Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

Registered
I think the 39-2 is one of the best looking semi-autos ever made and would love to get my hands on a couple, but the current used price on them isn't in the cards right now,

Registered
In Semiautomatic it would be the Sig P series of pistols but specifically P226 which is what I own.

For a revolver the S&W 66 is my favorite in the 4in model. Easy to carry and still projects the .357 velocity very well. I wish I still had mine from years ago 馃槳.

Registered
Is the PX4 the same gun as the Beretta Storm? I had one of those and the points on the safety were so sharp it made it painful to rack the slide. I sold it mainly for that reason. That and the fact that it was so fat in the grip. And I don't have small hands. But it was an extremely well made gun.
Yep. Full name: Beretta PX4 Storm.

Not to be confused with the CX4 storm.

Registered
Spare flush fitting OEM 39 magazines are sometimes hard to find (or pricey), but S&W magazines for a lot of subsequent single-stack models are still readily available, affordable, and fit (adding one more round to the original capacity of 8 rounds). Those more recent stainless steel mags give you 9-round capacity plus one in the chamber = 10 rounds for carry. The longer mag sticks out just a little bit from being flush with the 39-2's butt.
Thanks so much for the heads up on the 39 magazine. I may have to get one of two of them. I have 4 factory mags now. I bought them long ago when they were cheap. I have been buying a few mags lately. I bought two more for my EC9s and two of the BX-25 mags for my Ruger 10-22.

I took my CC class and used the model 39-2 for the shooting part. At 15 yards I shot 50 rounds of Speer 124gr FMJ bullets into one ragged hole but did have two holes about a half inch out from the hole. Everyone in the class was talking about my target. That model 39 shoots just like the S&W model 52 Bullseye gun made to shoot target WC rounds.

Over and Out
.. I鈥檓 in the market for something DA/SA that is small to mid sized to carry for summer time weather.
HK P2000 v3, All the Way... (y) (though it seems like I'm about the Only HK fan on this whole site, Lol.. :unsure: And, if ya keep yer eyes peeled, you can hit / get below yer price-point, ie: New! Heckler and Koch P2000SK V3 9mm with 2- 10 rd magazines - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 897181508 (..though not sure why the Pix are wrong, there.. That's a v2 in .40 SW, but.. Anyhoo, they're 'out there'...)

Edit: Derp, sorry, that's an Ad for an 'SK' (likely too small for ya..) but, again - they're Out there, if ya fish the right pond..

PS - Here's a 'correct' shot of the P2K v3 - https://p1.gunbroker.com/pics/890762000/890762683/pix762886861.jpg

..If yer hands are 'on the XL side', you might like the P30 better, ie: Heckler and Koch P30 | 9mm | 3 Magazines & OG Case | - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 891734794 (just as an example..) but we're in the P2K-camp all the way..

jd

Amat victoria curam
Of the guns I actually own.. either my HK MK23 or my SW 645. Probably the 645 wins out simply because it's the type used in Miami Vice the show that I enjoyed watching with my dad and a show that gave me my love of firearms and cars.

Wearing fur underwears...
Not fancy, not high dollar, and I never thought I'd get a "Tupperware" pistol, but I like my little Sarsilmaz B6C.

Kind of a clone of a CZ-75, but compact, and polymer frame. Modified mine slightly by installing steel mag bottoms, and grinding the back of the grip down for a more compact gun. Also cut a couple CZ scallops, and painted it, partly to hide the marks from modifying it, and partly because I found the black boring.

Nice little pistol; with perhaps a tennifer coating on the slide, stainless barrel, and a well polished feed ramp.

Premium Member
I have had Glocks, they are absolutely dead cold reliable. Just never could warm to them. CZ-p01 hands down, it's gotten to the point they caught on with my family, my brother and wife both have them as well. They should better for me, feel more like a gun, and hopefully never to be proven, make a much better club when empty. Not to mention you are not in danger is someone splashes you with a bucket of acetone! LOL

Registered
There aren't too many traditional DA/SA, single-stack compacts on market these days. That said, I really like my Sig P225, S&W 3913, and even my Astra A75L. Sig discontinued the P239, which kind of sucks as well.

For double stacks, there are a few more options already mentioned. I have an older Sig P228, CZ P-01 and HK P200SK that I really like (compact model; only HK I've kept). On the heavier side are the CZ75 compacts with steel frame. I like the traditional ones that can be carried DA/SA, or cocked-and-locked for SA.

Not too many options on the market. For 9mm, I would really only look at Sig (P228/229/239), CZ (P-01/Rami), HK (P2000SK/P30SK), or Beretta (Storm Compact). Those are all well established and in current production (sans the P239).

There are small caliber options as well: Walther PPK/S, Bersa Thunder, Beretta Tomcat...

ROCK6

Registered
I forgot about the RAMI, a very different feel in a CZ. I didn't like the feel of the RAMI vs the 75 models, but some folks love it. It is slightly smaller than my Compact, too.

Premium Member
There aren't too many traditional DA/SA, single-stack compacts on market these days. That said, I really like my Sig P225, S&W 3913, and even my Astra A75L. Sig discontinued the P239, which kind of sucks as well.

For double stacks, there are a few more options already mentioned. I have an older Sig P228, CZ P-01 and HK P200SK that I really like (compact model; only HK I've kept). On the heavier side are the CZ75 compacts with steel frame. I like the traditional ones that can be carried DA/SA, or cocked-and-locked for SA.

Not too many options on the market. For 9mm, I would really only look at Sig (P228/229/239), CZ (P-01/Rami), HK (P2000SK/P30SK), or Beretta (Storm Compact). Those are all well established and in current production (sans the P239).

There are small caliber options as well: Walther PPK/S, Bersa Thunder, Beretta Tomcat...

ROCK6

No CZ? No IWI? I mean i think the sig 229 is the way , but i have to admit CZ has a good following. .

Registered
No CZ? No IWI? I mean i think the sig 229 is the way , but i have to admit CZ has a good following. .
IWI based their Jericho directly from the CZ75, but they're pretty well established as well, so good catch. Only CZ has the sub-compact (RAMI); Jericho only comes in a mid-size (I'm assuming same size as the CZ compacts/SIG P228/229, etc.). There just aren't many micro-compacts for CCW that are DA/SA in a 9mm or great caliber. There are plenty DAO, Striker variations, and even SAO, but for current production from reputable manufacturers, there just aren't many options these days.

ROCK6

Registered
CZ 75D Compact. DA/SA, decocker. 15+1 9 mm. The PCR aluminum alloy frame is 4 oz lighter. These would be my suggestion.

Slightly smaller, CZ82, 12+1 of 9X18 Makarov, DA/SA/decocker. I actually like this one better, but both CZ's just melt into my hands.

EAA Witness-P 10 mm. Like the CZ, but polymer, in 10 mm. Should have gotten metal.

Not hammer fired, but, DA/SA....Taurus PT 140 Millennium Pro, 12+1 in .40. More compact than the 9 mm CZ's, actually. And NOT part of the lawsuit about safeties.

Taurus 605, 5 rounds of 357 or 38, but it's more of a BUG to me.
Awesome suggestions, I also carry a CZ75 Compact PCR. Its not a pocket gun but its a wonderful shooter ( I suck) and is totally dependeble. S/A is a #10 pull (decocked) or like a revolver, D/A is a #3.2 pull with the hammer back. The slide pull is light.

I just love it. Its honestly a pleasure. I rented one at the range to take it for s spin after reading raving reviews and ended up buying it 20 minutes later. That was 2 years ago. I did lay away. 637.00. I'm a frugal tightwad, that poor kid still lives in me, but I never regretted a dime of it for even a second. +700 rounds through it, so far....

I carried a Taurus 651 CIA as a pocket gun for 20 years. 38hp. My OMG gun in my suits anf slacks in professional environments, behind a folded piece of mail to mask the outline. Tho

21 - 40 of 59 Posts