage. I saw it in the news this AM and was beyond disgusted.

·
Prepared Gourmet
2,964 Posts
We have 2 houses on 1 property. 1 person in each. One house received a form. The other did not. The one form received was filled in (just the number of occupants = 1) and sent back. The other day, a census worker showed up at the fence gate. Husband happened to see him and talked nicely to him, but, refused to let him in the gate (politely). The census worker repeatedly tried to get him to let him in.

They chatted and the worker got no further info from him, except that the other house was occupied and that 1 person lived there. He left a 'note' saying that that person should call him to give the rest of the info, even though he was told the number already and told that the 2nd person was not going to give more information than that.

2nd person looked at the note and thought about heading the worker off at the pass by calling, but, then realized that if one makes a call, the worker probably (with caller ID) automatically has another answer for his/her form - the phone number of the person in question (and possibly even the name as well) - unless one calls from somebody else's phone.

They already have all the info they are going to get. It was given to them by the 'neighbour' (as far as the worker knew - in reality, that was my husband he was talking to). He was a nice guy, older, not threatening .. and my husband felt for him having to do this job. But, if he doesn't show back up when I happen to be in the yard and see him outside the fence, I don't think he is even going to be able to 'confirm' that is there one person in the 2nd house.

When told that the 2nd house had not received a form at all, and that is why they didn't send one in, why didn't the census worker leave one to be filled in? Why didn't the census worker take the word of what he thought was the 'neighbour' that there was 1 person who would not give other answers, fill in the form himself and leave it at that? What was the point of asking that info from the neighbour if he had to confirm it with the actual occupant? Wouldn't a simple - does ANYONE live there? - question be sufficient if they have to talk to the actual occupant anyway?

Actually I hope I see this guy so I can ask him a few questions too. Like, how many times was he hired and 'fired' during this process. The fact that these people/their short term jobs and the hiring/firing stuff have been used to inflate government 'employment' figures is outrageous.

Isn't the census done on the 31st? Hope so.

·
Deus exsisto laus
3,963 Posts
Maybe I'm just not getting it. I know the census is constitutional, and I understand WHY our founding fathers felt it was important. In a representative democracy, it IS important. I also understand that the congress critters have carved up the voting districts, not to represent the people, but to ensure there continued presence at the public trough. I realize the census will be used by politicians to further THEIR aims, not represent us. I think the people at the Census bureau think they are helping the country and doing their patriotic duty.So what's the big deal? I got the 10 question form,I filled it out,I was a tad vague on the birthday. The phone number is the business number. If they call and ask about my tenants, AND I get the message, AND if I was inclined to return the call, I'd confirm who is on the lease.So what's the big deal? I won't deny them access to any of my rental properties. I have a business to run. I don't have time to return calls from a government employee concerning one of my tenants. If they want to knock on the door of a tenants flat or whatever, have at it, as long as the rent is paid on time,I don't care. If the tenant doesn't want to answer the census questions, that's between the tenant and the government. If a government agent shows up at my office, with a warrant requiring me to open a tenants door, I will open the door, after the warrant is looked over by my attorney. As long as I am legally covered, why should I care? Just fill out the form and mail it in,then get on with life, what's the big deal? TP

·
Doc
144 Posts
That’s right — not only can citizens be fined if they fail to answer the increasingly intrusive questions asked of them by the federal government under the guise of simply counting the number of people in the country...

That's not exactly true. I only answered how many people lived in my home and that was it. Census is a form of a global subserviance in the fact that they have been imposing it on western society since the days of the Roman Empire; mostly among the oppressed. It's like a farmer taking count of how much livestock he has as he wants to make sure his numbers are as estimated before he has a lamb-chop barbeque. Bahhhh! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts
To me, one of the tricks to blending in is not to stand out. I got the 10 question form, filled it out and sent it in. Do you really want to be on the list of "problematic" people? The information on the census is stuff that they could have gotten anyway, if they wanted to. Might as well give it to them and stay off their list. To them, I'm just one of the millions of pacified sheeple. Just the way they want it and not worth a second look.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.