Survivalist Forum banner

would you join a group of like minded people?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This poll is to being put up to shed a lil light on whether or not you would join a group of like minded people.

I voted yes, mainly because I believe the more people, the more and varied ideas. Of course too many people would hazard a group in a shtf situation. I myself wouldn't want the group to be much larger than a dozen people. Of course thats just my opinion.

·
Prophet
1,270 Posts
always interested in joining a LIKE minded group, however finding people of LIKE MIND are difficult to find.
For example, everyone has their own idea on where a survival retreat should be, and to my experience, this is where it ends.
however i expect people to 'come knockin' at my retreat/home when the STHF; most of the people i have met talk about it and dream, which is fine, but no one i have met personally will commit to a retreat project. people i meet want the benefits, but don't want to work for it. :(

best of luck to you all

al

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
I voted no. The question is: "I would like to join a group". In a SHTF situation we will have app. 10 adults in our location plus kids. If there is a group like us in the area we would work with them to improve what we could, but not join them.
When you belong to a "group" one has to work for the common good of all. This would mean I would have to share/donate what I have to a common pool for all. If it was just my wife and I, fine - no problem but I have too many to worry about.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I voted yes to joining a group..but as to if I would join one outside of a family group I now have second thoughts..too many potential problems in the wings and Im sure (depending on severity of shtf situation)..the more severe...the sooner these problems would come.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I voted "yes". I already have a group formed if we can stay in place and a second group if we have to travel. The two groups each have their pluses and minuses. One group is very diverse in the amount of skills they have, the other group is very weapons oriented. Going the lone wolf isn't very practical. If the situation is bad enough I would combine the two groups but this would leave me with nearly 50 people.

·
6 Boys and 13 Hands
10,309 Posts
I voted yes with reservations as there about as many pluses as there are minus to each scenario. But I would limit the number to 4 per group but maybe have several groups that would stay in communication. When you see buzzards circling there is a good chance that there is food for them below the same with a large group of people. Not to mention the freaking politics a large group would present. Just my 2¢

·
Registered
861 Posts
I would have to say maybe. If it was some kind of invasion or something like that like zombies or anything I would have to fight off. I would say yes! But if it was a lack food type thing I would say No. Because it would be harder to feed a large group.

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
I'd like to be in a group where people had similar ideas and goals.
So yea!

But people LIKE me? Hell no... 9 more of "me" would be a disaster. I want a large variation of traits and knowledge in my group. My group only has room for one airhead and that place is occupied! :thumb:

·
Illic Ero Eventus
245 Posts
You'll welcome the help

I used to think that I could make it alone with just my family, but that has recently changed. After reading Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse by JWR, I realize how foolish of a thought that was. We will need to band together if a nationwide SHTF scenario develops. Read that book and you will understand how ill prepared you might be. If you can be your own counselor, doctor, surgeon, cook, logistician, combat support, 24hr security team and farmer all at once, then go it alone. I will be searching for a group to at least form an alliance with if not join. I'll need the help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i voted yes,if things got bad enough one family couldnt make very long no matter how much supplys and ammo you have you can be over run.i live in northeast tn not many like minded people here.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
i'm already in a group and am pretty much the face for the group but if there were another group or person of like mind they can join. of course its more detailed than that but the answer is yes i guess.

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
I think you will find that groups naturally coalesce within a community facing adversity...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts