Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve read quite a few of the “What’s In Your BOB,” threads, but there seems to be on thing missing in almost all of them: a weapons (rifle/pistol) cleaning kit. People talk a lot about how many guns they are going to carry out, or how much ammo they are taking, but not much on how they will maintain their weapons. When TSHTF, and you decide to bug out, you are going to be out in the bush for a while. Anyone who has spent extended time in the field knows all your gear gets mucked up very quickly, and if you are shooting a lot, it will especially mess up your weapon. The solution is a lightweight cleaning kit consisting of the bare essentials. My pack kit is made of a green plastic military flare tube. It has a screw on cap with an o-ring on it, so it is nominally waterproof. I keep a set of cleaning rods, chamber and bore brush, a dental pick, a toothbrush, a small bottle of CLP, and a handkerchief for a cleaning rag. This is the same kit I take when I deploy or go out to field exercises (I’m an US Army infantry officer). To save weight, you can replace the rods and bore & chamber brush with a bore snake. I like rods simply because they have multiple uses, like tapping out stuck brass.

·
Forum Administrator
16,782 Posts
Gun cleaning kit has nothing to do with hiking and camping, moved to another section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts