Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lets say for some reason, you wound up having to kill somebody. Maybe he was threatening your family, whatever, lets just say you felt justified in doing it during a shtf situation. You can't be sure if you will be in trouble for this, you don't know what the "authorities" will do if they are ever restored and discover what you've done. Alternatively, if chaos remains, you could be subject to retaliation and unnecessary revenge attacks from this persons family/friends if you don't do something to hide your actions.

Question is, what do you do? Do you hide the body? How? Do you come clean? Do you strew his remains about your property/fort/hideout so as to discourage others from coming close? Are you a pervert and you eat the remains? Do tell.

·
I hear the bagpipes
279 Posts
Here in Florida it would certainly be a stinky situation if you let them just lay there. If there is no functioning authority, I'd need move the body to somehwere where it won't stink up the kitchen. Authorities here are pretty good about self defense though, I really never hear of anyone down here being prosocuted for a self defense shooting. I know they can harrass you etc aftewards, but all I ever hear is that "no charges are expected to be filed". We have pretty good self defense laws here. Looters can be shot, and they do not need to actually be inside of your home or business. To use deadly force against them, they have to be committing a "forceable felony" which includes robbery or burglery. Use some common sense, if they are a drunk 85lb 14 year old one legged blind kid with a plastic water gun, you need to hold off. If they are a viable felon, and you fire in order to stop or prevent the forceable felony, chances are you're ok.

Or, you could hang him from the lamp post at the entrance to your developement as a warning to the rest of them! Just an alternate suggestion.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Move to Texas. We have the Castle Doctrine here. You have the right to protect yourself, your property, your neighbor and his property under Texas law. I am not saying any of us wants to shoot someone but here Texans got tired of the BS and the bad guys are making themselves targets when they try to break in or steal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Move to Texas. We have the Castle Doctrine here. You have the right to protect yourself, your property, your neighbor and his property under Texas law. I am not saying any of us wants to shoot someone but here Texans got tired of the BS and the bad guys are making themselves targets when they try to break in or steal.
I love texas. I just wish it wasnt under seige by illegals. Then again, so is my state... california. Difference is, you guys seem to be able to actually do something to protect your property... lucky.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hear in ohio they just passed it took affect this month, Florida also has had it, not sure where else

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
Hear in ohio they just passed it took affect this month, Florida also has had it, not sure where else
Florida has had it for years, they just recently put a name to it. Whatever you decide to do STFU about it.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=22385

Great video from a guy in the know about the subject of self defense use of force. I'm sure the idea of SHTF is slightly different but the moral of the story is the same. After you down a bad guy/dirt bag/scum sucker, STFU about it. If you bury him in the back yard then cool but keep your mouth shut about it. Its when people put their own foot in their mouth that things get hairy.

·
Banned
569 Posts
There's so many bad guys in Texas, they need a law to protect each other from being responsible for shooting each other. How cool is that.

·
Registered
589 Posts
There were numerous shootings in New Orleans during Katrina. I don't seem to recall any news of prosecutions making any headlines. Authorities cleaned up the debris and dead bodies and continued on with their work.

Burying the body and not talking about it is a sound idea, until it is accidently discovered several years later if/when everything gets back to normal. Authorities will be wondering how that dead body with indications of gun shot wounds got planted in your back yard. Make sure you bury the sucker in someone else's yard!

·
Guardian of Liberty
435 Posts
whats happened in the past

In Florida during the hurricanes the police call ALL the shooting deaths hurricane related. It makes for less work on their part. That is one reason you see the body count climb constantly during a natural disaster.

·
American fearmaker
14,249 Posts
Dump the body in a small town's sewage treatment pond. By the time the body surfaces, there will be more foreign DNA all over it making it impossible to tell who really did kill the dirtbag... You've got also keep mind that there aren't too many "professional sewage pond skin divers" either. Those guys are kind of few and far between.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts