Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new-nationwide-crime-wave-1432938425

The article may be paid content, so here are a few snippets:

"The nation’s two-decades-long crime decline may be over. Gun violence in particular is spiraling upward in cities across America. In Baltimore, the most pressing question every morning is how many people were shot the previous night. Gun violence is up more than 60% compared with this time last year, according to Baltimore police, with 32 shootings over Memorial Day weekend. May has been the most violent month the city has seen in 15 years."

"Milwaukee Police Chief Edward A. Flynn, discussing hostility toward the police, told me in an interview on Friday: “I’ve never seen anything like it. I’m guessing it will take five years to recover.” "

·
You ARE what you IS!
Prepped enough is NEVER good enough!
5,655 Posts

The article may be paid content, so here are a few snippets:

"The nation’s two-decades-long crime decline may be over. Gun violence in particular is spiraling upward in cities across America. In Baltimore, the most pressing question every morning is how many people were shot the previous night. Gun violence is up more than 60% compared with this time last year, according to Baltimore police, with 32 shootings over Memorial Day weekend. May has been the most violent month the city has seen in 15 years."

"Milwaukee Police Chief Edward A. Flynn, discussing hostility toward the police, told me in an interview on Friday: “I’ve never seen anything like it. I’m guessing it will take five years to recover.” "
Look at the demographics of Baltimore.

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts

·
Pray For Our Republic!!
283 Posts
It is quite an extrapolation to take the situation in Baltimore and claim that "Gun violence in particular is spiraling upward in cities across America." It is out of control in MD because of the crappy leadership provided by Baltimore's black racist mayor and the draconian anti-gun laws MD crammed down the throats of its citizens the last two years. Violent crime is only on the rise in the so-called gun free cities and states. This article is yet another attempt to claim that guns are evil and should be taken from the people. Some of these liberal twits in the media think that a gun can jump off the table and kill people all by itself because it is SOOO evil.

·
VA / NC
12,688 Posts
Bluetick the answer is very simple, and you have the answer at the bootom of every post you make:

Police are afraid to do anything and anyone with a small amount of commonsense (except liberal politicians) know that and take advantage of the situation.

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,897 Posts
I also don't think the single incident in Baltimore is the only reason.

Between Michael Brown fracturing a cop's eye and attacking him sitting in his patrol car, and then the cop having to lose his job as a cop afterwards; and "I can't breathe", who had been arrested numerous times, yet again it was the cops who paid the price; and killing the kid on the playground who had a Beretta airsoft gun with the orange tip removed; AND the career criminal in Baltimore, the cumulative effect across the nation is that the cops are whacking blacks. This is fed by the media, IMHO, because the same level of indignation and media attention is NOT provided to a similar number of scenarios in which the shootings are justifiable, and/or in which cops are the victims of fatalities inflicted by citizens.

Here locally several cops shot a guy who was hurling softball sized rocks at passing cars and people outside a supermarket. He died. Rather than recognize the reality that softball sized rocks, if they hit someone in the head, can put someone in a wheelchair for life, and/or can kill the more fragile members of our society such as the elderly and children in car seats, the local community activists chose instead to become offended that the dead criminal was a minority member who had no firearm. The fact that he was hurling rocks at passing cars was summarily dismissed by the marchers and demonstrators. One wonders what their reaction would have been had the perp hit a kid and killed the kid with one of the rocks. Yet currently, it is the cops who shot the criminal who are up on charges. The criminal is passed off as just another unarmed minority who was shot by the cops for no reason at all. It's as if the entire US minority community has collective amnesia (or selective focus) with respect to *any* responsibility by its members for their own actions. Every encounter a minority member has with a cop is always the cop's fault.

Michael Brown, a thief and a thug, who had just shaken down a store owner for a fifty dollar box of cigars...his death incites marches and burning down a community. The cop killed last week in Albuquerque? No one remembers this week who he was. Why isn't CNN running a hour-long special on his life, his hopes and dreams, and what he accomplished before he was murdered by a scumbag? The White House sent three representatives to Michael Brown's funeral. Gee, do you wonder if the White House will send any representatives to this police officer's funeral? Why not? THAT's part of the problem as well. Nothing like the Obama Administration taking the side of the thugs to make police officers feel crapped on for doing their jobs.

I blame this outcome in part on the media, and in part on the community activists - who not only need a reason to exist, but who are terminally and professionally indignant over the plight of their downtrodden brethren, the same career criminals who so frequently wind up in encounters with law enforcement.

When more airtime and respect and solicitous attention is lavished on the thugs than on the cops, and when cops wind up in court or in jail or banned from being cops due to encounters with thugs and career criminals, it's naturally going to embolden the criminals and have a restraining effect on the cops.

Go figure.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
just cuz
I happened to catch the video again of Freddie Gray being loaded into the Police Van.
It appeared to me that special attention should be paid to the 10sec or so in the video before he was loaded. Specifically as they were walking him to the van and right before they turned him to load him up. Notice the position of his head, flopping to the side and down, I would not be surprised
if his neck had already been broken from one of his admitted falls during the chase.
On several occasions I have known of people who have suffered broken necks and no one had any idea of the injury.
My money is on the Police not knowing of the injury when taking him into custody but they did not properly attend to his medical needs either during his arrest. Until you see this type of injury you normally don't think about them or that they can even happen, that is lack of training.
IMO not at fault but culpable in the death.

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
The good thing is simple, when it gets bad enough they will go after the same Liberals and media that fired them up in the first place. That will warm your hearts.

·
Deplorable
4,356 Posts
History enjoys repeating itself, and we are currently revisiting a nation-wide anti-police sentiment. Isolated police shootings (irrespective of causation) always inflame a portion of the citizenry, and cause racial tensions to escalate. The past year has seen several high profile police incidents exploited by anti-police provocateurs (as well as numerous media outlets), that have resulted in rioting, violent protests, etc. If you look at a city like New York, you can also factor in an incompetent left wingnut mayor who has prevented NYPD from doing its job in policing the city. Violent crime increases are not widespread, but are focal points in specific cities that are highly visible and often misrepresented for political/personal gain.

·
Registered
160 Posts
When you have a mayor in Baltimore who still orders police to stand down rather than crush any resistance to restore order, you get the chaos you encourage by restricting the forces of order. People of a certain mind set and demographic are encouraged by this policy, and want to spread the chaos elsewhere. When you are hard on crime, and kick the ass of the bleeding heart liberal media whining and crying about violating the civil rights of a douchebag who just violated someone else's civil rights, crime gets curbed. At this point, though, the media is too far gone and too powerful to control with a simple ass kicking, and the people who incite chaos are too far gone not to further their goal when/ if they are faced with resistance by the cops.

It's the late 60's all over again.

·
In dog we trust.
3,389 Posts
History enjoys repeating itself, and we are currently revisiting a nation-wide anti-police sentiment. Isolated police shootings (irrespective of causation) always inflame a portion of the citizenry, and cause racial tensions to escalate. The past year has seen several high profile police incidents exploited by anti-police provocateurs (as well as numerous media outlets), that have resulted in rioting, violent protests, etc. If you look at a city like New York, you can also factor in an incompetent left wingnut mayor who has prevented NYPD from doing its job in policing the city. Violent crime increases are not widespread, but are focal points in specific cities that are highly visible and often misrepresented for political/personal gain.
Im not justifying thug violence in any way, but Seeing these videos almost daily, like Tammir Rice being shot within 2 seconds of police arrival, and Walter Scott being murdered by a cop who then plants evidence on the body (while other cops look the other way), I would expect the public to be inflamed. This crap happens all the time, and the list is endless. Locally, a 13 y/o kid walking to a friends place with a BB gun was shot and killed without even a chance to drop the toy before being gunned down (from behind). I remember playing with BB guns as a kid, and I never worried about being killed in the park, or in my neighborhood. Its sad that I'd never allow my kids to play with toy guns anywhere today in public, for fear of the police.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/children-playing-war-game-with-toy-guns-news-photo/72401635

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
we have had decades of decreases in violent crime. This is helpful to the pro gun cause. I guarantee that this increase in violent crime will be used as justification to go after guns.

·
Registered
440 Posts
we have had decades of decreases in violent crime. This is helpful to the pro gun cause. I guarantee that this increase in violent crime will be used as justification to go after guns.
This. Especially during the current administrations last two years in office. If you want to see how the democrats and the media operate, watch this closely. The story won't be that the social fabric of America is in decline causing violence. The story will be whatever with the overtone of guns are the problem.

Murder is up in Baltimore, guns are the problem.

People don't like police, we had better get rid of guns so they don't get shot.

Police are shooting, sweet, church going young men, take away their guns to keep these young men safe.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Put yourself in the position of the officer, they suddenly had an unknown weapon pointed at them and the length of a trigger pull to decide if it was a real threat. Take all the time you want to decide...
It's easy to be critical when your ass is not the one getting shot.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Put yourself in the position of the officer, they suddenly had an unknown weapon pointed at them and the length of a trigger pull to decide if it was a real threat. Take all the time you want to decide...
I have been shot at by people who really didn't like me much so let me throw this out there, Most peoples first rounds miss.

Between 1998 and 2006, in NYC, the average hit rate was 18 percent for gunfights.
That's average hit rate. And under 7 meters. 7 meters for ****s sake. First round hit rate is probably in the single digits.

I would take an extra second and confirm the threat rather than live the rest of my life having killed a unarmed kid.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/public_information/RAND_FirearmEvaluation.pdf

Page 14, Middle of page.

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
You have the rest of your life to decide if you are going to shoot.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Has anyone really considered the cause of these reported police abuse cases? I mean the real cause, not some liberal knee jerk response. It’s not the police! The answer is to control your own behavior so there is no need for a police encounter. Good grief!

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,897 Posts
Has anyone really considered the cause of these reported police abuse cases? I mean the real cause, not some liberal knee jerk response. It’s not the police! The answer is to control your own behavior so there is no need for a police encounter. Good grief!
I'm sure your observations will resonate with the citizens of Baltimore.

But you should add an introductory sentence to the effect of "Please put down that (fill in the blank) 'large rock', 'flammable substance', 'firearm', etc. and consider carefully what I am about to tell you"

That will likely invite their attention, no doubt.

·
NRA Life 1971
9,094 Posts
As Rham Emanuel said," you never let a serious crisis go to waste".

Obama and the liberals would like nothing better that to encourage this type of behavior, through the media and the race baiters, in order to convince the American people that an epidemic of abuse is rampant in our police departments. What we need is a national police force run by Obama; his own brown shirts. He dreams about this. He would no doubt politicize this department as he done with many other government departments to move his radical agenda forward.

Are there LEO who abuse their power etc.? Yes because they are people and people are not perfect.

·
Registered
9,016 Posts
The Ferguson Effect

Yeah, the cops are all racists until you need them. The left can't have it both ways, calling cops racist for doing their job and then calling them racist for being apprehensive about doing their job because they may be called racist or brought up on charges.

After a two-decade long decline in crime statistics all over the United States, murders, shootings and other violent felonies statistics are up all over, and the main victims of the growing violence are the inner-city poor.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts