Survivalist Forum banner

Would You Save The Kitten?

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while driving down the hiway, my husband spotted something grey and fuzzy in the center of the hiway and it moved. He made a u-turn, pulled off the side of the road got out and we noticed that it was a kitten no older than 2 months. My husband got to it just as a truck coming down the road was lining up to run over it. She was just laying there meowing at us. She didn't have any broken bones or bleeding anywhere other than her nose and a little blood on her butt plus she had a bump on the head. The only thing we could figure happened was she was either under the engine of someone's car and fell out or someone held her out a window while driving down the hiway and dropped her. We took her home, cleaned her up, fed and watered her and she is doing much better now.

Would you have saved the kitten or just kept on driving?

·
Camperius maximus
2,347 Posts
Hell yeah i`d try and save it. I even tried to save a snake crossing the road until the dip behind ran over it. Dumb Azz.
I know several folks that stop and pull turtle off the road or put them in their truck andd turn them loose when they get home. And to see others line up, and hit the animals on purpose, just gets to me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My husband says he hates cat but he couldn't let that kitten get killed. We already have a cat that I saved 12 years ago when she was only about 6 weeks old. I checked on the kitten this morning and she is doing great, eating well and drinking lots of milk. My poodle/****zu doesn't know what to think of this little kitten....

·
Subterranean Nut Hoarder
665 Posts
I always stop for turtles here. Once I even U-turned to go back to get a possum out of the road. I think maybe I just barely clipped him when I passed him. He was just sitting there with his nose bloodied and mouth hanging open. I picked him up and carried him to the side of the road. Boy was he hissing! Never tried to bite or claw though. Next morning I went back that way and he was gone.

Yeah, I'd stop for a kitten.

·
TEXAS!!!
7,334 Posts
Yesterday while driving down the hiway, my husband spotted something grey and fuzzy in the center of the hiway and it moved. He made a u-turn, pulled off the side of the road got out and we noticed that it was a kitten no older than 2 months. My husband got to it just as a truck coming down the road was lining up to run over it. She was just laying there meowing at us. She didn't have any broken bones or bleeding anywhere other than her nose and a little blood on her butt plus she had a bump on the head. The only thing we could figure happened was she was either under the engine of someone's car and fell out or someone held her out a window while driving down the hiway and dropped her. We took her home, cleaned her up, fed and watered her and she is doing much better now.

I couldn't have lived with myself if I just drove by. Of COURSE I would've picked it up, nursed it to health and named it "Havoc". :D:

·
Registered
121 Posts

defenitly woulda kept driving , now a dog maybe

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Living in Lewiston I rescued two different kittens from the road. A black male who grew to gigantic proportions but was a great cat, and later a little tiny black and white female. I named them "black cat" and "momma cat"...

The cats I have now are descended from her, mixed with other strays that I have picked up over the years. I honestly couldn't even count the number of generations we have had from that one cat. I would say that the kittens we currently have would have to be at least 12th generation removed from her.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.