Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the book that sparked, helped or influenced you to become a prepper and make it a life choice

For me...
I always was a prepper , but a book by peggy layton , Emergency Food Storage and Survival Handbook made it fun for me, I have bought several of her books for other friend and Family and every one has thanked me !

I would like to hear your story , or even suggest a book!!!!

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,294 Posts
The Disaster Preparedness Handbook A Guide for Families by Dr Arthur Bradley.

One of the most profound points he makes in the introduction that many confuse wilderness survival with disaster preparedness. I was one. Sure, there may be scenarios where I will have to "bug out" but for most scenarios, I'll be staying put. So, it is more valuable that I have a wood stove than learn how to efficiently build leentu's.

·
Registered
982 Posts
One Second After was when I started really getting organized prepping, rather than a haphazard 'stocking up' with grains and such.

Making it a lifestyle -- I bought the ebook from FoodStorageMadeEasy.net (.com?) and that really helped me see how easy it is to be organized prepping. I'd gotten the free babysteps before but always fizzled out after a few weeks. I needed it all laid out for me to hack and repaste as fit our situtation. I got it during their cyber-Monday sale (evidently it goes on sale 2x a year) and it was hands-down the best money I spent in terms of making prepping a lifestyle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts