Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Spook
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have any solid proof that the end of the world is on 2012, either way if its true or not, I'm excited for this year.

1. If any disasters like the rumors about 2012 take place, prepparing for them is what excites me.
2. Actually happening makes me more excited.
3. Everyone will learn from this.(about being brave and prepared or don't believe in ancient lies.)
4. Yes, I admit movies like the day after tomorrow and the movie 2012 scares me alot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep...2012...the next Y2K. :)

A couple of things:

The Mayan Calendar ends in 2012 because they ran out of space...but...

On April, whatever, 2012, the Sun and the Earth and the center of the Milky Way will all align.

Of course, the Sun and the Earth and the center of the Milky Way align every year on April, whatever.

So, it's all goat crap if you ask me, but you're right about it being fun! And nothing is to say that the ferver and anxiety that this "prophecy" brings won't be enough to ignight an already volotile world/U.S.

I'd recommend getting any particular purchases done well in advance; prices are sure to spike closer to "the end."

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
That's really funny, if you think about it. How would you prep if the world was going to end? Maybe build a space ship and take all your preps to a distant planet?
I think we'll see a lot of exciting things in the future, not particularly fun ones, but yes, exciting.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
15,784 Posts
As I understand it the precession of the earth's rotation axis around the sun will line up our rotation plane with the center of the milky way galaxy's center (which is though to be a black hole). If it was the other way around, if the spin axis of the black hole pointed at us I could see the issue. But I can not see how our rotation plane lining up with the BH means anything. Just a interesting coincidence.

·
Registered
615 Posts
As I understand it the precession of the earth's rotation axis around the sun will line up our rotation plane with the center of the milky way galaxy's center (which is though to be a black hole). If it was the other way around, if the spin axis of the black hole pointed at us I could see the issue. But I can not see how our rotation plane lining up with the BH means anything. Just a interesting coincidence.
I just got dizzy from reading that..........or maybe its the booze. What the f**k ever. I am preparing for what ever happens and if its a total world killing event, I am just gonna hold my wife and kids tight and tell em I love them.

·
Spook
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's really funny, if you think about it. How would you prep if the world was going to end? Maybe build a space ship and take all your preps to a distant planet?
I think we'll see a lot of exciting things in the future, not particularly fun ones, but yes, exciting.
not a spaceship, now thats funny, just be prepared like it was a extreme SHTF event. Making normal preps before the time comes.

·
Non Multa Sed Multum
45 Posts
Dont worry so much about TEOTWAWKI, but worry about all the Whackos and NutJobs (the real ones) who start claiming they are "Survivalists"...driving up the price of supplies, hoarding ammo when they dont even know how to shoot, carrying Concealed and brandishing, and generally causing Mucho Grief for those of us who consciously are preparing to handle whatever God may throw our way...

Those movies, like 2012, are going to do nothing but make Fools like Obama and Brady justify theor existence by outlawing guns and bringing on a real world scenario where Civil War II is not only possible but probable...

Makes me want to dig my Retreat Bunker 3-5 feet DEEPER than I was originally planning...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I don't have any solid proof that the end of the world is on 2012, either way if its true or not, I'm excited for this year.

1. If any disasters like the rumors about 2012 take place, prepparing for them is what excites me.
3. Everyone will learn from this.(about being brave and prepared or don't believe in ancient lies.)
4. Yes, I admit movies like the day after tomorrow and the movie 2012 scares me alot.
:thumb:Me too.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
I got this from a Mayan Priestess some years ago:

The 2012, which is different for them because they dont follow the normal calender, is about Sun spots and flares. In previous years the Mayans were able to predict them very accurately. A Sunspot or flare is due in 2012. This has caused Earthquakes, Hurricanes etc in the past, so thats why they say get preppared.

·
Psychometrician
203 Posts
Can I be the first to spread fear about 2099?
Oh, wait I already have a date on that night.
Watch out for 2199!
Also don't forget that In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today

·
6 Boys and 13 Hands
10,255 Posts
Can I be the first to spread fear about 2099?
Oh, wait I already have a date on that night.
Watch out for 2199!
Also don't forget that In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today
There's a blast from the past.

Maya Calendar Dec 21st 2012

Attachments

·
Obamageddon Survivor???
1,178 Posts
I've said it once, and I'll say it again, 2012 is nothing but good stuff for us.

Prepping will become trendy with the typical people who have more money than brains.
Said People will get bored waiting, or after when nothing happens.

Plenty of never been used top dollar gear will be sold on the cheap.
Score :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
It could be the year of liberation. Get all the sheeple worked up & real scared. Have them bunker up in a deep hole under the earth. ...and then we just bulldoze over the top. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've said it once, and I'll say it again, 2012 is nothing but good stuff for us.

Prepping will become trendy with the typical people who have more money than brains.
Said People will get bored waiting, or after when nothing happens.

Plenty of never been used top dollar gear will be sold on the cheap.
Score :)
LOL! That's priceless...

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I'm sorry but could have sworn I posted on this thread about the threats happening just for the rest of 2009. I guess someone took offence and pulled it. AW WELL:(

·
Registered
80 Posts
well the mayans had to stop writing at some point ,they couldn't just keep writing until they dissapeared (or maybe they did?).maybe they got to 2012 and said "i'll wright the rest in a few hundred years when it gets closer".

i do think that the last few months of 2011 and all of 2012 will be exciting though with everyone freaking out.01/01/2013 will be onebig party with every one happy because the world didn't end.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts

Gosh, you sure seem to live a most boring life to wish for world-wide destruction to beat the boredom.

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
One of the problems I have with this whole 2012 thing - beyond the fact that it's all nonsense - is, it's a definate date. Folks are tending to focus too much on it. So, if a crisis comes in 2011, or 2013, people will be unprepared. It would be much better if it was assumed the end of the world could happen at any time - like we do - and preparations made on that basis.

But that may be asking for too much...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts