Survivalist Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Over and Out
3,825 Posts
Resource crunch + effects of global warming + pollution and environmental collapse..
You've been doing So well, lately.. Then you have to up and go off the 'cliff of Klauss'...

...in the Club of Rome's limo.. :rolleyes:

jd

·
Desperta Ferro!
821 Posts
My Bible doesn't have flesh-eating zombies in it at all. Does yours?

Worst case scenario:
Jesus comes back to Earth and tells me I'm not good enough for Heaven.

Everything else? Meh. Who cares.

·
Born 120 years too late.
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I'LL bet
your bible doesn't have space travel and and the internet and the internal combustion engine and people with Haunta,ebola, HIV and such.. virus and and all sorts of other things that are not in it..
therefore does that mean they do not exist?

·
Wearing fur underwears...
2,806 Posts
Large caliber, more power initially, skull is like an egg---externally strong but pressure from the inside out and those skull sutures open up easily, like a jiffy pop. That's why you see skull sections broken apart at the sutures clinging to the skin/scalp.

True survivalist? Never claimed to be. But have said for just about the entire term of my membership under this user name and another going back to about '09 that there are things far worse than dying. Living in such a world described in all these wild scenarios, however unlikely, would be one such thing worse than dying.

I've seen a few truly horrible deaths. They've only reinforced to me that when my time comes, it comes, and I hope and pray I go out with peace and dignity. Clawing and killing and scraping for every scrap and moment of life like a dog--like a rat---in a gutter----no. My soul is worth more than that.

OP is right, you cannot ever prep enough. Think about it.... your house is stuffed to the ceiling with preps, and one day you'll still die.....of old age!!
If you are Christian you should know that taking your own life would doom your soul. The Lord, owner and master of your body and and soul says that action will have your name removed from the Book of Life.

Ultimately what you have to go through is in His hands for His purpose. Doesn't stop me from preparing, but at some point things may be beyond my control.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,709 Posts
My Bible doesn't have flesh-eating zombies in it at all. Does yours?

Worst case scenario:
Jesus comes back to Earth and tells me I'm not good enough for Heaven.

Everything else? Meh. Who cares.
I am not going to spend too much time looking up in the Bible about flesh eating zombies but it is possible to interpret a verse or two to support that such as this > "This shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the peoples that wage war against Jerusalem: their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths." What you just read is not fictional, but about real zombies according to Zechariah 14:12.

And the Gospel doesn't say that Jesus will tell people they are not good enough. Here are a couple verses about that. >
Psalm 14:1
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt; their acts are vile. There is no one who does good. And Romans 3:12
"All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."

Romans 1:16 "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes"

I'LL bet
your bible doesn't have space travel and and the internet and the internal combustion engine and people with Haunta,ebola, HIV and such.. virus and and all sorts of other things that are not in it..
taherefore does that mean they do not exist?
Many think that the book of Ezekiel in the Old Testament describes space ships, gyroscopes etc. such as this verse >
Ezekiel 1:16-21 (NIV)
"This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not turn about as the creatures went. Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around. When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose.
Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels."

Daniel 12:4 says, “But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase." (KJV)

Just sayin, believe what you wish....

·
Desperta Ferro!
821 Posts
Ok. Space aliens, plague, pestilence, famine and zombies.....what next?
The Mummy or The Day The Earth Stood Still giant robots?

At some point I just give up. I'm not equipped nor physically able to fight Alien Vs. Predator futuristic space battles, even on Earth. I'd be the guy who gets a few great kills in, then dies a horrible, painful death. The whole critter busting out of the chest cavity thing comes to mind. Or maybe an energy weapon blast to the chest.

Anyway, I get your point. There were some oddities in the Bible, puzzlements, if you will. It just reqires faith, I suppose...that of a mustard seed.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
It's possible you could walk out your door and get struck by lightning. I know. It happened to me. But I don't prepare to get struck by lightning or a meteor (which also happened in Alabama), or for an (extra-terrestrial) alien attack. I don't prepare for events so unlikely that I end up dying from a much more likely event because my resources were tied up in ridiculous stuff.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Ok. Space aliens, plague, pestilence, famine and zombies.....what next?
The Mummy or The Day The Earth Stood Still giant robots?

At some point I just give up. I'm not equipped nor physically able to fight Alien Vs. Predator futuristic space battles, even on Earth. I'd be the guy who gets a few great kills in, then dies a horrible, painful death. The whole critter busting out of the chest cavity thing comes to mind. Or maybe an energy weapon blast to the chest.

Anyway, I get your point. There were some oddities in the Bible, puzzlements, if you will. It just reqires faith, I suppose...that of a mustard seed.
I'm not all that religous, but the bible speaks truth. That's because it's authors were trying to pass on knowledge. Humanity has cycles. Civilizatioin rises and falls. It has happened over and over. At some point, population, wealth, and depravity cause it to destroy itself, and the survivors start from scratch. Humanity destroys itself far better than an asteroid collision ever could. We are seeing the beginning stages now. History does indeed repeat itself. Today's cities make Sodom and Gomorrah look like a Sunday school class.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you are Christian you should know that taking your own life would doom your soul. The Lord, owner and master of your body and and soul says that action will have your name removed from the Book of Life.

Ultimately what you have to go through is in His hands for His purpose. Doesn't stop me from preparing, but at some point things may be beyond my control.
What makes you think anyone's christian here?

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Gospel quoted, mention of souls, and God.

Pretty sure Mazarine is Christian, from some conversation.

I don't know everyone that is, but there are a few of us.
Sorry, I don't recall a bible quote earlier. It's been awhile since I read previous pages. I think I habitually skip posts with bible quotes on them, so I might have missed it.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts