Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some ramblings of what I expect to see in 2012

Cost of food

With the drought in Texas from 2011, and people stockpiling food for the end of the world in 2012, I suspect we might see food shortages. If there are shortages, we can expect the price of food to go up.

Some weather forecasters are predicting another decade of drought for the south, and especially for Texas.

If we think the price of food is bad now, and the predictions are true, we int seen nothing yet.

Iran, China and Russia

Iran supplies a good bit of crude oil to China and Russia. Any attack on Iran will be see as an attack on the national security of Russia and China. If the US makes a move that disrupts the flow of crude to either china or russia, both nations will be forced to respond to the threat.

North Korea

Some 20 year old kid just got handed the keys to a stockpile of nuclear weapons.

I think there is good reason to be worried about the leadership of north korea.

·
Infraction Collector
2,409 Posts
yep,..rising food prices,.....rice,..wheat,..grains,....

energy will probably make a jump too....electricity etc....

we'll probably go full -out on Iran sometimes this year

·
Survivalist & proud of it
219 Posts
Yes, food situation will be bad. As near as we can tell throughout history such droughts have occurred in various parts of the world. They have sealed the fate of many civilizations. I will continue to work to grow/produce as much food as I can here on the farm. Figure will have to try to produce not only for me but for other family members/children as well.

·
Constitutional Patriot
210 Posts
I agree completely, scary stuff.

Also add increasing US national debt, inflation and the potential for the Euro to collapse and/or Germany to bail on the EU to save themselves financially, thus pulling the US into another unfunded "bail-out" of Greece, Italy, etc.

And don't forget, it is 2012... Yikes!

·
I look good in tin foil
428 Posts
Definately worried about all the others prepping for 2012....

Even people that dont worry about hurricanes get ready for them!!!

·
Infraction Collector
2,409 Posts
Oh,..and that my infractions will go so high,..I might get perma-banned......LOL

I gotta keep a close eye on them collective points,......

·
90/10 headed for 95/5
7,665 Posts
I'm not too worried about 2012 per se, or most of the political silliness that's going on, but the food issues are somewhat disturbing.

Money's not so much of an issue for me, and I rarely pay a lot of attention to prices, but you'd have to be blind not to see the drastic rise in the price of fresh produce....and I'm also starting to notice that some food products can't be found on the shelves at all. That's the single most disturbing thing I've seen, and I expect to see more of it.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
1. Political instability/Election Fraud (not that it will matter either way).
2. 2012 Prophecy Believers causing shortages and panic
3. Economic collapse

I think a lot of people are going to get caught up in their pet EOTW scenario and mass stupidity (beyond the everyday stupidity) will cause major problems.

·
Welcome to the rice field
1,601 Posts
My primary concern in general is for the health, happiness, and safety of my family... as it is in every year.

Second to that, my concern centers around continuing to move forward in my personal occupational plans.

Outside my own little world...

I am concerned about the direction of the economy. I don't see any moves towards positive meaningful change. Only variations of the road we're on.

I am concerned about the actions of our govt in foreign military campaigns which in turn impacts the economy.

I am concerned about the ever increasing nannyism which further erodes our freedoms.

·
Registered
33,251 Posts
1) Price of food/fuel
2) European collapse and the results that may effect us
3) City/County/State bankruptcy and the domino effect
4) The election in November

·
Heart of Darkness
539 Posts
People freaking out that it is "2012", which takes the emphasis away from matters of greater importance, then as things thappen, those same people "rationalize" it away as a factor of being "2012".
Vicious, ignorant circle. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts