Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might start a group but when it hits three people it is no longer your group. You just got outnumbered.

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
And???

That's why you pick people that would be your team, not team up against you. ;)

·
Getting Ready
1,025 Posts
my group for bug out/in is like 14 people for riot, civil unrest.

For more than that i would still think having multiple people makes you a stronger group. A variety of skills and backgrounds, more eyes and ears, yes theres more to feed, but there is also more to hunt and gather. Plus if things get sticky thats more trigger fingers.

T

·
Banned
317 Posts
And that's why I am an army of one........they say that no man is an island... hell man the way that I am ready I am a wholeeeeeeeeeee continent hahahahahahahaah.

Because I knew what is going to happen the first thing that I did was to make NO FRIENDS while I was here for the past eight years.........that way anyone who get to my sencond fence I know that it is an enemy.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are doomed. The caves that I know of with water in them also flood in heavy rains.

A concrete house would be a chinch to over come. I have an all concrete house. You have to have openings to the outside. Besides all someone would have to do is sit on your roof till you tried to come out.

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess I hit the wrong button as I had a really sarcastic reply that I was so proud of. I don't know if I can think of all that rotten stuff again or not LOL

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
"Death before disloyalty", my friend.

I would never turn on any group which would accept me into it.
I agree with you there 110%. :)

and that being said, it is now sleepy time. I'm up too late already!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The problem is is that I am a fat old fart that is laying in bed with my laptop balanced on my fat belly and my knees and I lose control of it frequently. That should explain a lot.

·
Banned
8 Posts
If your going to have a group then you pick your team mates well. Knowledge about animals, farming, building trades and things of this nature should play a major part in who you team up with. What are they doing to prepare now should also come into the picture. They must have and be able to keep a cool head. One scared to death fool could kill two of you before he realized who he was shooting at. Personally as it stands now I'm depending on myself. If you buy or make a little here and a little there it soon adds up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Who says I want it to be my group? I don't want to be 100% in charge all on my own!!! *Shudder* I want a group around me that is populated with people who can think for themselves but are intelligent enough to know when to set petty crap aside and get down to the business of staying alive! A group full of empty headed followers sound like a one way ticket to deadsville to me.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
What do people actually mean by "group"? Does this mean people who live with like in a compound or something like that or does it mean like minded people who help each other when needed?

I live alone so I don't belong to a group if it means living with people. I am lucky enough, however, to live in a place where people still help each other when asked. We are too busy with our own lives to take stock of what each other have for food stores or guns or ammo or whatever unless if we talk about it. Someone may ask, "Ya got enough potatoes this year?" or something like that but I don't know what other people store and they don't know what I do. Yet if I said I needed help or I saw one of my neighbors needed help we'd jump in and help each other.

So I'm not sure what people mean by group.

Tury

·
Outdoorsman
78 Posts
What do people actually mean by "group"? Does this mean people who live with like in a compound or something like that or does it mean like minded people who help each other when needed?

I live alone so I don't belong to a group if it means living with people. I am lucky enough, however, to live in a place where people still help each other when asked. We are too busy with our own lives to take stock of what each other have for food stores or guns or ammo or whatever unless if we talk about it. Someone may ask, "Ya got enough potatoes this year?" or something like that but I don't know what other people store and they don't know what I do. Yet if I said I needed help or I saw one of my neighbors needed help we'd jump in and help each other.

So I'm not sure what people mean by group.

Tury
I am definately not living on a compound. I think your "like minded people" idea is about right. I choose not to inform those around me of my preparations. The guys I hunt and shoot with know I have a few firearms of course. My close friends and family know that I have acquired a bit of training from my time in the Army but that is about it. My wife knows my thought process for prepping for emergencies, my kid just thinks it is all camping gear. I guess my "group" will remain just the three of us. Of course if I were geographically closer to my immediate family I would make plans to include them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts