1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if both were the same price would you pick
1. a glock 23 ( 40 cal. )or
2. a Kimber pro carry (45 cal )
I have someone that wants to trade his kimber for my glock I have to give him some money but i just want to know the better gun

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Trading would not be the end of the world, but if it was, you'd want the Glock, by your side.

Kimbers have there problems, too. I have read their frames are not set up to take 1000's of rounds.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
I like the Kimber, 1000 rounds and nothing rattles. But the Glock has a higher capacity, but the Kimber is prettier, but the Glock is used by most cops, but the 1911 design was used by the military, but, but, but ...

Damn, buy them both. Can't have too many guns.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
First off, I'm in favor of the 1911, but I question why he want's to get rid of it. I have no issues with mine: limpwristed, loading an empty shell, wadcutters, >230gr bullets, etc. I've put my first 500 rounds through mine and I'm quite happy with it. I just don't see why you'd trade at least a $900 gun for a $500 one. Maybe he don't like it and thinks he's doing a favor, but your best bet is to try it and see if you like it first. Only you can decide.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
I'd go with Kimber. Its a great pistol and has a bit of class to it.

Reactions: Paulycracker

·
Registered
67 Posts
Kimber by far. They don't blow up in your hands. Kimbers come with a safe barrel, you don't have to buy one to make it safe. My son's Kimber Eclipse has been putting out the rounds quite well for about four years now and that former Marine is not gentle with his weapons. No problems at all except for one bad magazine and not the fault of the handgun.

·
All around gun nut
202 Posts
Hard Choice... I am a Cert. pistol instructor and an IPSC shooter. My glock 19 has had more than 8K rounds thru it. Love that gun. Alway bring it out when teaching someome whos 40SW was kicking the s**t out of them. Not a great a caliber to learn the basics of shooting with.. It can be done.. But 40s to seem to have alot of recoil for new shooters. I have personal seen a Glock 40 go kaboom! Th owner said he had over 11K thru that one tho. My Kimber is my game gun.. (IPSC) a classic custom target..This gun has more than 10K rds. thru it!!! The only thing I have replaced.. Recoil springs!! Still as tight as when I bought it! Like I said hard choice.. Save up get both. I would recommend either to anyone!
By the way cz75tac.... What is a "safe barrel" ???

·
Pastor
1,965 Posts
Since I have two Glocks, and I assume the Kimber is free, I'll take a Kimber :)
Eclipse II in .45 ACP thank you.

Reactions: Paulycracker

·
Registered
20 Posts
Depends on your intended purpose with the gun and what you already own. Kimber and Colt are the gun you show your friends. Sig and Glock are the guns you show your enimies.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts