Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could start your own country what would it be like?

I think I would use the U.S. constitution in its intended manner. I would not allow it to be interpreted by non-elected judges (in fact why interpret it all all if it was written in plain English)?

In addition my country would have one unifying language- that language would be English.

Some programs that others may not like but I would support anyway are taxes for roads, police, fire dept, medical response. Whether or not you are using the roads or need to call the police the society as a whole benefits from these services and infrastructure.

Welfare would be turned into workfare. Fell on hard times, I'm sorry to hear that, heres a helping hand. Decide to lie around in in your own self sorrow then do it on your own without assistance from uncle sugar. The goal is to help others back on their feet not spoon feed them the fruits of others labor.

No need to pay disability for a sore pinky finger. Disability is grossly misused. There is not reason that the bulk of people on disability who I've met couldn't do SOMETHING productive.

Since I have to go to work now I'll stop right here but I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Reactions: Danf1990

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

I think I would use the U.S. constitution in its intended manner. I would not allow it to be interpreted by non-elected judges (in fact why interpret it all all if it was written in plain English)?

In addition my country would have one unifying language- that language would be English.

Some programs that others may not like but I would support anyway are taxes for roads, police, fire dept, medical response. Whether or not you are using the roads or need to call the police the society as a whole benefits from these services and infrastructure.

Welfare would be turned into workfare. Fell on hard times, I'm sorry to hear that, heres a helping hand. Decide to lie around in in your own self sorrow then do it on your own without assistance from uncle sugar. The goal is to help others back on their feet not spoon feed them the fruits of others labor.

No need to pay disability for a sore pinky finger. Disability is grossly misused. There is not reason that the bulk of people on disability who I've met couldn't do SOMETHING productive.

Since I have to go to work now I'll stop right here but I look forward to reading your thoughts.
Me no speaky English!

Seriously, that's #1. Can't learn to speak it like everyone else, get out. :thumb:

#2, it does not need interpretation, just explained better and followed to a T. :D:

#3, You shouldn't force kids to use public schools.

#4, Everyone that is not a felon must own a gun.:thumb:

#5, The securest border on the planet. :D:

#6, Hillary Clinton and Bill on the other side of that border. :thumb:

#7, If you are 18, you can vote. If you can die for your country, then you can damn well vote too. :D:

#8, Lastly, set a progressive tax system up to prevent the rich from controlling the country. Be it rich people, drug companies, lawyers, politicians, etc. Too much of that going on. :thumb:

Nice topic!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Me no speaky English!

Seriously, that's #1. Can't learn to speak it like everyone else, get out. :thumb:

#2, it does not need interpretation, just explained better and followed to a T. :D:

#3, You shouldn't force kids to use public schools.

#4, Everyone that is not a felon must own a gun.:thumb:

#5, The securest border on the planet. :D:

#6, Hillary Clinton and Bill on the other side of that border. :thumb:

#7, If you are 18, you can vote. If you can die for your country, then you can damn well vote too. :D:

#8, Lastly, set a progressive tax system up to prevent the rich from controlling the country. Be it rich people, drug companies, lawyers, politicians, etc. Too much of that going on. :thumb:

Nice topic!
I like them all. But could we make a minor tweek on #4? Can we include idiots? Because there are some people I do NOT want having guns!

·
under prepared patriot
333 Posts
Alright here's my country it may not be popular but I think its got a good amount of common sense, the items listed will be in no particular order of importance. I also might cherry pick a few of other peoples ideas, take it as a compliment for your good idea :)

1. I would draft a new constitution of sorts, but it would give equal rights to everyone

2. Eliminate the drinking age and enforce some common sense laws that go along with drinking

3. taxes would be severely limited and be used mostly for roads, police, fire etc,

4. English would be the national language, I understand learning a different language can be difficult and its been said that English is the hardest, so I would like to set up a few schools for new comers to learn the language.

5. All religions are welcome and are free to practice as they see fit, however religion shall be kept separate from all government related institutions and laws

6. I could care less about gay people, if they want to marry that's fine, what goes on in their bedroom really isn't any of my business.

7. The military would be voluntary but strictly defencive, unless such situations arise where increasing the size would be imperative. Keep it small and very well trained and well armed.

8. Private gun ownership would be very legal but for certain guns background checks and other precautionary measures should be taken as to avoid giving a high power automatic to a ex-con lunatic.

9. Voting would be mandatory if people wanted to receive government services, presidential terms would be limited to 1 six year term.

10. Government would be small, small as possible to run efficiently, limit the bureaucracy and red tape and stem the tide of corruption. No life offices would be allowed in any section of government.

11.Health care is an area that I dont feel confident in saying grandiose things about so I would hire people who really knew what they were talking about to create the health care system.

12. I liked what a previous poster said about welfare, make it workfare.

13. Call me a racist but affirmative action wouldn't be carried over, everyone will be treated equally and affirmative actions just racism from a different point of view.

14. One of the biggest problems right now is ignorance people dont have any pride in being smart anymore. I would push as much education as possible on my citizens from birth. Offer tax rebates and incentives for them to be educated. Homeschooling would absolutely fine so long as you showed you were going to reach some minimum education standards and be a productive member of society

15. disability would need an overhaul and giving it out would be far more stringent on who got it

16.people over the age of 70 would need a driving test every 5 years, lower accident rates and clear up some congestion.

17. 18 would be the age you were eligible to join the army, smoke, vote, and drive, 16 is to early

18. drugs are a huge issue now and so much money is spent on maintaining the laws against them. So with a lot of planning I would decriminalize them with a good amount of laws, and a campaign against the use of them. People will always use drugs and will always be able to get there hands on them so for drugs why not make them safe as far as disease spreading and tax the hell out of them? offer government sponsored rehab and make sure people aren't shooting up on main street. a lot of thought and planning would need to go into these laws.

19. As far as ******** goes, its a dangerous and unpleasant topic but I dont feel its anybody else's right but the mothers, try and offer alternatives but it still should be legal. If it was banned not only would women be doing unsafe and illegal abortions but give it 20 years and you would see a large spike in crime.

20. the death penalty, here's a topic I'm torn on. People who have been innocent have been executed and that cant be allowed, however if you can prove without a shadow of a doubt, DNA the works that the person committed whatever atrocious act they did then, it should go without appeals directly to sentencing. 1 bullet to the back of the head, quick clean and brutal

These are the ones I can think of now, Most of the laws would be straight forward and simple common sense. I might add more later but tell me what you think, is my country a reasonable one?

Reactions: rncmomx2

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
It would be awfully hard.

I mean, my ideal is a world where everyone can matter, but if people get too crowded, they seem to always start behaving bad. So I'd like a small country and a small population. Which would be hard to make happen. Also I wouldn't want my country to be totally cut off from information and other countries, but at the same time, I don't want their population to come "here". Again, hard to do.

I would want to foster everyone to believing they have something to offer to the community. And it doesn't have to be measured in how much you can produce. I would like to see everyones unique talent being used. Everyone would get "payed" because everyone would offer their specific talent.

My countrys language would be Tagalog, just because it sounds cool.

No one would have a gun, but everyone has to have a guinea pig. If there are conflicts, the guinea pigs have to fight each others.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Do you plan on immortality as well and being President for life, so you can keep your country in its utopian state forever?

Your country will inevitably change; it will evolve or devolve beyond your parameters, not a darn thing you could put in place to prevent it.

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Seeing this through the most realistic prism possible; I'd like one of those man made islands off Dubai, with at least dominion status. Population 1. Wouldn't need laws. That would turd upon the perception that nobody can be a one man island :D:

Your country will inevitably change; it will evolve or devolve beyond your parameters, not a darn thing you could put in place to prevent it.
He could always bury an army of Terracotta warriors?

·
Super Moderator
12,059 Posts
Since the premise is for My Country:

My country would be a Benevolent Monarchy, with a Bill of Rights based on the Ten Commandments, the US Bill of Rights, and the Golden Rule. The King/Queen would have two small groups of advisors, those he selects, plus a group elected by the populace.

Church activities would be encouraged, but would have no special legal standing.

All citizens would be required to serve in the defense forces, civil defense force, or support groups to gain the right to vote in the elections for the lower positions of government, (few) and participate in the opinion polls (many) the monarch uses, with his/her advisors, to make decisions for the good of the community.

Income for the government would primarily be taxes and tariffs on imported goods, paid by the importers; a land use tax as the Crown owns all real property; a flat rate head tax based on total net worth of the individual, with a minimum cut off; and a small sales tax on consumer goods.

Details such as drinking age, ********, capital punishment, workfare rules, disability rules, immigration rules, etc., would be decided by opinion polls, the two sets of Crown advisors, and the King/Queen.

A Kingship can be changed by a seven-eighths majority decision by opinion vote, or seven-eighths advisor group vote. Open elections would be held to decide the new King/Queen.

Any subject wishing to leave the country would be bought out by the Crown for full market value of the owner’s possessions left behind.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
I like the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights as it reads. But I'd add some language to clarify a few commonly mis-interpreted points.

1. No Law shall be valid unless it directly punishes those who violate the rights of other individuals. (drug laws, gun laws, any type of law regarding registration or licensing shall be ruled void)

2. Rights are granted to all people, not just citizens of the United States (Except for the right to vote). All persons are to receive due process of law, they are to be free of cruel and unusual punishment and they shall remain secure in their person, papers and property.

3. Any law that can be classified as a means of wealth distribution is inherently unconstitutional and thus unenforceable. (See #1)

4. Slavery, being against all that is natural in a free society, is unconstitutional. This shall include the idea that a government can possess an equitable interest in the labor of citizens who do not profit from the exercise of federal priviledge. In short, only those who profit from the delegation of federal power shall be liable to pay any tax upon their labor, and only for that portion of profits which came from that exercise of priviledge.

5. No tax law shall last for more than one year. If the government wishes to spend the money of the tax payer, they must ask for the money each year. This will keep free-spending politicians accountable to the people and allow the people to determine the merit of the expenditure.

6. Any politician, publicly elected or appointed, or any law enforcement agent shall receive no less the double the maximum sentence for their crime as a punitive measure for betraying the public's trust. This shall include any instance of Eminent Domain that is shown to be unjust or where compensation was less than 115% of market value.

7. Government has no rights which it hasn't received from the governed. Therefore, there shall be no activity denied the people that government claims authority to do itself.

8. The government cannot delegate powers granted to it by the people. If the people allow the government to coin and print money, it is the duty of Congress to do so. If Congress votes to delegate its powers then it shall be temporarily stripped of its powers, all members who voted to delegate shall be dismissed and replaced at which point the power shall be returned to the Congress. Members who are dismissed for voting for Unconstitutional bills shall serve no less than 2 years in a Federal Prison.

9. Testing, to determine the Constitutional competence of any political candidate, shall be performed prior to an election. Scores will be made public ... so study hard. A score of 89% or less shall exclude an individual for running for office until they retake and pass the test.

10. Government shall stay separate from private business, except in the case of criminal actions (See #1) as to allow for the purest form of a free market economy. The people may suffer slightly every now and then but they will surely suffer less than had the government attempted to fix the market.

Reactions: Cryptophylaxis

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you plan on immortality as well and being President for life, so you can keep your country in its utopian state forever?

Things can always change. If the later generations decide they have a better way then thats up to them.

But since this is "my country" I'm starting I can give it the best start possible with a bit of a history lesson to act as a compass.

Not to mention its just a fun exercise :)

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can say that prison would be a very different place in my world. I wouldn't allow any creature comforts that are found in todays prisons. Nothing but work. Don't want to work then no meals. Self starvation through laziness is a free choice. Some crimes would have rehabilitation. If the person can't be rehabilitated then they have to be put down like any dog who has bitten its owner.

I'm a big fan of exiling but in todays world theres no place to exile anyone to.
I would allow cruel and unusual punishment. Eye for an eye. I guarantee that my country would have the lowest child molestation and rape rate in the world. Basically people would be held responsible for their actions.

In my country I wouldn't need to legalize any drugs because the government wouldn't be bringing them into the country like a certain country's government does.

Immigration would be fully controlled. A strong screening process to weed out the drags on society would be in place. Illegal immigration? Not a healthy choice.

Its some pretty radical stuff but again this is all just wishful thinking. You may not want to live in my country and thats ok because you can make your own country in this thread :thumb:

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
yea Crypto, all work and no play... you can stay in your own country... I hope your citizens never get sick. Would suck if they couldn't work so much. :)

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea Crypto, all work and no play... you can stay in your own country... I hope your citizens never get sick. Would suck if they couldn't work so much. :)
:confused: What do you mean?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts