Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and dress out in something tactical or grab your bag and go in whats on your back?

Me, I'm building two categories of bug out bag:

1. Civillian: Your basic backpack/72 hour kit for short duration emergencies (though I'll still have my pistol and extra mags)

2. Millitary: For when you got to get out for a LONG TIME maybe permently. This will consist of a tactical vest with back-up supplies and an ALICE with "everything" this will be AK based.

Which brings up another point, when your bugging out do you WANT to look millitary? Or do you want to look like a hiker/camper thusly less threatening?

Slàinte mhath
-rob

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I'd bring tactical gear in the BOB, but bugging out from suburbia with manthing and two kids? We'd look horribly conspicuous in tactical gear *chuckle*

and dress out in something tactical or grab your bag and go in whats on your back?

Me, I'm building two categories of bug out bag:

1. Civillian: Your basic backpack/72 hour kit for short duration emergencies (though I'll still have my pistol and extra mags)

2. Millitary: For when you got to get out for a LONG TIME maybe permently. This will consist of a tactical vest with back-up supplies and an ALICE with "everything" this will be AK based.

Which brings up another point, when your bugging out do you WANT to look millitary? Or do you want to look like a hiker/camper thusly less threatening?

Slàinte mhath
-rob

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Hiker camper.

I want the cop at the checkpoint down the road to think of me as another yuppie sheeple. The only reason I would break out my camo is to hit the woods. If I go that route, I will be a ghost and NO ONE will see me.

Shoot I even thought about wearing a Save the Whales TShirt to look more the part.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you're dressed in BDUs, you're going to stick out like a soar thumb in most circumstances unless you are actively trying not to be seen. And if you are actively trying not to be seen - if you're still seen... you're really going to stick out! Being dressed out in fatigues says alot about you that you may not want others to know.

Personally, I'd go with solid-color khaki or olive drab BDUs of good quality for leggings, and something 'earthy' and equally durable up top. Something that could easily be 'camoflauged' with a little supplemention, but that would look 'normal' as is, and provide the flexibility & ease of movement BDUs provide.

·
V
21,713 Posts
IMHO the last thing you want to look is "military" for so many reasons I cant even begin to list them. But my point of view on that topic is long documented :thumb:

End of the day each to thier own and scenario/ event.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMHO the last thing you want to look is "military" for so many reasons I cant even begin to list them. But my point of view on that topic is long documented :thumb:

End of the day each to thier own and scenario/ event.
If it's raining that nice BRIGHT yellow slicker will come in handy.....to make you look like everyone else and conceal what your carrying.

·
Registered
774 Posts
My BOB is actually two bags. I have an ALICE for all my gear and supplies, and inside my old sea bag I have appropriate clothing to change into whenever I get a chance.

·
The end is near.
1,376 Posts
Hiker camper.

Shoot I even thought about wearing a Save the Whales TShirt to look more the part.
Darn, that's asking a lot. But I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. Maybe we should all hug a tree for good luck before we bug out.:xeye:

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
I dress neutral, not camo but in earthy shades brown or green, that way I dont stand out in any environment, neither do I look like some militant.
Camo is ready if I need it though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts