Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
33,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but I'm a bit disappointed so far.

1) They seem to have lost the magic. Feels different this year.

2) Rip beating the crap out of Lloyd because of a fight? Lloyd saved Rip when he was a kid
and the is extremely loyal to the ranch and Rip. Makes no sense.

3) Taylor Sheridan (the writer) keeps trying to write himself into the story. A terrible actor with
a big ego to boot. I can't take another scene of himself riding and coming off as a bad ***. Not
buying his fakey roles. Stick to writing and leave the real actors to act.

That's all

·
Registered
215 Posts

2) Rip beating the crap out of Lloyd because of a fight? Lloyd saved Rip when he was a kid

3) Taylor Sheridan (the writer) keeps trying to write himself into the story. A terrible actor with
a big ego to boot. I can't take another scene of himself riding and coming off as a bad ***. Not

That's all
Rip HAD to beat Lloyd up. It’s part of the ranch code, rip said the same thing to someone else is season one. That’s why he was pissed at him for making him do it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
And what’s with the guys from Montana driving over to Wyoming to dump the dead bodies?
They speak to that as well. It’s a county on the state line. They say something to the effect of “no sheriff, population 1000, and no one living within 50 miles”.

·
Registered
33,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rip HAD to beat Lloyd up. It’s part of the ranch code, rip said the same thing to someone else is season one. That’s why he was pissed at him for making him do it.
And nothing was done to Walker, just a push??? Where's the "code"??? That's why it makes no sense.

No questions, nothing. Walker started the whole thing. With Lloyd's long association (30 years) he
deserved the benefit of the doubt where Walker is a newby.

The whole didn't sit well with me and was out of context with the levels of loyalities the show prides
itself on.

I know you are right....but it sucked on all levels

17,348 Posts
So how long have you been actually watching and paying attention to this series?

2) Rip beating the crap out of Lloyd because of a fight? Lloyd saved Rip when he was a kid and the is extremely loyal to the ranch and Rip. Makes no sense.
It makes sense if you paid attention in season 1.

Fred was beating beat up Jimmy, when Rip jumped in, slapped him around, and reminded Fred that the rule on the Yellowstone was that if you wanted to fight, you had to fight him.

Rip then went to John, and John said that Fred was a bully, and that he should be fired and taken to the "Train Station."

3) Taylor Sheridan (the writer) keeps trying to write himself into the story. A terrible actor with a big ego to boot. I can't take another scene of himself riding and coming off as a bad ***. Not
He does has a good intermittent role. Not for the limited amount acting he does, but for the fact that he is an accomplished rider, that can also cut and reign.

And what’s with the guys from Montana driving over to Wyoming to dump the dead bodies?
Cap Font Symbol Emblem Circle

Its been explained a few times on the show. Here are two quotes that I've found:
  • "Everyone from three states around dumps their secrets off that cliff."
  • The "Train Station" is “a county with no people, no sheriff and no 12 jurors of your peers.”

17,348 Posts
And nothing was done to Walker, just a push??? Where's the "code"??? That's why it makes no sense.
It does make sense.

Rip has been pretty ****ed off lately. Between Carter (the kid), and Lloyd bringing in the cattle with Pinkeye and potentially contaminating everything, Rip went after him because certainly Lloyd knew better for fighting.

No questions, nothing. Walker started the whole thing. With Lloyd's long association (30 years) he deserved the benefit of the doubt where Walker is a newby.
Walker didn't start it. Lloyd started the fight by kicking Walker in the chest...though Lloyd was pretty angry at Walker for the little blonde thing switching her attractions from him to Walker.

Walker may be newer, but he is hardly a newby.

The whole didn't sit well with me and was out of context with the levels of loyalities the show prides itself on.
You have to consider human nature.

·
Registered
33,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It does make sense.

Rip has been pretty ****ed off lately. Between Carter (the kid), and Lloyd bringing in the cattle with Pinkeye and potentially contaminating everything, Rip went after him because certainly Lloyd knew better for fighting.

Walker didn't start it. Lloyd started the fight by kicking Walker in the chest...though Lloyd was pretty angry at Walker for the little blonde thing switching her attractions from him to Walker.

Walker may be newer, but he is hardly a newby.

You have to consider human nature.
Well...I get your point(s) and they are good ones!

At the very least Walker should have got his handed to him as well rather than a pass. I do believe
Walker started the fight, he has been poking Lloyd for a while and rubbing it in. Walker was really
pushing it with that bowl of son-of-a-bitc*

Oh well.....can't wait for 1883 next Month!!!

Hope they get rid of Monica.

·
Off the leash
3,011 Posts
We've been watching it too and I am a bit disappointed. It seems like a lot of it is just filler and not a lot of real meat.

And where are Casey's wife and son? And Jamie? They've put in unnecessary characters and taken out some of the better ones in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts

That's all
I never watched it before this seasons opener.

I was hooked BIGTIME.

So I am not disappointed in the least by the language,violence,sex etc.

I am getting to watch the past episodes so I can get to understand it all.

But loving the Native Americans that are real men with a passion and speaking the truth.

Got so hooked on this show that I pulled out my Winchesters to hunt with this year,nothing beats a lever action for the woods.

·
Registered
656 Posts
So if any of you yellowstone fans happen to see a metal horse sculpture in this series send me a screen shot and I will send you a small horse sculpture if it is one of mine
Plant Working animal Art Terrestrial animal Dog breed

. wwww.ryderhorses.com . Some people have said one of my sculptures appeared in the show. I have sold various sculptures around montana and to some exclusive enclaves like Big Sky.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Looks like Jamie's biological father called the hit on the Dutton family.... I predict Jamie will have to put a hit on him on the last show

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
So if any of you yellowstone fans happen to see a metal horse sculpture in this series send me a screen shot and I will send you a small horse sculpture if it is one of mine View attachment 397638
. wwww.ryderhorses.com . Some people have said one of my sculptures appeared in the show. I have sold various sculptures around montana and to some exclusive enclaves like Big Sky.
Stainless?

·
Registered
33,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We've been watching it too and I am a bit disappointed. It seems like a lot of it is just filler and not a lot of real meat.

And where are Casey's wife and son? And Jamie? They've put in unnecessary characters and taken out some of the better ones in my opinion.
thank you!! 100% agree

1 - 20 of 139 Posts