Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all Bass Pro shops refuse to take the trigger guards off their handguns at the counter? Or is it just the one here in FL?

I was told it was new corporate policy. I spoke to the manager and she told me the same thing. NO EXCEPTIONS. Even as I had cash on hand ready to purchase. Only wanted to check the trigger and barrel condition.

So I told them I understood it wasn't their fault but I was taking my purchase elsewhere. Let them know to tell their district manager and filled out a comment card and left.

Really... what experienced handgun owner does not check the trigger, action, and barrel at the counter.

I was informed that if there was a problem I could contact the manufacturer. LOL Well, in the end it worked out. Caught a sale at a local gun store and wound up saving 100$ from Bass Pro price.

So is this just Florida store? Or do they do this in like Texas or something also?

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the one I have been in.
I won't buy a gun from a company that does not trust me.
Yea I just thought it was weird. They should know their customers out of all people.

They've done it here for a while. No big loss, they're more expensive than anyone else in town.

Az
I haven't compared too many of their prices. The piece I purchased was priced fair at the time. Can't speak for the other firearms though.

·
Registered
633 Posts
This is good, and i hope that more people get disgusted with it and refuse to buy. These big stores like that need to learn to be more customer friendly and oriented instead of PC. Anymore i wont even go into a Cabelas or Bass Pro unless i want to look at a product im considering buying online.

-Nate

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is good, and i hope that more people get disgusted with it and refuse to buy. These big stores like that need to learn to be more customer friendly and oriented instead of PC. Anymore i wont even go into a Cabelas or Bass Pro unless i want to look at a product im considering buying online.

-Nate
Yea I was going to call the district manager. But then I decided it wasn't worth it. It isn't my company they can do what they want. I will just respond with my wallet.

I just do not see what they are really worried about. Liability? What is a customer going to load rounds into the gun at the counter with the worker right there?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yea I was going to call the district manager. But then I decided it wasn't worth it. It isn't my company they can do what they want. I will just respond with my wallet.

I just do not see what they are really worried about. Liability? What is a customer going to load rounds into the gun at the counter with the worker right there?
Who really knows what the pinheads in corporations like that are thinking. Its all PC and frankly im just tired of it all!

-Nate

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Would you honestly be surprised to read that headline anymore? I don't trust the general public with anything. It's about deciding how much risk you're willing to accept.

Ever notice that most employees at local gun stores are openly carrying? I prefer the little guy better anyway.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
They're simply afraid of litigation - people will sue over anything! A local Wal-Mart wouldn't fix a flat because one of my lug nuts was missing. I offered to buy a full set of lug nuts to replace the missing one, but they said I would have to leave the premises to replace the lug nut, then I could bring it back. I just went to another tire shop where they not only fixed the flat, but replaced the lug nut for free. The litigation BS is getting waayyy out of hand.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There loss, Bass pro is over priced anyway. I wouldn't buy a gun I wasn't able to function test either.
I am sure that most manufactures would fix any problems. But some don't pay shipping and have long turn-around. Forget that. Not worth the risk and further waste of my time.

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
I have only been in the Bass Pro Shop at Stapelton in Denver..... I thought the store was very over rated for a gun store.... yeah all the fishermen groove on it but I dont fish and it had been bragged up to be the " Outdoor superstore".

I saw more guns at a localy owned shop in nowhere Utah.... Utah is a great state for guns...great prices and damm near every store sells em

guess it is " Zion" afterall

1 - 20 of 41 Posts