Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what is funny..?

The other day as a joke I posted a Grab your bag, guns and fire up your BOV… And I got slammed by some people for that post. Also this post was brought into another different post Which I thought was funny…

But I think it did raise a good question, I guess it is true there is some good in everything if you look hard enough…

What I mean by that is the ridicule I got on that post and since then a few more folks posted similar postings only to be for lack of a better word, teased…

So the question is what IF it was time to go and you sat and thought, No not yet, still food at the store, no tanks on the streets yet (as was a reply), etc…

If you wait until that point in time, I would have to say you are too late… Sorry but being ex military and blackwater I can tell you that nothing anyone has talked about on here is going to stop an M1A1 ABRAMS tank…

Now to make sure I don’t get “attacked and asked to leave these boards forever” like I was last night, I am not making fun or the situation or anyone on here I am just asking that if we sit and think “Not yet because “fill-in-the-blank” it might already be to late… I am also saying right now may not the time to run but there has to be a middle ground somewhere between “paranoid and dead”…

Again this is just a thought / question that is all…

I will also say I am sorry in advance if this upsets anyone on these boards…

“Gunner”

Reactions: Smudge

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Where would said tanks come from? An invading army? OK- we'd have some notice on that one of a pending invasion.

Our own military? ... Might be time to bug out, might not be.

One really can't assess the scenario until one is living it and seeing ALL of the information one has available based on the specific situation.

Rumors of an economic collapse aren't enough for most people to bug out- unless they can get to their jobs from said bug out location. An economic crisis is NOT the time to lose your job by being a no-show based on speculation and fear...

Yes- there IS a happy middle ground between paranoid and dead. Right now with the 'wait and see' mindset is it. MHO.

I don't know that your post was upsetting so much as it was like "Shush- we're tryin to watch the game here!" ;) That and one person starting the panic can lead to a landslide and most people want to avoid that, not fuel the fire. :)

You know what is funny..?

The other day as a joke I posted a Grab your bag, guns and fire up your BOV… And I got slammed by some people for that post. Also this post was brought into another different post Which I thought was funny…

But I think it did raise a good question, I guess it is true there is some good in everything if you look hard enough…

What I mean by that is the ridicule I got on that post and since then a few more folks posted similar postings only to be for lack of a better word, teased…

So the question is what IF it was time to go and you sat and thought, No not yet, still food at the store, no tanks on the streets yet (as was a reply), etc…

If you wait until that point in time, I would have to say you are too late… Sorry but being ex military and blackwater I can tell you that nothing anyone has talked about on here is going to stop an M1A1 ABRAMS tank…

Now to make sure I don’t get “attacked and asked to leave these boards forever” like I was last night, I am not making fun or the situation or anyone on here I am just asking that if we sit and think “Not yet because “fill-in-the-blank” it might already be to late… I am also saying right now may not the time to run but there has to be a middle ground somewhere between “paranoid and dead”…

Again this is just a thought / question that is all…

I will also say I am sorry in advance if this upsets anyone on these boards…

“Gunner”

·
Registered
401 Posts
Gunner,

I saw your post. I posted, "I'm going to get ice cream" on one of them, maybe yours.

My intent was to say, "hell, I don't know. Could be. I give up. I'm going to get ice cream." It might have set the tone for more outright "teasing".

Anyway, I agree with your premise that by the time we "see" tshtf, it will be too late.

For me, I'll have to be the last one of the preppers out. I depend on my job and can't afford to be wrong. Bugging out in anticipation just isn't in the cards for me right now.

I need more overt signs that the fan is on and the shyt is flying. I hear there's a run on banks, a sizeable terrorist attack on our soil, that marshall law is being considered, then I'll being grabbing the GHB.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
IMHO, when to bug out is a personal choice. Trust your own judgement and let everyone else do the same. Only time will tell who was right. It should also be said that there's not much harm in bugging out too early but doing it too late could cost you and your family your lives.

My personal "line in the sand" is when things start to get "active" for lack of a better word.

·
Thread Killer
781 Posts
The little boy who cried wolf comes to mind. You may have meant it as a joke and thought it was funny, IMO it was an immature trollish OP. Some of the guys razzed you about it and now you start yet another thread with no substance talking about the other thread that got beat down. There are so many new people (seems a lot of them are ex-military and blackwater too) discovering this board every day and when you first start opening your eyes, it's a little overwhelming. These new people could very easily take anything they see on here as cold hard fact and do something they aren't ready to do yet, after all it is on the interweb, it must be true.

BTW, Is it possible for you to use regular text like everyone else, might help with people taking your posts seriously.

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
We have been slowly working toward this in the last couple years and the last year got more serious and have for all intent purposes "bugged out" although we are bugging in. For us and our personal comfort level we imposed our stage one plans a few weeks ago. I want to be full well comfortable with each step of whatever is ahead no matter what and this seemed the most logical way to do it is actually live it now. Not that we had other plans anyway as our eventual plan has always been to back out of society , the grid and be as self sustaining as possible anyway
Not sure if you posted it elsewhere but just curious to know what your stages of bugging in entail? You guys seem so self sufficient already.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The little boy who cried wolf comes to mind. You may have meant it as a joke and thought it was funny, IMO it was an immature trollish OP. Some of the guys razzed you about it and now you start yet another thread with no substance talking about the other thread that got beat down. There are so many new people (seems a lot of them are ex-military and blackwater too) discovering this board every day and when you first start opening your eyes, it's a little overwhelming. These new people could very easily take anything they see on here as cold hard fact and do something they aren't ready to do yet, after all it is on the interweb, it must be true.

BTW, Is it possible for you to use regular text like everyone else, might help with people taking your posts seriously.
this site is a blackwater military magnet for a lot of computer Rambos;)

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my DD214 pal... Got my black hat in 1997...
'nough said...

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HAHAHAHA that is great...

·
Registered
694 Posts
I sit and wonder if when I am out on the road will my family bug out? I know that with the current situation with the economy I say the Abrams come from the local Army depots.

·
Registered
154 Posts
IMHO, when to bug out is a personal choice. Trust your own judgement and let everyone else do the same. Only time will tell who was right. It should also be said that there's not much harm in bugging out too early but doing it too late could cost you and your family your lives.

My personal "line in the sand" is when things start to get "active" for lack of a better word.

I think people go into denial when it comes to bad things. Hurricane Ike was aimed straight for us, so with all of the storms that were going to hit us and never did, people became complacent. With something like marshall law, people will deny it until it happens. Their thinking is..this is America...it will never happen here, never has haapened never will. America survived a depression, and it didn't last long with noone doing little about it. So that doesn't bug me out so much.

·
Just use a 2x4
822 Posts
We're bugging in here, so it's a matter of when NOT to go to work.

And I'm not sure.... certainly when I think I might not be able to get home easily.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's right! You can neither stop my Abrams nor save yourself from it. Sorry, just had to throw that in there because I love tanks.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I can tell you that nothing anyone has talked about on here is going to stop an M1A1 ABRAMS tank…
Socks filled with explosives then dipped in tar and you run up next to the tank as it drives past an alleyway you are hiding in and stick your bomb on the treads to blow the treads off duhhhhhh lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's a mobility kill. True, if you can get close enough. There's still a high chance that the bomb won't blow the track off. Then, you are still gonna get waxed. The infantry's job is to make sure you don't get that close.

That particular tank returned to the base with no damage to speak of (and those were 155s under it).

·
1,794 Posts
I'm a contrarian. When everyone bugs out that is my sign that it is not the right time to do so. People, in general, have the uncanny ability to be wrong most of the time so I do the opposite of whatever the crowd is doing. It has served me well. In the meantime, I'm bugging in. No point in becoming a refugee with a pack if other options are available. The tank gets what the tank wants but the crew has to come out of it sometime. I am patient.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts