Survivalist Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
10,001 Posts
Mine has a 20" barrel, but I get your point. Even at those speeds, they'll amputate an arm.
Well, not every time, not 100% fully.

Bless Kyle, he has given me so much material for posting lately. And to think we just associated "Kyle" with Monster energy drinks and roughed up drywall.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Actually, from the common 16" carbine barrel, using 55 grain 5.56 pressure ammo, 2900-3000+ is pretty achievable. Going to shorter barrels like the 10.5", ammo selection becomes more important, but there are a number of bullets that will perform quite well down to 2200 fps +/-.

A bullet doesn't have to be travelling at 3000fps to do a lot of damage.

That and well, most factory ammo is somewhat optimistic when it comes to the advertised velocity on the end flap.

·
TEXAS!!!
7,261 Posts
Well, not every time, not 100% fully.

Bless Kyle, he has given me so much material for posting lately. And to think we just associated "Kyle" with Monster energy drinks and roughed up drywall.
I saw a pic in my cousin's CHP magazine (He was a chief of police, CHP). Man shot in the thigh with 55gr round out of an AR, struck the femur directly. Only thing keeping the leg attached, was a shred of pant leg. If it hits bone, it will completely amputate a limb. Doesn't matter. Hit in the head, or chest, you're dead meat.

In the pic above, perp wasn't shot through the bone.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I'm good with the M4/AR 15 platform. No kick, lightwieght, easy access in the field, very destructive. I dont care if it kills or wounds as long as it disables. I prefer that the opposing force has screaming, thrashing wounded amongst them before they go shocky.

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
I saw a pic in my cousin's CHP magazine (He was a chief of police, CHP). Man shot in the thigh with 55gr round out of an AR, struck the femur directly. Only thing keeping the leg attached, was a shred of pant leg. If it hits bone, it will completely amputate a limb. Doesn't matter. Hit in the head, or chest, you're dead meat.

In the pic above, perp wasn't shot through the bone.
Nope.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Your accuracy sucks at 10 yds. Why in the world would I use full auto at such a close range on ONE target? Accuracy would be hitting 3 to 5 targets at 50 or 100 yds on full auto. No wonder you think you know what you're doing. You're clueless.

Thus, you prove the saying: My all my enemies have automatic weapons.
You're incorrect , consider the fact that he was shooting a Mac-10. Furthermore why would you be on f/a at " 50 to a 100" yards? His accuracy was just fine considering the weapon and the fact that he was dumping two full mags.

He isn't the "clueless" one here.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
we have a radio host like that too on our local rock station. Yours isn’t the “Viking” Jordan Roez is it? Lol

the guy narrating is a voice talent wannabee... (grin)...but with no real skills or talent for it...we have one like that at the local radio station...lil weenie of a kid that tries to make his voice sound all big and trails his worrrrddddssss

but to the point..he ain't all wrong.

I own one lowly AR15, basically cause some politicians on TV have told me I shouldn't be allowed to own one...so it was an easy purchase decision.
would I grab it for CQB?...yep. Could I "suppress" to aid in my escape/retreat from stronger threat..yep.

my AR grab for battle, however, is my AR10 with my backup being a PDW, not just a sidearm.
That said, I'm now of the age, that there's no way I'm going to go full battle rattle loadout for 10miles.. I don't kid myself about any of this. I'm not a wannabee soldier and certainly don't dream of future wars.
I have no delusion of standing against a professionally trained/equipped unit.
But I do believe I've got a few surprises left in me for the likes of what's on the streets in today's news.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts