Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that Eric Holder thinks that minority groups are once again being denied home loans. (Haven't we been down this road before?) So in order to help those with low income and poor credit, Holder is asking banks to make home loan requirements easier. This would include, assistance with downpayments and special financing. Also, minorities would be allowed to use, welfare, foodstamps, housing subsidies and unemployment as their income.

Now call me crazy, but, if you can use welfare, foodstamps and housing subsidies as your income, aren't we the taxpayers buying you a home? Also, if you have no skin in the game, downpayment, a real job with a real income, what incentive do you have to take care of your investment?

It just keeps getting crazier.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=577794&p=1

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
This administration is the most racist, divisive one in the history of this country .... and it's not even close.

Just imagine what the outcry would be if Obama and Holder were white favoring Appalachian "poor" underserved poverty stricken folks instead.

Disgraceful behavior, probably illegal and the MSM looks the other way whistling and desperately searching for the next smear piece on Bachmann or Palin.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
I thought we already established that giving loans to people who can't afford them is a mafia tactic, not, repeat NOT, doing them a "favor". Giving them title, free-and-clear, would be a favor. Giving them loans is only a favor to the banks and the repo industries.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eric Holder is of the opinion that you cannot have discrimination against those of caucasian decent. This was bore out in the "New Black Panthers" voter intimidation case. Not trying to put words in Guyfrost's mouth but that is what I would guess.

·
Gold Member
328 Posts
This used to be known as "redlining", and was used as the original excuse to create the house of cards that was the housing market that just collapsed.

I think this article proves that "they" (those that propose this crap) really think that every person can "have" a home, regardless of income or history of successfully repaying loans. Or, the first go-around didn't completely collapse the US economy as intended, so they have to try again. Which is more plausible?

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
This used to be known as "redlining", and was used as the original excuse to create the house of cards that was the housing market that just collapsed.

I think this article proves that "they" (those that propose this crap) really think that every person can "have" a home, regardless of income or history of successfully repaying loans. Or, the first go-around didn't completely collapse the US economy as intended, so they have to try again. Which is more plausible?
I vote option B

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Basiclly what he is saying is that the minority's have to have help because they are smart enough & capable of holding a job to save money fro a down payment.

So we make it for them free gratis
I didn't realize they cared so much about people having homes. I have two seperate family members who were loseing their homes & they each applied for EVERY form of assistance there was. In every case they were turned down.

They both ended up losing their homes so I guess they were turned down bacause it was determined that they weren't loseing their homes badly enough. :upsidedown:

·
Remember The Alamo
4,570 Posts
I didn't realize they cared so much about people having homes. I have two seperate family members who were loseing their homes & they each applied for EVERY form of assistance there was. In every case they were turned down.

They both ended up losing their homes so I guess they were turned down bacause it was determined that they weren't loseing their homes badly enough. :upsidedown:

Where they minority's ??
If not that tells you why they didn't get any help

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Eric Holder is of the opinion that you cannot have discrimination against those of caucasian decent. This was bore out in the "New Black Panthers" voter intimidation case. Not trying to put words in Guyfrost's mouth but that is what I would guess.
I lived right outside of Philly in 08 when that deal went down and there was plenty of noise from the suburban papers and to be fair even the liberal Inquirer but it died down plenty quick.

Holder DID say they were "my people" .... I guess anyone caucasian doesn't get any protection or rights in his mind.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I thought we already established that giving loans to people who can't afford them is a mafia tactic, not, repeat NOT, doing them a "favor". Giving them title, free-and-clear, would be a favor. Giving them loans is only a favor to the banks and the repo industries.
You could "give" them title free and clear and within six months the home would be HELOC'ed right back into the crapper. There'd be iphones, 55 in flatscreens, and 28 in "rims" on financed '02 Expeditions or Escalades. And then when the "racist, horrible, theiving, phrase of the day" bank comes to foreclose more accusations of racism and discrimination will be the order of the day.

Want proof?

Google up the Extreme Home Makeover folks two years out and see how many have been foreclosed on because of EXACTLY that premise.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Google up the Extreme Home Makeover folks two years out and see how many have been foreclosed on because of EXACTLY that premise.
yeah, same with those HGTV dream home giveaways. Most of those had to be sold because the winner couldn't afford to keep them (tax burden). I think they changed it now to include a cash prize along with the home that will basically cover the taxes on the winnings.

·
CTP
1,715 Posts
Ahhhh ... that's not gonna work. After you acquire a certain $$ amount of assets they kick you off the programs ... OMGosh then if you want to keep your house you are gonna have to get a job ...

Hey ... wait a minute ... :)
My thoughts exactly.

BTW, haven't noticed you on SB in the past. I recognize you from OSA Forum. You always have great insight and make for the occasional Funnnnay.:thumb: Oh, and I am Parks 788 on the OSA forum. Not a big contributor there but a great forum nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts