Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
While Krugman is a stooge, at least he's consistent. He's obviously saying we need a war to unite people behind the government and allow private austerity measures while the government directs where resources should go in our economy. He has to say space aliens, because if he said Iran, then people would misconstrue that even more.

What I find most interesting (actually an inconsistency) is that most Keynesians believe they can accomplish everything without a war. I can only figure (because he says it later) that he believes the problem is private consumer debt, thus a need for private (not government) austerity measures. I think this implication coming from the Mouth Of Sau...Obama should scare us all. The government is not going to have government austerity, it's going to be private austerity. That means ration cards and strategic resources that are off limits for private purchase.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
While Krugman is a stooge, at least he's consistent. He's obviously saying we need a war to unite people behind the government..........
Uh, golly gee! I thought we were currently involved in three of them. We ought to be united so tight together we squeak when we move!:D:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts