Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets talk knifes here. We all have our BOB at the ready, so the question is what knife do you have in there. I mean what knife will your life depend on? For me it is a Cris Reeve Green Beret 5.5" with nylon sheath. This knife is absolutely indestructible and sharp as all get out! I have tried many and I find this one fits me best of all! So let's hear it, what you all carrying in that bag.:D:

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
US Army/Airforce, and a KA BAR. BOTH are in my hiking/back packing pack.

When i camp, i generally leave the KA BAR on the pack, and have the US Army/Air force knife on my belt. Although, I suppose if SHTF, i'd have both on me, as well as my folder.

·
Student/Teacher
164 Posts
Right now I have two a navy pilot survival knife and a cold steel Bushman. The navy knife from Ontario knife company for general purpose and the Bushman for the heavy work. I am considering a smaller neck type knife maybe a Mora to round things out.

At work I use and always have on my belt a folding utility knife that I carry extra blades for as I tend to abuse the heck out of it. Being able to quickly swap out the blade for a new razor edge is nice for the general day to day stuff but the blade is not thick, or strong enough for bush work.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
I really need to get a good survival knife.
I use a pocket knife, which is getting dull. Durable, just not as sharp as it use to be.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I wont be depending on just one knife.

Got several different knives which are each good at different jobs. All of which would be vitally important in such a situation.

No such thing as one knife that can do it all, at least they arent made to do it all, even though we may attempt to make our knives do it all.

I have knives I'd use for survival, I got knives Id use for rescue work, I got knives for detail work, I have self defense/fighting knives, etc.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I carry a traditional khukri made in nepal in my bob, it cuts trees down like it's nothing, can be easily sharpened and also works great for general cutting jobs.

I also carry a SAK and coldsteel voyager with me at all times.

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
I carry a traditional khukri made in nepal in my bob, it cuts trees down like it's nothing, can be easily sharpened and also works great for general cutting jobs.
Also works for angry forest critters and bad guys. ;)

Reactions: Viking Josh

·
Registered
187 Posts
For things beyond cutting carry the pictured Becker Tac Tool in the Bag of Evil. I have used it to pry open doors on buildings and cars, and even cut through shattered laminated glass. I love this thing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
As has been said more than one knife for me as well. I have a Kabar in the pack always, a folder in my pocket. Bought myself a SOG mini pentagon to replace a larger boot knife I've carried for years. I really like the SOG alot.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
my get home bag has a ontario 12" machete and an old school survival knife. a spare folder, and a leatherman. on me i carry my gerber folder. in bag is also a small shovel and saw.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts