Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your SHTF last resort rifle and ammo? At the back of my ammunition storage closet, on the bottom shelf, are two ammo cans filled with 7.62x39. More commonly used calibers are towards the front of the closet - 223 Remington, 9mm, 45acp, 22 long rifle, 30-30 Winchester, 308 Winchester, shotgun... etc. This is what I consider a comfort buffer.

If I have to open ammo cans of 7.62x39 I know the world has gone to hell. In my SHTF / teotwawki scenario that would cause me to open those ammo cans - family members have bugged out to the farm, I have handed out the AR-15s, including my go-to rifle, shotguns, 22 rifles, and I am using the AK47.

The one thing I do not want to do is hand out the SKS. This is because the SKS and AK47 are goalpost rifles. If the SKS and AK47 are used, chances are I will say to myself, "I hoped I would never have to do this."

As I watch the Coronavirus pandemic and riots spread I worry about the future of our nation, and supply chains. This is off topic, but I am seriously concerned about what may happen if President Trump loses, or even wins the 2020 elections. There is no much uncertainty I walk into the ammo closet, look at the last two ammo cans, and hope they are never opened.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
my last resort rifle would have to be the 22 ,,as much as the amount of ammo I got as well as being able to hunt most of my meat with it ,,here in the north beaver would be a large part of my diet if I needed to go bush,,small enough to be transported easier than a deer or moose ,has large amounts of fat ,and a hide that's warm and is easy to handle flat ,,a big needle and some cord with a willow bent into a hoop makes a stretcher

·
Freedom isn't free.
6,124 Posts
All my rifles and their ammo are on the bottom of Lake-O because of a skeet shooting mishap. I had no GPS with me that day so unfortunately I'll never find them. I suck at skeet shooting anyway and I just can't figure why.

·
Texas chooses people.
2,374 Posts
Sooner or later we all know that we will go down the drain. The real question will be is what we leave to our grandkids.
The last resort rifle that I will reach for will be my old Marlin lever gun in 45-70. Whatever she reaches out and touches will be going down. And her backup will be the 12g when the Marlin breathes her last.
We won't be fighting so that we can continue to fish at our favorite creek. We will be fighting in order to pass this great land down to our grandkids, without the enemies of this land able to torment them.

I wanted to add something because it sounds incomplete. It sounds like I will spend the fighting time huddled in my old farmhouse. Furthest thing from the truth. The scenario that I set forth is when the fighting is all but over, and liberty has been lost in this land, that is when I will reach for my trust old Marlin to defend whats left of those left in my care.
There, that sounds like the manner I would rather leave this world to stand before my Maker.

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,645 Posts
A .303 British Enfield. Made in 1943, so you know she spent time putting nazi **** in the dirt. Twenty stripper clips in a reproduction WW2 cartridge belt for the M1 Garand. She's sighted in at 100, and loves the Wolf military classic 174 grain load. Also have some Privi 150 grain soft point boat tail, but haven't sighted that yet.

When that 500 rounds comes out, it's time to tell whomever is listening that they are about to receive incoming customers, and I'll be the one closing the door after everyone comes in.

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,042 Posts
I'll just say I have lots of different tools in the tool box, and pick the right tool for the job.

And good luck to you if it comes to it.

Praying it doesn't.

I've seen a lot of violence in my life. I'm seeing a very worrisome national trend.

Praying for peace. Preparing for worse.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
What is your SHTF last resort rifle and ammo? At the back of my ammunition storage closet, on the bottom shelf, are two ammo cans filled with 7.62x39. More commonly used calibers are towards the front of the closet - 223 Remington, 9mm, 45acp, 22 long rifle, 30-30 Winchester, 308 Winchester, shotgun... etc. This is what I consider a comfort buffer.

If I have to open ammo cans of 7.62x39 I know the world has gone to hell. In my SHTF / teotwawki scenario that would cause me to open those ammo cans - family members have bugged out to the farm, I have handed out the AR-15s, including my go-to rifle, shotguns, 22 rifles, and I am using the AK47.

The one thing I do not want to do is hand out the SKS. This is because the SKS and AK47 are goalpost rifles. If the SKS and AK47 are used, chances are I will say to myself, "I hoped I would never have to do this."

As I watch the Coronavirus pandemic and riots spread I worry about the future of our nation, and supply chains. This is off topic, but I am seriously concerned about what may happen if President Trump loses, or even wins the 2020 elections. There is no much uncertainty I walk into the ammo closet, look at the last two ammo cans, and hope they are never opened.
Twelve gauge double barrel.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts