Survivalist Forum banner
41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Off the leash
3,011 Posts
We just watched the latest episode last night and it was the best one of the season so far I think. At least Jamie and Casey's wife and son were on it. Hopefully it stays better.

·
Off the leash
3,011 Posts
I do agree that they could do without Taylor Sheridan. He is a jerk and the show doesn't need any more of those. And if I want to watch someone do tricks on horses, I'll watch a rodeo.

·
Registered
33,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Got 5 now and 3 are the 30-30 versions.

One is a Henry in .44 mag

The other 'lever gun' is a Savage in .308.
Got a Henry two years ago. LOL...I'm afraid to use it and put a scratch on it. It's so pretty, I just
sit and wipe it off. My favorite rifle. I have plenty others for the woods though.

·
Swift Justice = 2950fps
11,210 Posts
I never watched it before this seasons opener.
I watched the first episode of season 1 when it first aired, then stopped watching. I began buying the dvd’s each season and binge watching. The story is pretty intense when it’s not interrupted by 1 week gaps between episodes.

17,348 Posts
It would be really hard to believe that if he leaves they would "Train-Station" him. That would really be hard to accept.
The brand is the mafia equivalent to being 'made'.

Not everyone who has left the ranch has been train stationed. Kacey wears the brand, and he let Walker go when he wanted to leave. Wade wore the brand until he returned and caused his problems...when it was subsequently cut out by Walker.

Lloyd has been around for a while and has seen everything. If he was deemed unreliable or untrustworthy, as he is beginning to now, he might face the end.

I suspect that Rip wears the brand, but the show has never shown his chest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I told the wife that Rip lost control when he beat up Lloyd. That was ****ed up on his part.
I did not know until now that Taylor Sheridan is Travis. Travis is a **** who needs a good ass whipping. Who gives a damn if he can make a horse go in circles. That scene is getting pretty old.

I think the show is gonna take off here in the next episode. Something big is brewing.
I think the authentic ranching folks want to see realistic scenes, with true cattle/western equestrian information portrayed. John alluded to The King Ranch, and how all those high dollar horses he was looking at had decendeded/were bred from those original quarter horses. He wants The Yellowstone to have the same reputation as The King Ranch, which was arguably the most note worthy ranch in the country. I guess what I'm saying is, us ranchers/working horse people want authenticity! 😁 Taylor is providing that.... I'm sure it will swing back to the Hollywood stuff soon.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
14,399 Posts
Darn how have I missed this thread. I didn't think anyone was interested. I'm sure it will get better as the season goes on. And someone commented on the ranch that Jimmy went to was the 3 Sixes. Wrong, it's the 4 Sixes. And I agree that I think Jamie will take Garrett out. His loyalty to his Dutton family will win out in the end, I hope any way and I happen to like the show horses. I agree that Taylor Sheridan's Travis is a jackass but he's good at playing 1. Everybody hates him, LOL.

Lloyd is my favorite of the bunch and he's messed up over the barrel racer and is thinking with something else instead of his brain. I for 1 do not like women in the bunkhouse. Screws all the men up but I can't help but like Teeter. I get a kick out of her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And nothing was done to Walker, just a push??? Where's the "code"??? That's why it makes no sense.

No questions, nothing. Walker started the whole thing. With Lloyd's long association (30 years) he
deserved the benefit of the doubt where Walker is a newby.

The whole didn't sit well with me and was out of context with the levels of loyalities the show prides
itself on.

I know you are right....but it sucked on all levels

Well...I get your point(s) and they are good ones!

At the very least Walker should have got his handed to him as well rather than a pass. I do believe
Walker started the fight, he has been poking Lloyd for a while and rubbing it in. Walker was really
pushing it with that bowl of son-of-a-bitc*

Oh well.....can't wait for 1883 next Month!!!

Hope they get rid of Monica.

It's my understanding that Taylor is a big fan of Ryan's music, and that's how he ended up be written back into the show....that and Kacey's big heart! ❤
As someone who grew up with horses, reigning isn't something that just anyone...or any horse for that matter...can master.

Agreed! There is not ONE thing simple about, reining, cutting or working cow horses. They are trying to bring authenticity.

I for one approve.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
14,399 Posts
I don't know how true it is but there are rumors that Walker will be joining Jimmy at the 4 Sixes. The 4 Sixes is supposed to be a spin off of Yellowstone and have it's own show so for those of yall who don't like all the show horse stuff just hang in there. There won't be as much later on when that happens, supposedly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know how true it is but there are rumors that Walker will be joining Jimmy at the 4 Sixes. The 4 Sixes is supposed to be a spin off of Yellowstone and have it's own show so for those of yall who don't like all the show horse stuff just hang in there. There won't be as much later on when that happens, supposedly.

Yes, that's the story with regards to The 6666. They filmed a lot this summer near my place outside Weatherford, in Fort Worth, Granbury and many of the surrounding towns. It was GREATNESS!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think the authentic ranching folks want to see realistic scenes, with true cattle/western equestrian information portrayed. John alluded to The King Ranch, and how all those high dollar horses he was looking at had decendeded/were bred from those original quarter horses. He wants The Yellowstone to have the same reputation as The King Ranch, which was arguably the most note worthy ranch in the country. I guess what I'm saying is, us ranchers/working horse people want authenticity! 😁 Taylor is providing that.... I'm sure it will swing back to the Hollywood stuff soon.
I'm all about authenticity, but it seems like we get 2-3 scenes per show of Travis making the horses dizzy. I don't have too much experience with horses, but I do like seeing some of the ranching stuff, but the roundy round with them every show is getting a bit old.

·
Registered
33,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Okay, we didn't learn much more Sunday night!

Here's a wild crazy guess, don't hate me. But I think John and the new character Summer (crazy activist) could have a love affair. If you notice the governor hasn't made an appearance this season so I expect a new love interest for John.

Sorry but Rip's behavior with Lloyd is still a great mystery that makes no sense. I was a huge Rip fan but now he's coming off as a heartless jerk to his soon-to-be best man at his wedding.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay, we didn't learn much more Sunday night!

Here's a wild crazy guess, don't hate me. But I think John and the new character Summer (crazy activist) could have a love affair. If you notice the governor hasn't made an appearance this season so I expect a new love interest for John.

Sorry but Rip's behavior with Lloyd is still a great mystery that makes no sense. I was a huge Rip fan but now he's coming off as a heartless jerk to his soon-to-be best man at his wedding.
I'm still perplexed by how Rip is acting towards Lloyd, and you can easily see that Lloyd is very conflicted right now. I have a feeling he will take "boy" under his wing now to have a greater purpose on the ranch. I also would not be surprised if Lloyd does something drastic if he keeps getting **** on by Rip much longer, like pull a gun on either Rip or Walker.

41 - 60 of 139 Posts