Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Observer
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am still in the primary stages of prepping, how do you guys pack heavy use items, e.g. SAK, Multitool, Flashlight, in your BOB or do you have it in a separate pouch or MOLLE case etc?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Simple,
the more you use the item or the more important access is- the better the access itself.
I prefer a belt or a vest. simply grab and go.
Backpacks are for secondary items.

·
Barbaric and dishonorable
747 Posts
Just like Weasel said you need to keep these items either on your person or in the most accessible places possible. I also believe in having a small pack attached to the main pack with a small low weight "holy sh*t kit" in case I have to dump the heavy weight and make like a bread truck. Also in the main compartment try to organize it so you can take out secondary items without taking anything else out. You would hate for something necessary to get lost because you packed all of your dry socks on the bottom and had to pull everything out to get them. Also memorize where everything is inside of the pack so that you can find things in the dark without light. Don't forget to make sure that you pack the weight evenly or your body will hate you for it.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
My answer is for a get home bag and not a BoB - I keep a couple of items - extras really - in the door of my truck so I can use as needed but throw them in my ghb if im walking home

·
Born to prep
3,653 Posts
As I am still in the primary stages of prepping, how do you guys pack heavy use items, e.g. SAK, Multitool, Flashlight, in your BOB or do you have it in a separate pouch or MOLLE case etc?
Go to the mission mart and pick out yourself purse with a shoulder strap, all of those little pockets inside work great for carrying small stuff in.

·
El Cazador
389 Posts
I would also keep the multi-tool on my belt with my knife. As for any other high-use item, I keep them in the front pocket where they're the easiest to access.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts