Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
81 - 100 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
OK. ANYONE FROM OHIO, INDIANA, KY. CARE TO MEET AND BREAK SOME BREAD? We can use our tagnames here and maintain opsec. I'm not interested in your details or location, just some chatting about prepping. And a meal....

How about it? PM me....this could be fun! The weather is still good. Lets meet somewhere.

That easy......

RBG (not the dead one.....yet)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rocky mountain montana here. I tired to put some ideas out about meeting on this forum but got trolled for it. I am still looking for others with a clue about what is coming....i feel the need to form a MAG, I have the infrastructure just need some active resilient Cloud Sky Water Atmospheric phenomenon Natural landscape people who have a real reason to survive.

·
3,997 Posts
I'm willing to meet a few people, in fact there has been some talk about some of us meeting in Tulsa during the Tulsa Gun Show next month. And a lady on here and I have talked a time or two about meeting and taking her for a motorcycle ride.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Beauty !!!!! I'm jealous. I'll be fishin for Kings this weekend ! What region was this bad boy caught in ?

I tried reaching out the Folks in SW FLA on the various trips we've made down there house hunting. No one was up for face to face. I was hoping to hook up with Anglers that could show me the ropes for saltwater fishing. No matter, I figured it out pretty quick and landed over 100 fish on each trip. Lots of mangroves, whiting and cats.
Jerry D Young was receptive to getting together for a drink when I was in Reno back in '14 but we never got a chance to meet. Wish we had, it would have been a pleasure.

·
I have control issues
6,463 Posts
I'd be up for it. Actually did a meet-up with another member from another "prep" forum she and I both I used to be Moderators on. We met up at a "prep" show, and had a great time. Had a few other get togethers after that, until she and her husband packed up and moved a couple of states away.

There are quite a few folks on here that I would like to meet. The trolls need not apply.

Oh, and I'm an I/ESFJ. (Yeah, right on the dividing line between I and E. The SFJ is pretty much set in stone.

AZ

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
There are a lot of new names here I have not gotten to know enough to say one way or another, but there are a whole bunch of the old timers here I would be more than happy to meet with if the opportunity presented itself.

There are guys like Jerry I would love to sit and pick the brain of, MikeK who I would love to share some beers with while swapping stories, and many more....

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would be up for it, the loaner thing really sucks. A few years ago I was hit by a truck and left in a ditch. In the year and a half plus it took me to get rebuilt, the phone company blocked all my incoming calls, that didn't involve someone wanting something from me.

We were prepared so my family and I made it through with out much trouble. It just sucked ass sitting all day while everyone was out, with no one to talk to but the cat. Having someone to stop by bull****, drink my beer, would have really helped out lifting my spirits.

·
Off the leash
2,751 Posts
We met a young couple that sardog met on Frugal Squirrel close to 15 years ago. They got to talking and found out they lived less that 20 miles from us. We met the first couple of times at a camp ground.

They are now our adopted kids and are some of the best friends we've ever had. Sardog was in their wedding 7 years ago and we're grandparents to their daughter. We have helped each other out in many, many ways over the years.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
1,168 Posts
A couple years ago I logged onto a camping forum. They had planned to get together at a National Forest a couple weeks later, so I jumped in. I'm normally an introvert (should have been a hermit but messed that up too), and the Mrs looks at me like I had lost my mind and says "So you are going camping with a group of people from the internet who you don't know?"
It went very well, but could easily have gone very bad.... I still camp with that group a couple times a year.

I'm open to meeting people. I'm in SE Texas when at the homestead, but work takes me all over the country (and sometimes out of the country, but that is rare). If there is a State Park or National Forrest nearby, I would be willing to travel for a meet and greet.

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
35,571 Posts
I can't be bothered to be honest. I used to be very extrovert and had quite a lot of friends , some I even met online on other forums, like a moms forum and a travel forum. Now, I just don't want to deal with meeting new people , all that talking, cleaning the house to have them over for dinner ( eventually ) etc etc. It's too much trouble and I know enough people already. Plus the older you get the more your friends are going to die, and the more you have , the more upsetting that would be.
Yeah ... I'm a friends-at-a-distance sort of dude. Some of the people closest to me are the ones who screwed me over the most. If I want a really close friend ... I'll buy a dog.

·
Semper Fi
10,188 Posts
I thought I had already posted but I guess it didn't go through.

I have met several people from this board and all have been good to go.

·
Threepin'
4,068 Posts
I have several times. Mostly weirdos but with a few solid folks in between.

Just keep it site neutral to be safe (coffee shop, pub, whatever) and you’ll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Padre in the woods
2,785 Posts
Also has a large neo nazzi group. Lots of swasticas on anything that can be carved on and doesn’t move. Hells angels has a charter there too I believe.
Not sure of that. When I was there in 2017 I saw nothing Nazi, nor any Hells Angels crusing the place.

·
This is my clever name
95 Posts
I think it would be great to meet other like minded individuals but I worry my chosen profession would scare some off. I live in Utah so there is already a preparedness mindset ingrained in a large portion of the population here but I lack the religious mindset required to network properly with these people.

Doesn't seem to be too many active here in Utah.

·
The Black Death
985 Posts
Yes. There are some I'd like to meet, but I'd prefer to do it in a group setting at a cook-out. There is no easy way to weed-out anyone. We are pretty private here, so it would have to be off property and preferably a few hours drive away at a forest preserve.

81 - 100 of 215 Posts