Survivalist Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I guess for me it would be my recurve now. If I'm slinging arrows then watch out world. This just got real.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
last resort rifle is collecting the ones from the fools that walked into the Jungle ... probably better equipment than I have now, but - it is easier to defend a position than it is to take one - just my assumption, never been there.

·
Shill for the Federal Gov
464 Posts
In what I think the spirit of the question is, it would be my wifes walther p22.

In all honesty though, and not really trying to be a smartass or contrarian, I thought about this for awhile, and the honest answer is probably whatever you pulled the trigger first on.

First "BANG" and everyone in the county knows something bad just happened and your life as you knew it is gone forever. In all likelihood, Thats going to be the last firearm you use.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Assuming I lived long enough to get to the last resort, it would likely be a toss up between muzzleloader or a Vetterli in .41 Swiss. I could see me using up all the muzzleloader caps on pistols and rifles first and the .41 Swiss being the last thing available.
But that's only because I don't have a flintlock...yet.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
evacuation is getting closer as the fire burns out of control. I'm packing. I now have to make this decision. Ruger 77/357 wins.

·
Registered
757 Posts
In reality, I would go through my modern military semi-autos first, then my straight-pull K31 7.5x55 Swiss, and finally my K98 8mm Mauser.

But where appropriate, my shotguns would be used with whatever shells I had left at any time.

Then it's back to Cave Man style, rocks, clubs and fists!!

·
Pusher of brooms
521 Posts
Simple answer, because we don't know when anything will happen or how long it will take to get there.

Last ditch? Whatever has ammunition that I can still physically pick up.

Only one arm working? The old Mauser probably ain't the best thing, but the AR is light enough.

Right now, the .300BO makes the most sense for my needs, because if I were to survive long enough to run out of the rest of the ammunition, I could still make it from everyone elses spent .223 and wheel weights. Sure it may be a straight pull gun at that point, using only a pinch of pistol powder, but it gives the most options.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
I picked up a few 38's years ago. Some sporterized some not. Great rifles. 6.5 is a good caliber. I have a little carbine which was opened to 6.5 X55.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Last resort means what is the gun i dislike the most and don't want to rely on....
The last one would be that old single shot .410 I keep in the shop.
But I expect that I will begin and finish with an AR.
I expect that the junk will all be handed out to late comers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If I ran out of all my other ammo, I was going to say one of my Mosin Nagants (M38, M44, M91/30) as they offer no advantage over Mauser-derived or Lee Enfield actions. I do have an SVT-40 so I would try to use up my 7.62 x54R with that.

As for handguns, it would either be my Type 14 Nambu or 1895 Nagant. Those would be some really desperate times.....

·
Registered
251 Posts
If I made down to the ol Remington 742 I've got 49 rounds left , And I had to swim trough a sea of brass to reach it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My last resort would probably be the ATI Nomad single shot .20g with the three 5 inch rifled tubes (.22lr - .38spl - 9mm) I own.

·
Retired Army
5,992 Posts
Having been to war, I'm still holding out that it doesn't come to that here at home.

That said, if the S does HTF, going to the rifle IS last resort, but I'm gonna want a "first resort" type weapon, so I'm going for my AR. BUT, if we're talking about very worst case scenario, have to walk out, with the lightest load possible, and carry the most ammo... my 10/22 Charger takedown.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Interesting question and it depends on the situation. If you mean the gun(s) that you carry with you and exit stage right? If I am bugging out I would carry a brace of pistols and a rifle.

Probably would be at least two of my 1911s and a bunch of extra mags. The two I think I would grab would be my Wilson Combat Professional (because it is my EDC) and my Nighthawk custom Colt 70 series (because it is an awesome 1911).

The rifle.....hmm.....that is difficult to pick. I will probably get a lot grief over this pick, but I would probably grab my Ruger Gunsite Scout. Mainly because I shoot it the most these days and I know what it can do.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts