Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Born 120 years too late.
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YOU SIMPLY cannot have prepped enough ..THE END GAME...

A BIBLICAL type plague slowly will sweep the planet. A rabies spin off is turning people into mindless attacking hoards of rampaging loonies, who are bent on attacking anything that moves. The infection can be spread by any contact with any infected bodily fluids. The result of infection is virtually the same as the zombie plagues of stage and screen.

There are going to be maybe a couple BILLION or more plague infested creatures running about. Some countries may even resort to nukes. And projections are so long as they can find food, whatever it may be they could live for years.

The result.. you will never have enough ammo saved to keep them at bay nor will you have enough food stored nor able to have the opportunity to plant and harvest your crops. You will need to have years behind an unbreechable compound and potentially millions of rounds of ammo...if they find you and the odds are great they will.

You will have maybe 2-3 months at best if you live in CONUS to do whatever you will need to do to survive past the extent of your present preps. THe plague will sweep in from across the Atlantic Ocean after it sweeps Asia and Europe, so you will have more time than those other nations. It may take a year before it gets to Tierra Del Fuego.

You CAN SAY..Why bother and decide to go out in a ball of flame and glory as you re-enact John Wayne in the last scene from THE ALAMO... or Capt. V.J. Dax of STARSHIP TROOPERS 2.

OR
try to make your BOL and preps last as planned and hope for the best

OR
have you actually prepped for the almost unthinkable?

What options are there to survive and continue a life during and then after the APOC.

THIS is an exercise in thinking beyond all your foreseen possibilities.
or,
how good are you thinking outside of your comfort zone?

hint..
my version is pretty drastic.

·
The Black Death
479 Posts
If as you say it is a biblical type plague I'll not survive it. Our home is not set up to supply purified HEPPA air nor do we have PPE for anything like that.

I looked in to buying HEPPA filters at the outset to COVID-19 for the forced air furnace and air conditioner, and I was warned that the life of the blower will probably be reduced because it is not a unit built to run HEPPA filters.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I’m sure it would take a long time for the zombies to get out to my place .
Not much for them to eat on the way here so they will be hungry .
I think it will be impossible to live long term in that scenario .
I’m sure I won’t be the first one to be zombie bate .

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Preparing for the worst-case scenario that is least likely to occur is an exercise in futility and an absolute waste of time, effort, and resources. As long as you have some preparations for the most likely threat-scenarios, you'll either adapt or succumb is the worst-case does happen. You'll likely die from worrying about the worst-case than ever living to see it.

That said, I think you should live a life of preparation and continual improvement (without totally sacrificing enjoyment from your life). Your preparations can always be better and will never be enough, but today should be better than yesterday...that's good enough for me.

ETA, all disasters have a life-span, you just need to survive beyond it, and I honestly don't think any disaster would last longer than 6-9 months to a season. Hunker down and the worst will blow over. Even the Black Plague's duration wasn't that long regionally. While not "zombies", a rabies-like infection, while scary sounding wouldn't likely last more than a month or two as people would simply start to death. Mother nature, seasons, weather, starvation, and poor sanitation will do an awful lot of cleansing in a very short period of time.

ROCK6

·
Born 120 years too late.
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THIS is NOT a "How do I/have I prepped for the unthinkable..."
as stated above that can take the enjoyment out of life...
this is an exercise in
THINKING...
when you realize..
"OK I realize my preps I have now will not be enough... so what do I do NOW in the time left to have me and mine survive?"

The answer (s) is/are out there...

Reactions: TENNGRIZZ

·
Bug-In Prepper
1,314 Posts
this is an exercise in
THINKING...
when you realize..
"OK I realize my preps I have now will not be enough... so what do I do NOW in the time left to have me and mine survive?"
Well, giving up is never the solution.

The alternative to giving up is to keep trying.

So .. I guess I'd take that option, cling to the hope that things aren't as bad as they might seem, and do what I can to keep my family alive.

Maybe the zombies will die from exposure to the elements and predation from animals? Maybe I won't have to hold off that many, at least not too long, out here in the boonies? Our roads are in such bad shape that maybe they'll all break their ankles in pot-holes on the way here, or fall into ditches and get caught in blackberry bramble ;-)

Not that I'd want to depend on blind luck, but in the end that's all we have in any situation: hope that between preps and luck we'll live to see another day.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have been through a lot of survival training in civilian life and the Navy, including post-nuclear attack survival. The #1 thing I learned through all that agrees with Selco Begovic's advice about surviving four years of SHTF in Bosnia, with criminal gangs roaming the streets day and night.

The main thing in any survival situation is a positive, flexible mental attitude. People with that are the ones who survive most often, regardless of scenario. It also helps to have skills and be resourceful. All that is in your head and no one can take it away from you. You can get separated from material preps, have them stolen or the ones you stored may be all wrong for the situation that occurs.

People think the mental stuff will just happen, that they can do any mental gymnastics the next guy can do. It is actually the hardest prep to develop and the hardest to keep sharp.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,188 Posts
Not planning on surviving something so drastic. Don't even want to survive it. What for?

No, death has been right here beside me for a long time now, and one day he'll reach out his bony hand and take mine, and away we'll go.

Really, death just isn't bothering me so much these days. It's like SNAP! and someone's gone. Exactly like that. Here one moment, gone the next.

I'd have better options elsewhere in eternity than on earth at that point.

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,968 Posts
Everyone remember 28 Days Later? When Major West says to Jim about the Rage infected Zed that he is holding in chains?

"He is teaching me. He's telling me he'll never bake bread, farm crops, raise livestock. He's telling me he's futureless. And eventually he'll tell me how long the infected take to starve to death."

THAT is the baseline of the problem. Outlast an infected, compromised (and compensating, thus sped up) metabolism that is eating the problem from within.

Two months, give or take.

And with the cost of ammo right now, it would be cheaper to just build a cinder block wall filled with concrete12 feet high around your house.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,709 Posts

A BIBLICAL type plague slowly will sweep the planet. A rabies spin off is turning people into mindless attacking hoards of rampaging loonies, who are bent on attacking anything that moves. The infection can be spread by any contact with any infected bodily fluids. The result of infection is virtually the same as the zombie plagues of stage and screen.

There are going to be maybe a couple BILLION or more plague infested creatures running about. Some countries may even resort to nukes. And projections are so long as they can find food, whatever it may be they could live for years.

The result.. you will never have enough ammo saved to keep them at bay nor will you have enough food stored nor able to have the opportunity to plant and harvest your crops. You will need to have years behind an unbreechable compound and potentially millions of rounds of ammo...if they find you and the odds are great they will.

You will have maybe 2-3 months at best if you live in CONUS to do whatever you will need to do to survive past the extent of your present preps. THe plague will sweep in from across the Atlantic Ocean after it sweeps Asia and Europe, so you will have more time than those other nations. It may take a year before it gets to Tierra Del Fuego.

OR

OR

What options are there to survive and continue a life during and then after the APOC.

or,

hint..
I am not going to spend a great deal of time and effort answering this but will try to be concise. I have thought of as many scenarios to prepare for as possible. I have tried to prepare for nuclear war and so if I am prepared for that then I very likely am prepared for about anything except extinction events such as a supernova of our Sun.

I mainly prepare to stay in a remote Rocky Mountain area = my WY mtn retreat - from around early June to late Nov. for at least 25 summers now, preparing, learning, extreme camping, all kinds of survival and Doing. IF I knew that a big SHTF or worse was coming within a few days or months then I would go all out and do whatever is needed to do but since not sure if that will ever happen I just take it slower and do what I can legally.

First of all, one should be as remote as possible and at least 100 miles from the nearest big city. I am over 250 miles from Denver the nearest big city and I truly doubt anyone from Denver or even CO would be able to come up to my mtn retreat much less find it. I would be cutting down as many large trees for a mile at least on my private road and keep that road closed to everyone IF I did know that some big bad event was coming. Plus much more which I just cannot tell about. This great survival info packed book and which I used when I built the main room of my bunker is what I would do more and more If I knew that it was necessary to do all that is told about and more in this book > www.oism.org/nwss

I have more than enough water - two good springs and more than enough food over a 2 year supply of food plus 25,000 or so vegetable seeds plus much more. I would also be doing all that I have learned since 1982 when I first became a survivalist. I would hope to have one or more good people join me and it is likely one or more will but will see hopefully.

For a bit of proof of how remote my mountain area is here is a fairly good photo. This 12,000 foot high mountain in the Snowy Range is beautiful but it is also what helps keep my mountain area pretty remote. And my mountain retreat is in the background at least 30 miles from where this photo was taken. The Continental Divide can be seen in the background of this pic and my land is one mile from the top of the Divide. My land is even more remote when there is from 2 to 12 feet of snowpack from Nov. to sometimes June. And there are very few people in this mountain area >

And If things became bad enough then I and hopefully one or two or possibly a few others would stay behind this very strong black steel door which has locks and a strong steel bar to bar the door. There is a back trap door also which may be bolted shut. I still must move one or two years worth of food and some barrels of water plus finish a water pipe from my underground shelter / bunker to the nearby spring

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts

You CAN SAY..Why bother and decide to go out in a ball of flame and glory as you re-enact John Wayne in the last scene from THE ALAMO... or Capt. V.J. Dax of STARSHIP TROOPERS 2.

OR

OR

or,

hint..
to quote you = " There are going to be maybe a couple BILLION or more plague infested creatures running about. Some countries may even resort to nukes. And projections are so long as they can find food, whatever it may be they could live for years.".

I am very poor at math,but America has approx 320 million,add a few hundred million more for Canada & the southern countries.

I see that after the military and prepped peeps take care of the first few hundred million.

Americans will not have to take on really large hordes of 'Z's.

A few K rounds of ANY caliber [ .22,32,380,9mm.38.44,45,223,5.45x39,7.62x 39/51/54,30-30, ] should suffice if you take care to miss as seldom as required.

And I dare say that all [ I would bet ] on here have at the very least that much !.

But if the good Lord needs to clear the deck,and is looking forward to my company and advise on calibers etc = send me home !.

·
Banned
9,921 Posts
I have prepped from day one for the 'zombies'.

Maybe their all billons of them. But a billion of them are not going to show up at MY doorstep.

I understand the premise of 'thinking outside your comfort zone' but zombies are well within my comfort zone.

Honestly, I fear rising property taxes WAY more than I do zombies. My biggest fear, and the thing most outside of my comfort zone is the idea that the independent rural way of life may become essentially 'illegal' for all but the rich and I will end up living out my days in an Amazon internment camp.

"He is teaching me. He's telling me he'll never bake bread, farm crops, raise livestock. He's telling me he's futureless. And eventually he'll tell me how long the infected take to starve to death."
Yep. Love that quote.

Its why I don't have all the anti-preppers here on my ignore list. We have a lot to learn from them. Mainly, how long it will take them to starve to death.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,709 Posts
I have prepped from day one for the 'zombies'.

Maybe their all billons of them. But a billion of them are not going to show up at MY doorstep.

I understand the premise of 'thinking outside your comfort zone' but zombies are well within my comfort zone.

Honestly, I fear rising property taxes WAY more than I do zombies. My biggest fear, and the thing most outside of my comfort zone is the idea that the independent rural way of life may become essentially 'illegal' for all but the rich and I will end up living out my days in an Amazon internment camp.

Yep. Love that quote.

Its why I don't have all the anti-preppers here on my ignore list. We have a lot to learn from them. Mainly, how long it will take them to starve to death.

I am going to do all that I can to Not ever become a resident in any kind of internment camp / prison etc etc. I don't believe in zombies and the movies I have seen are ridiculous but I won't completely disregard the possibility. Maybe "zombie" is the new term for "sheeple" ??

·
Banned
9,921 Posts
Maybe "zombie" is the new term for "sheeple" ??
Nothing new about it. Before it became acceptable to just say 'liberal' or 'fascist' online 'zombie' was how people on both sides of politics where able to have conversations with each other without bringing up politics. Everyone just called the threat 'zombies' instead of saying what they really meant.

Back in the kinder, gentler internet of the 2000's.;)

And as a person who bears scars from a bitting attack by a crazed human I really don't find zombie movies all that hard to believe. All you need for 28 days later to happen is to shut off the supply of anti-depressants.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,709 Posts
Nothing new about it. Before it became acceptable to just say 'liberal' or 'fascist' online 'zombie' was how people on both sides of politics where able to have conversations with each other without bringing up politics. Everyone just called the threat 'zombies' instead of saying what they really meant.

Back in the kinder, gentler internet of the 2000's.;)

And as a person who bears scars from a biting attack by a crazed human I really don't find zombie movies all that hard to believe. All you need for 28 days later to happen is to shut off the supply of anti-depressants.
I am hoping that zombie will replace the word sheeple. I never liked that term sheeple and it makes real life sheep seem bad. Maybe zombie will not be as offensive and some may even hope to become a zombie someday since they will likely be too scared to face or prepare for any future terrible events. As long as I am in my mtn area I will not fear much especially any zombies which Wyoming likely will have open season on those kinds of critters

1 - 20 of 131 Posts