Survivalist Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
That’s a good question. SHTF last rifle and ammo ... probably an 80 year old single shot 12 gauge. Stock is not the best and it shows it age but if all else fails and I have the ammo left I guess that’s the bottom of the barrel lol I doubt I would have any 12 gauge left by the time I make it to that gun

·
Never Ever Give Up!
971 Posts
Last resort for me is when I have to pull the Bear bows down. They can be used anytime, they are leathal, quiet, but have limited distance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow...by "last resort", I suppose that would mean I've gone through all of my semi-auto stuff (7.62x 39 and 5.56)...maybe even .22 and Garand food (30-06)...so...out comes the bolt action milsurps and their ammo (7.62x54, 8mm Mauser, 6.5x55). If it got that bad, I'd have to assume the end is near!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I like a reusable, compound bow is great for hunting if there is anything left to hunt in shtf. Normal traveling, which I would not do in shtf, stainless bolt action 270 king of the west. 1 shot 1 kill, light weight. Reliable. Easy to clean. No rust. I won't be plowing through bullets, too heavy to carry too many. Bullets a bit pricier and harder to find though.

Home defense, handful of AR15s if it's good enough for US military in a battlezone it's good enough for us in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

101 - 108 of 108 Posts