Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!

Would you want immortality?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say there's a medical break through tomorrow. Cell aging can be frozen somehow. Leading a reasonably healthy life, there is nothing but a terrible incident that could end your life.

If you could aquire this type of immortality would you want it?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hell yes. If I get tired of living I could always take up some stupidly dangerous "extreme" sport like "Hogtied Base Jumping Without a Parachute".

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
yes i would i'm only 31 now and i think i could handle be 31 for the rest of my life. course there would have to be planet wide population control what with nobody die'n and babies still be'n born that could be a problem

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris I feel someone's answer to the question of immortality says a lot about their philosophical orientation. Some people wouldn't want to mess with "god"'s design. They are willing to meet "god" even and wouldn't want to prolong life beyond its normal greatest extent for that reason. Some people would never want to have to commit suicide, when they had had enough, like you would be okay with. Reckon buckshot would be best on an ewok.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
voted no,
not because of my Christian beliefs but that during your life time you would have accumulated so much wisdom that It'd drive you nuts and you'd hate everyone, and be so lonely.Then live forever like it along with a whole load of people that you couldnt stand.

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
If I could be immortal, I'd go for it. But could I have back the body I had when I was 19?:D:
But, even if immortal, I suspect I would become a recluse...which is where I seem to be headed currently...
...and NO EWOK HUNTING!
That's just WRONG.
Cute, cuddly, lil' fuzzy-wuzzys...

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
I voted no, (1)because I would never be able to retire from work.(2)there are way too many people on this planet already,and eliminating the natural process of death would only make it worse.(3) as long as there is no hell(crossed fingers) I am not afraid of death.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I would .only if I can carry a sword and tell everybody that im the highlander

Reactions: Lamb and MadBob

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
35,551 Posts
I don't think I like the idea of immortality in our current state of world decay but if we were in Edenlike conditions, I would love it. I would walk around the world in every direction and see all there is to see.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I also think immortality would end up being entirely too frustrating. You would have so much wisdom but likely people wouldn't really listen to you and you'd watch everyone else making the same mistakes over and over and over again. Then you'd probably just end up killing yourelf anyway...

1 - 20 of 75 Posts