Survivalist Forum banner

If there was no legal CCW how would that affect you?

• Little or no affect

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Some affect and changes

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Major affect and changes

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Not Applicable

Votes: 3 13.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there was no legal CCW how would that affect you?

In todays climate, it would affect me somewhat.

I would weigh every trip outside as to chances of attack / death. And it is not like I go into dangerous places. But **** happens in any local nowadays.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Speaking for myself ... "Little To No Affect."

Reactions: jimbowie1

·
That'll be the day...
3,885 Posts
Depends upon where a person lives.

Rural = Do what I want.

Downtown Big City = You risk prison.

All I got to say, if you live in a big city.... You better figure how to move and you should move before October.

·
What would Mal do
4,787 Posts
I changed my habits a couple years back..sold my company that had me in the big city every weekend late nights.. concerts, etc.

changed my day job so I no longer work for the big bank and no longer go into the city at all...my day job is 100% remote from my house in the countryside

the wife and I seldom care to go to the movies, (prepandemic) but when we did, it was on weekday evenings..not busy weekend late nights.

same with restaurant date nights...we just go when it's not busy.

no walmart after dark..in fact if i see a walmart once in 3 months..that's a lot.

the list goes on, but the point is that even though I current conceal carry, I try to avoid situations where I might actually need to self defend with any weapon.

if you're asking us on a public forum if we would choose to break laws...(crickets)

·
Indefatigable
20,549 Posts
I would try and find a martial arts/self-defense class tailored for old folks and resume training.
I would upgrade some of the other weapons I carry.
I survived living in NYC during the late 70's and early 80's. I would adapt.

Reactions: jimbowie1

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Where I live,no ccw need for the car,home,or private place of employment...which is where I'm at 99% of the time,so little/none.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah I would move to a safer place.

So life changing.

Just me, no big deal, but my family, I take no chances.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Depends upon where a person lives.

Rural = Do what I want.

Downtown Big City = You risk prison.

All I got to say, if you live in a big city.... You better figure how to move and you should move before October.

I don't live in a "big city" but it isn't rural either. I wish I could move before October.

·
Bear Magnet
3,747 Posts
We have Constitutional carry here in Wyoming and regardless of any laws passed in DC, none of the Sheriff's in this state would enforce them. Being legal to carry here is NOT going to change! PERIOD!

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
The ATF. Making felons out of citizens since 1970. Originally part of the IRS...a clue to their real purpose.

A lot of folks say, if they make you a criminal by changing the rules and laws in disregard for the constitution...just play along, and be the best criminal you can be.:cool:

BTW, the founding fathers were criminals too. As far as the Crown was concerned, anyway.

·
Banned
990 Posts
If it is that much of a concern, there is still open carry. I suspect if it was illegal to have a concealed weapon, then it would be a lot more common to carry them openly.

·
MortarMaggot
3,464 Posts
"Carrying a Concealed Weapon" in case you are not messing around.
I guess they like to keep changing the letters to keep people clueless? I've had my license since '93, in that time I've seen them called a CWP, CWL, CHP, CHL, CCL, CCP & probably a few others I've forgot. It sounds like CCW isn't a permit or license its just an abbreviation for a term like IMO, or FWIW, so no, I don't know everyone's personal abbreviations for things. :( I don't even need a permit/license to carry in my state anymore but I keep it for traveling out of state & to be able to buy a firearm without waiting for a background check.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts