Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is mine. She is always by my side. I forged the blade from 1084 spring steel and differentially heat treated. The Ferrul is a peice of wrought iron with a nickel spacer. The handle is curly maple with silver wire inlay and brass accents. She is a working machine and handle all the tasks I require in a good working knife here on my farm.

·
Get off my lawn!
4,549 Posts
I'm not a knife guru or enthusiast, just own a few for general purpose and hunting, but that's a good looking blade you got there. You made it yourself? Nice job! :thumb:

·
I love this *****
Very Prepared!!
34,004 Posts
I carry the Spyderco Stretch 2 these days but carried my Buck 110 for many years. I'm in a position now where the bosses might frown on carrying a Buck on my belt and it's a bit bulky for my pocket. The Stretch is a little bit lighter and a little bit thinner. I also like the blade material better than the Buck.

Reactions: CryHavoc

·
I love this *****
Very Prepared!!
34,004 Posts
Here is mine. She is always by my side. I forged the blade from 1084 spring steel and differentially heat treated. The Ferrul is a peice of wrought iron with a nickel spacer. The handle is curly maple with silver wire inlay and brass accents. She is a working machine and handle all the tasks I require in a good working knife here on my farm.
That's a beauty!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Esee Izula (Blade HQ special edition Venom Green color, 57/250, with glow in the dark handles so I don't lose this sucker) horizontally on my belt, and my HK Tumult OTF auto in my pocket.

Brent

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not a knife guru or enthusiast, just own a few for general purpose and hunting, but that's a good looking blade you got there. You made it yourself? Nice job! :thumb:
Yes I did make this my self, along with about 40 others. To answer another question, I have both gas and coal forges and use both for different things.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Yes I did make this my self, along with about 40 others. To answer another question, I have both gas and coal forges and use both for different things.
That's very nicely done, and I like the spear/wharncliffe tip profile! I'm in the process of making EDCs for my family and a few friends, all about 6 1/2" out of 3/16" 1095 from Aldo. I've always carried folders, and won't stop, but a nice stout fixed knife sure is handy to have on you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here it is after about 6 months of hard use on the farm. It's done everything from cutting shingles to cutting tomatoes. I love the patina carbon steels take on. If I were to have put a factory made stainless blade through the same rigorous testing, I don't think there would be much of it left. I would have had to sharpen every few hours. This blade gets an edge touch up once a week.

·
WINNING...humbly
3,704 Posts
Lately it's been a Leatherman Micra along with the ITP A3 Upgraded Stainless Steel flashlight in the 5th pocket of my jeans.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
When just out running around I carry this 1095 carbon steel Stag Handled Skinner I had made for me by a knifesmith buddy of mine. I made the beaded lanyard and sheath for it. When going to town I carry this BUCK/TOPS CSAR Knife with a paracord lanyard.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts