1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Actias Luna
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Bravo Zulu
13,133 Posts
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the other thread on this article. Lawns use a metric ****-tonne of water. Vege gardens use less.

Lawns look good, tho'.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
And with the food and financial crises we are faceing they are worried about someone planting squash. Wish they had included pictures with the article.

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,935 Posts
We have grown vegetables in our front yard for years because it has the best sunlight. This year we have potatoes, tomatoes and a lot of different herbs. We mix it in with the normal front yard types of flowers and bushes and such. One year we had a huge tomato harvest and let the neighbors take what they wanted. No one complained as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I have no idea about the particulars of this specific case, there usually is much more to the story than is reported. However, if too many people grew their own food it would cut into the profits of many large companies. This it will be illegal in many places in modern times.

·
Adapt Improvise Overcome
236 Posts
They who control the food control the population.

I would suggest you people research Agenda 21 (now renamed).

If what some people are saying is true (such as Alex Jones, Alan Watt etc) then this is simply another step to total tyranny - these things are ALWAYS given reasonable sounding reasons and excuses.

If what they say is true also then something like five major corporations control almost all the worlds food supply. What's more their food is genetically modified (to your detriment), it is cloned (to your detriment) and all kinds of evil chemicals used on them - see Monsanto and Dupont - I think there are some videos around on youtube, 'food Inc' being one.

IF what they say is true then it appears that this is simply part of an agenda which will first result in our total dependence on for profit corporations for all the needs of life (some of which we would be quite able to provide for ourselves if we were unmolested by the world powers). IF what they say is true then ultimately after they have done poisoning us with their fake foods they will either kill us outright or let us starve - all the while punishing those who try to provide for themselves through propaganda designed to make us think that growing your own garden is bad or selfish or some such garbage.

Do you people know that these same world powers wish to sieze control of all the worlds natural resources? See the video where some South American country was told that ALL water there belonged to some corporation or other - underground water, river water, water from the rain and water that collected in puddles - the people rioted over it, people died and eventually they backed off somewhat. A friend of mine from Brazil told me something similar where he lives.

Anytime that the very needs of your life are controlled by others, against your knowledge and/or consent has got to be morally wrong and unjustifiable. Damn right dangerous.

Do we want our children having access to clean REAL food? Or some genetically brutalised freakenstein food which is toxic and can cause sterility.

I guess some people might see me as a fearmonger or exagerating so I am going to go ahead and search out a few links to back up my post - I would LOVE to be wrong, I do not relish the idea of being poisoned and starved - I do not have a garden of any size and what tiny space I have the soil is polluted, shallow and overcast. But it is a garden.

FOOD:

Keiser Report: Monsanto and the Seeds of Evil (E109)

The Seed Barons: How Big Ag, Big Oil & Big Government Are Hijacking the World’s Food Supply
http://www.engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net/print/June08_Engdahl.pdf

Alan Watt - The Plan to Control the Food Supply

Food Inc

Controlling Our Food: The World According To Monsanto-Full Length Documentary

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/05/more-problems-with-glyphosate-rice.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Co...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

WATER:

http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/global/latin-america/water-privatization/

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=water+war+bolivia&aq=f

More on Fluoride

http://fluoridealert.org/

AGENDA 21 (renamed SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT)
http://www.un.org/esa/sustdev/documents/agenda21/english/Agenda21.pdf

http://www.un.org/esa/dsd/agenda21/

http://www.youtube.com/user/2ndTCG?v=AWs7ZhX7aj8&feature=pyv

There is more, so much more. Maybe I am confused, judge for yourselves, I also hear that the children are being taught to hate the parents and older generations for 'hurting the earth' or something and soem even are stepping forward to be sterilised.

Sick sick world.. don't for a second let them play any kind of guilt trip for wanting to grow your own garden, to eat real heirloom food or to use water for that purpose.

GOD bless.

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
http://www.alternet.org/story/15157...able_garden?akid=7230.144819.Pe6pkj&rd=1&t=27

This is just insane. Only in the 21st century, can you imagine what our great grandparents would think of this case?

I think there should come a time when growing grass in your yard is illegal. Growing food is really important. Growing my lawn only costs me money. Which is smarter to get rid of?

I agree. It's like waking up and finding that America morphed into the Twilight Zone while we slept. Jail time for planting a veggie garden......sheesh.

Anyone, who thinks America hasn't gone nuts should read that article.

·
Just the facts, Ma'am.
2,070 Posts
Laying low. :cool: Taking a step back to see if I'm crazy. Found out that if I am, so are more and more people I run into.
More likely that you've been too busy prepping and such to make good videos for us to watch. You aren't crazy, and they aren't either. Well, some of them are, but we live in a diverse world! It's nice to see you posting again! How's the Ruger mini treating you?

·
Actias Luna
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More likely that you've been too busy prepping and such to make good videos for us to watch. You aren't crazy, and they aren't either. Well, some of them are, but we live in a diverse world! It's nice to see you posting again! How's the Ruger mini treating you?
Sadly for the Ruger, the 410 is much easier for me to dispatch little animals with. We don't go to a driving range so the hubby promised he would make a hill for me so I can shoot.

I've got loads of videos to post, I just haven't done it yet.
How is your garden? We got back from Destin last Saturday. I only saw ONE garden while we were there, and we went on many back roads. Maybe Floridians keep them in the back.

·
Just the facts, Ma'am.
2,070 Posts
Sadly for the Ruger, the 410 is much easier for me to dispatch little animals with. We don't go to a driving range so the hubby promised he would make a hill for me so I can shoot.

I've got loads of videos to post, I just haven't done it yet.
How is your garden? We got back from Destin last Saturday. I only saw ONE garden while we were there, and we went on many back roads. Maybe Floridians keep them in the back.
Well, it hasn't been made a sticky yet, but I have a Doc Simonson's 2011 Garden post somewhere in the Gardening section. It's doing far better than last year, but for some reason all of the female flowers die before they reach maturity on my pumpkins, watermelons, most of my zucchinis and butternut squash. Peppers are looking really bad too. I need to have a soil analysis done. I think it's the manufactured soil in my raised beds.

·
Actias Luna
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, it hasn't been made a sticky yet, but I have a Doc Simonson's 2011 Garden post somewhere in the Gardening section. It's doing far better than last year, but for some reason all of the female flowers die before they reach maturity on my pumpkins, watermelons, most of my zucchinis and butternut squash. Peppers are looking really bad too. I need to have a soil analysis done. I think it's the manufactured soil in my raised beds.
Is there a farm of any kind where you can get manure? My neighbor's garden failed, sister-in-law, and other in-law. My friend's tomatoes are 1/2 as high as mine. What's in my garden? Straight cow manure from last year's pasture. They poo around the large round bales and we dug it up with the uni-loader and filled a truck bed. That was shoveled into the raised beds. The tomatoes and cucumbers tower at least two feet above my head.

I lost my peppers too, from being too grabby when weeding. They are touchy little things! I don't know what to tell you about the females. Some of mine make it, some have just fallen onto the soil. Not sure why. :confused:

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,935 Posts
If anyone is still following the original post, the city dropped the charges for now but then find some other, minor issue to charge her with regarding her dogs. Sounds like it is time for her to get involved in local politics and rally the neighbors that supported her garden.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
I've often worried about the growing number of plastic people in our society who:

1) Live in totally artificial environments (windowless office cubicles).
2) Have no children.
3) No financial worries, and therefore do nothing to save money.
4) Never pack their own bag lunches.
5) Are anti-DIY, even for no-brainers.
6) Have no hobbies outside of work.

When these kinds of people get into positions of nanny power, they want to apply the same rule set to everyone else. Being childless, they may even look at others in society as their own surrogate children, in need of a lot of controls.

Beware and be forewarned.

·
Actias Luna
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've often worried about the growing number of plastic people in our society who:

1) Live in totally artificial environments (windowless office cubicles).
2) Have no children.
3) No financial worries, and therefore do nothing to save money.
4) Never pack their own bag lunches.
5) Are anti-DIY, even for no-brainers.
6) Have no hobbies outside of work.

When these kinds of people get into positions of nanny power, they want to apply the same rule set to everyone else. Being childless, they may even look at others in society as their own surrogate children, in need of a lot of controls.

Beware and be forewarned.
I have to agree with you. I went to the city for the first time in a while and the things I see are disheartening. The "metrosexual" man that is dressed girlier than most of the women I know out here. The woman with fake nails, fake hair, a pound of makeup, the phone glued to her ear, driving at us swerving all over the road. So many people are a shell of what our grandparents were. It's getting disgusting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts