Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sitting here reading the boards and I hear 14 shotguns rounds being fired slowly and deliberately. Obviously, I called the police dept to find out WTF is going on! It's a small town so we can do that sort of thing. ;) It seems they are having a bear issue 100 yards from my house and the leos just had to take it down. CRAZY!!! The cops are zooming past now gonna go turn on my scanner.

·
American fearmaker
14,248 Posts
A bear being shot 14 times??? And cops are generally armed with what kind of guns??? So, shooting a bear with a handgun is what kind of idea??? Hopefully somebody had a decent rifle or a couple of shotguns loaded with slugs. Otherwise, the cops may have only made the bear mad...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just sitting here reading the boards and I hear 14 shotguns rounds being fired slowly and deliberately. Obviously, I called the police dept to find out WTF is going on! It's a small town so we can do that sort of thing. ;) It seems they are having a bear issue 100 yards from my house and the leos just had to take it down. CRAZY!!! The cops are zooming past now gonna go turn on my scanner.
Wow! Did they kill the bear's extended family as well?

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A bear being shot 14 times??? And cops are generally armed with what kind of guns??? So, shooting a bear with a handgun is what kind of idea??? Hopefully somebody had a decent rifle or a couple of shotguns loaded with slugs. Otherwise, the cops may have only made the bear mad...
It wasn't a handgun. It had to be shotgun, the report was quiet distinct. We are rural out here and this isn't the first bear near my house. We had one two years ago that ripped down our bird feeder. Last spring the cops called me to tell me to stay in the house because there was a bear in the neighborhood. :eek:

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Must be the difference in where we live, but noone would even blink at hearing those gunshots here. God Bless South Carolina.
Now, if it was during daylight hours I would have laughed my a$$ over how bad a shot someone was to use that many rounds to take down a deer. At night is a different story. 3 shots at night I would have dismissed with only slight curiosity over who's chickens/dogs were being attacked by a fisher cat/coyote. 14 shots at almost midnight was just very obvious that something was going on.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
There is seldom a week that goes by that you dont hear gunshots here. Maybe you guys in Chicago might think that was a bad thing but here its just life. No one ever gets shot. Most of the time it is a deer or target practice, etc.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
14 shots??? Thats all?? Its nothing to worry about. The people that live down the street own a lot of land behind their house. Its not uncommon to hear them firing off a few boxes.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Must be the difference in where we live, but noone would even blink at hearing those gunshots here. God Bless South Carolina.
Here too. Opening day of deer season is like WW3.

By the way, don't know about cops there, but most around here have an AR in the cruiser as well (.223). Coulda been what they were using.

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
You call the cops when you hear gunshots? If a day/night goes by and I DON'T here gunshots, I think it's a strange thing. But I guess living in the People's Republic of Massachussett's will do that to you.:D:

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
24,289 Posts
I would take the opportunity to point out to my other half that I don't have a rifle big enough to stop a bear if one tried to get in the house. (okay, I do, but she doesn't know and I can always use another one)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You call the cops when you hear gunshots? If a day/night goes by and I DON'T here gunshots, I think it's a strange thing. But I guess living in the People's Republic of Massachussett's will do that to you.:D:

half the time I'm out back, I'm surprised someone isn't calling the cops because of the noise I'm making.. haha

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.