Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to build a cb shack
i do have all the stuff but want some inspiration on how to make it look nice ;)
do you guys have any tips or nice photo's?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Make it ergonomicly pleasing. Everything I use regularly in my amateur station is easily within arms reach, monitor is at eye level, switches easily selected from the seated position, etc... Make it so its functional, not just so it looks pretty ;-)

Thats only partially tongue in cheek but you would be surprised how many guys that I know with completely dysfunctional stations because they sought aesthetics over functionality...

Good luck,

Mo-Go

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice setup
ive got 2 president cb´s and a team roadcom al are unlocked to full channel
the roadcom
40 AM/FM Delta channels
40 AM/FM englisch channels
80 AM/FM normal channels
amped with 25 watt (mostly used for scanning)

president grant AM/FM/USB/LSB 120 channels each 150 watts amp for transmitting

president johnson 1 AF/FM 120 channels each (back up cb looking for an amp)

i have to build a shack but ive got a firestick and a wire antenna ready for use
its not ideal i know but this way every thing is out of sight

·
Seeker of Wisdom
188 Posts
It's easy enough to make the front of the operating position look decent, but the real problem is the rats nest of cables behind the equipment.

So, allow yourself plenty of room to work behind the equipment. You can bundle cables together with reusable cable ties or even twist wire obtained free from the grocery store in the fresh produce section.

If you want to hide the wires and cables, then consider a shelf arrangement with a wooden front and cutouts for the equipment face. Lots of work but it hides the mess in back of the equipment.

I've seen some go as far as installing a custom sloped front rack and desk system and rack mount all the gear. Looks beautiful but a LOT of work, particularly if you change equipment often or rearrange things.

Jack

·
Registered
17 Posts
Everything I use regularly in my amateur station is easily within arms reach, monitor is at eye level, switches easily selected from the seated position, etc. I see to it that it is pleasing, attractive and useful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts