Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what point would you take part in an organized protest?

If the credit situation does not ease up and they pass another bank bailout. Would you protest out in the open?

Or does a true survivalist keep a low profile and not get involved?

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
If the People marched on Washington to demand a change in our Guberment or SCOTUS, then I would join. Otherwise, I'll stay in the bush and wait it out. As I deal mainly with cash on a "buy-as-its-needed" basis (my house and property are paid off) the credit situation doesn't affect me as much as others.

·
Who is John Galt?
585 Posts
If the People marched on Washington to demand a change in our Guberment or SCOTUS, then I would join. Otherwise, I'll stay in the bush and wait it out. As I deal mainly with cash on a "buy-as-its-needed" basis (my house and property are paid off) the credit situation doesn't affect me as much as others.
So because the credit situation does not affect you, its a non-issue for you?

·
Who is John Galt?
585 Posts
To answer the question....I have struggled with this myself.....I am not one to draw attention to myself if I can help it, so I don't know that I would organize such an event, but once it was organized, yes I think I would...locally anyway....in your scenario, another financial bailout/robbery or similar type action would just about put me over the edge anyway....the Big 3 stink doesn't sit well with me at all......but hey, football playoffs are almost here, its Christmas, and Idol will be back on soon.....wheeeeeeeeeeee

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
So because the credit situation does not affect you, its a non-issue for you?
No, it's not a non-issue with me. It is a low priority issue with me though. Don't hijack the thread over this. I answered the post and gave my reason, you should do the same.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
local no far away hell no.

i don't believe protesting will do a damn bit of good. and how many fat lazy americans are gonna get up from the tv and do smothing they haven't done in ages like walk. and you think they would carry the extra weight of a sign also hahaha! fodd and circus we still have them till thats gone from more than 30% of the pop. i don't see any massive protests go'n on. the gov. knows the people have figured out that there screw'n us but that they just sit there stupidly repeating it can't happen in america land of the free home of the brave leader of the free world.

put simply delusional

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
I will be in a protest this sunday to get White English put on forms and recocnized as we have white british,black british ,asian british,white other,well we want white English added as we will soon be a minority in are own land and as such we will get the rights that the so called minorities get.

Im not British im English.

Scotland have there own parliment as does Wales,yet the english don't,we have to put up with the Scotish and welsh politicians voting on issues that are strictly English yet are politicians cannot vote in there parliments.

So we say no one but the English should have the right to vote on English issues.

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
They dont care what we want. The Gov't was well aware that 90% or more Americans disagreed with the bank bailout, yet they did it anyway, so what good would a protest do??

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Would and did ---- anti illegal immigration demonstrations across street from tha
open border BSTRDS in tampa Fl.

·
Registered
628 Posts
They dont care what we want. The Gov't was well aware that 90% or more Americans disagreed with the bank bailout, yet they did it anyway, so what good would a protest do??

I agree 100%.

However-actions speak way louder then words. 96% of Americans may frequently disagree with the actions of the politicians, but at least a majority of those Americans continue to vote for the same jack asses over and over ... so why would the politicians care? They aren't stupid-but they know "WE" are!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Topic. I will not be joining the million space alien march in Washington DC.
Insightful....

As for me, I would take part for the right issue but the way things are now Im not sure what good it will do. This country seems to be declining faster than anyone thought possible.

Its our Constitutional right and duty to confront the Government and challenge them on issues.

Reactions: AncientBrit

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
To let them know that we are there and are willing to stand up for what we think is right.

The attitude what good will it do is what makes them think they can treat us like Crap,they think we are going to just lay back and take it.

We start out with a hundred then there is 700 and maybe next time there will be thousands,once the sheeple see that there are people out there willing to fight for there rights then just maybe they will also start to stand up and be counted.

Im not going to lay back and be shafted by this morally bankrupt government,i here a lot of talk from folks but see no action.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would take part in a protest when the government starts to raise my taxes during hard economic times to pay for the state or federal deficit spending. This hits a nerve with me especially after big government bailouts have been handed out to banks and those that have helped cause this mess.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
I would take part in a protest when the government starts to raise my taxes during hard economic times to pay for the state or federal deficit spending. This hits a nerve with me especially after big government bailouts have been handed out to banks and those that have helped cause this mess.
That's two of us.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I would not,tactical suicide,strategically ineffective.
I agree.

Was inadvertently "in the middle" of a huge protest once, didn't choose to - got out of there as fast as I could, and NO way I would do it intentionally. Not in this day and time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts