Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
X-Products-X-25-Skeletonized-50-Round-Drum-Magazine-Black-1.jpg

I'm planning on buying a 2-4 of these for my SCAR 17S (.308) set up but I am at a loss at how to attach these to my person. I was hoping I could pick your guys' brain on how to attach these to a vest or battle belt set up.. thoughts?

I'm not concerned about the weight I'm in pretty good shape and often carry heavy loads, I just need an ergonomic friendly solution to carrying these bad boys into a firefight. I am not open to the idea of a tote or Bag as that simply will not work for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My vote would be to space a kydex mag pouch far enough out that you could bungee just below the drum to pull the bulk and weight in. Positioned upside down like a regular kydex mag holder would carry one

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
**** me. Apparently, that is a 50 round .308 drum magazine. :wow

Respect, and good luck on the dinosaur hunt. :thumb:

****er must weigh a ton fully loaded. :zombie

As far as carrying them...that's rough. They are a terrible shape. Big pouch? Two or three around your stomach area?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My vote would be to space a kydex mag pouch far enough out that you could bungee just below the drum to pull the bulk and weight in. Positioned upside down like a regular kydex mag holder would carry one

Hmm kydex

I have a Buddy who makes kydex holsters for cc I wonder if he could make me a holder. Thanks for the idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
**** me. Apparently, that is a 50 round .308 drum magazine. :wow

Respect, and good luck on the dinosaur hunt. :thumb:

****er must weigh a ton fully loaded. :zombie

As far as carrying them...that's rough. They are a terrible shape. Big pouch? Two or three around your stomach area?

About four pounds a piece! But I don't like reloading so here we are!

I was thinking I'd probably carry them on my hip or lower back, they make a pouch for the 556 Version but I can't find one for this bad boy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmm kydex

I have a Buddy who makes kydex holsters for cc I wonder if he could make me a holder. Thanks for the idea!

If you know someone good with kydex... making something that held the straight portion, then came up on the side away from you and cupped a portion of the drum would probably be a great multi location holder

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm betting however you find to carry them it won't be for long or any distance ,That's 16lbs spread around your waist,chest,pack or whatever not to mention the likely 8 to 11 lb firearm they'll be used for .

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Banned
4,841 Posts
I really want to see that. I'd really like to see you do say even a 1 mile run with them and the weapon, preferably over uneven terrain. One ARTEP I was the PLT SGT's driver which meant I had to man the M-60, and our humvee didn't have a weapons mount, so it was all dismount. Having to hump that pig around with all that ammo everywhere I went for a few days really made me miss my m-16! I know the SCAR isn't quite as heavy as a 60, but the amount of ammo is pretty close.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really want to see that. I'd really like to see you do say even a 1 mile run with them and the weapon, preferably over uneven terrain. One ARTEP I was the PLT SGT's driver which meant I had to man the M-60, and our humvee didn't have a weapons mount, so it was all dismount. Having to hump that pig around with all that ammo everywhere I went for a few days really made me miss my m-16! I know the SCAR isn't quite as heavy as a 60, but the amount of ammo is pretty close.

I get the skepticism, I do. I can just pack a load I don't know what else to say. I do the Tahoe rim trail every year with a 65 pound pack. I've used my socom 16 to compete in 3 gun competition, I'm 28 and in great shape mentally and physically.

I don't plan on taking the scar and ammo on a 166 mile trek around Lake Tahoe but I'm sure what ever distance I need take it I'll be able.

I prefer the .308, I'm compatible with the scar and I'm confident I can handle the load.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts