Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
What would Mal do
4,613 Posts
the guy narrating is a voice talent wannabee... (grin)...but with no real skills or talent for it...we have one like that at the local radio station...lil weenie of a kid that tries to make his voice sound all big and trails his worrrrddddssss

but to the point..he ain't all wrong.

I own one lowly AR15, basically cause some politicians on TV have told me I shouldn't be allowed to own one...so it was an easy purchase decision.
would I grab it for CQB?...yep. Could I "suppress" to aid in my escape/retreat from stronger threat..yep.

my AR grab for battle, however, is my AR10 with my backup being a PDW, not just a sidearm.
That said, I'm now of the age, that there's no way I'm going to go full battle rattle loadout for 10miles.. I don't kid myself about any of this. I'm not a wannabee soldier and certainly don't dream of future wars.
I have no delusion of standing against a professionally trained/equipped unit.
But I do believe I've got a few surprises left in me for the likes of what's on the streets in today's news.

·
Banned
229 Posts
My score was zero, but that’s because I’m not a wannabe......Im just psychotic. I’ve always preferred a very long range, high power bolt gun.
that bolt action and scope aint worth a damn at night and nobody with a brain will be out and about in daylight, once shtf. Everybody "thinks" that all they'll have to do is lay there and pick off enemies. Enemies can walk right up on you in the dark, folks and if they are close and all you have is a bolt action, the next day, all you can do is pray that they dont notice you, cause you'll be unable to handle a fight vs several guys with autorifles. The bolt action is a fantasy. so is having a group (that's worth a hoot). You wlll have no help and if you're out in daylight, you'l soon get shot.

·
Swift Justice = 2950fps
10,397 Posts
that bolt action and scope aint worth a damn at night and nobody with a brain will be out and about in daylight, once shtf..
Totally ignorant...
You might notice that in my post, is stated that I “prefer” a long range bolt. That’s because I live in the country with flat, long range in every direction. I have plenty of tools for every different occasion, some of the tools you can’t imagine. In all your post, you try to appear as “The worlds foremost authority”....on every subject. Take a deep breath and FO.

BTW...I bought my Colt R6600, nib, back in 1991. It’s far superior to the knockoff AR you have. :D:

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
It is corny, but he makes some good points. The important thing is to know what environment you will likely be in if you need to use a firearm and match the weapon to that situation.

For most of us, that is a pistol, shotgun, pepper spray, scream, helpful neighbor, pray, call 911 - in that order. :)

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,259 Posts
that bolt action and scope aint worth a damn at night and nobody with a brain will be out and about in daylight, once shtf. Everybody "thinks" that all they'll have to do is lay there and pick off enemies. Enemies can walk right up on you in the dark, folks and if they are close and all you have is a bolt action, the next day, all you can do is pray that they dont notice you, cause you'll be unable to handle a fight vs several guys with autorifles. The bolt action is a fantasy. so is having a group (that's worth a hoot). You wlll have no help and if you're out in daylight, you'l soon get shot.

Are you are 100% "SURE" about that.......The reason that I ask is my bolt action does fairly good job at night. But for roughly $7,000.00 it should also wash the cabin windows, and shovel the snow. But all it does is shoot well at night.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
That video consumed about 11 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Cherry picked talking points spun blatantly and without context, understanding, or benefit of actual professional experience.

Virgin pontificating about sex.

·
Listen to the ghosts
5,395 Posts
The comments aren't having any of it, apparently.

I am a bit confused...he keeps talking about "ARs" and then sometimes specifically he mentions AR-15. Also, all his arguments are centered around the 5.56. Is he implying that all ARs are incompetent and obsolete? Or is this just a rant against the AR-15? Or is it the 5.56 platforms (including the M16 and M4, apparently)?

And, OK, he doesn't like the AR-15. (Any AR?) Does he have another platform he thinks won't actually get a civilian killed? Does he have a better selection? I mean, anybody can **** all over somebody else's choice. That's not constructive in the least.

Also, some of his arguments are contradictory. You shouldn't use the AR-15 because it chews through a lot of ammo, especially in automatic suppressive fire. (Wouldn't all semiauto platforms have this issue?) But, the AR-15 isn't capable of automatic suppressive fire. (Again, wouldn't all semiauto platforms have this issue?)

I think if we take all his arguments seriously, we ought to just lay down and wait to die.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,259 Posts
I think if we take all his arguments seriously, we ought to just lay down and wait to die.
I strongly prefer to find some alternative option.....death involves a kind'a long term commitment.

AR-10 (in any choice of cartridges) topped off with a quality thermal vision rifle scope, might be more fun.....:eek:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My dogs bark in the dark at pretty much everything they hear. I have IR cameras (8) on my place that tie to my phone. Fenced with barbed wire.. and pipe in places. Gated with a sliding pipe gate that you would have to hit with a truck to knock open. You can't just drive up without making a lot of noise, then the dogs bark, then the phone tell's me where you are... then the outside lights come on and the sprinkler system comes on. Okay the sprinklers are more just to make people uncomfortable than a real deterrent. All front ground level windows are covered with hugely painful rosebushes. All rear windows are behind another fence. Point is... yes... you CAN just walk up on me in the dark, but it is highly unlikely that by the time you get in, you won't get a load of 00 buckshot in the belly or a magazine of 7.62x39 through the sheetrock walls.on

·
Banned
229 Posts
Totally ignorant...
You might notice that in my post, is stated that I “prefer” a long range bolt. That’s because I live in the country with flat, long range in every direction. I have plenty of tools for every different occasion, some of the tools you can’t imagine. In all your post, you try to appear as “The worlds foremost authority”....on every subject. Take a deep breath and FO.

BTW...I bought my Colt R6600, nib, back in 1991. It’s far superior to the knockoff AR you have. :D:
that might be true, but I'm a better hand with it than you are with anything, cause you waste time and money on bs.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Distance, darkness, and cover are all important factors, but beyond that, tactics is far more important than the platform, caliber, ballistics, or any other wanker-measuring debate topic. Most actual shooters understand the limitations of 5.56 and use tactics to work around those limitations. There will always be a better option, but without the actual training, application, tactics and physical conditioning, combat pontification debates are pretty pointless. Pontificate less, do more with whatever your favorite girl of the bunch. Even if your girl is ugly, tiny, or large, has a bigger hole, funky colors, or a weird shape, as long as she's reliable and you can do your part, I really don't think any of this drivel even matters.

ROCK6

1 - 20 of 168 Posts