Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would God put a person through adversity? I know God loves, but is ther tough love, do believe that something bad that has happened to you spicificly happened to you because it was God's will, is it possible this thing payed off without you even knowing? And on a simular note (at least to my thinking) does God grant prayers, or needs? If needs, is it worth it to prey for something you think you need?

This is all about oppinions, so no arguements please.

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
Yes there is...

Would God put a person through adversity? I know God loves, but is ther tough love, do believe that something bad that has happened to you spicificly happened to you because it was God's will, is it possible this thing payed off without you even knowing?
I am a living testament to it! Read Hebrews 12:5-14 where it talks about this "tough love". I went through it...and it was well deserved I might add!

Reactions: ActionJackson

·
Registered
215 Posts
Would He put someone through it or allow it to happen? Sure. Read Job. I couldn't say I have one "wow" moment where I can see things paying off, but I know that the things I have been through have made me stronger.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Having lived through death defying alcoholism and drug addiction I can say yes to a degree. In my case, my actions were a result of my poor choices but having been so close to death on several occasions and having lived on the dark side of life, I can say that I some experiences that have strengthened my character. I believe that God allowed me to reach those low depths for the benefit of others who currently suffer with similar addictions. I am living proof that it is possible to wake from the nightmare and live a productive life and that all of the sins I have ever committed have been washed clean by Christ's blood and are forgotten by our Father in Heaven.

·
Iēsous
8,705 Posts
Would God put a person through adversity? I know God loves, but is ther tough love, do believe that something bad that has happened to you spicificly happened to you because it was God's will, is it possible this thing payed off without you even knowing? And on a simular note (at least to my thinking) does God grant prayers, or needs? If needs, is it worth it to prey for something you think you need?

This is all about opinions, so no arguements please.
Indeed scripture shows many lessons in this--consider Abraham and

the sacrifice of Issac.

God uses many things to attempt to bring a man out of this world and too him

this is not to say all bad things are Gods doing

Yes God grants prayers and needs I am a living example of this too

tough love?

you bet cha, just as I love my child and would use tough love it it were necessary so too does God our Father to teach his children

·
Registered
491 Posts
I believe God allows us to face adversity to make us stronger and to allow us to help others that may be going through the same thing.

Two examples from my life are losing a job and going through cancer.Looking back I see both of these as blessings.Both brought my family closer together and they made me realize that I don't need to worry because God is in control.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Old question if you believe in the grumpy old mass murdering god of the Bible. Since I don't the answer is rather easy. It doesn't. Bad times are part of every life. How you respond is the measure of the person... indeed, the measure of a captain is stormy seas.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You have to look at through the paradigm of world vs. kingdom of God. The world is wicked, constantly victimized by sin (see "prince of the power of the air") Scripture clearly informs us that the world is a place full of hardships and trials, ESPECIALLY for christians. Research how the original 12 ended up. The key is foresight. If I gave you the option of having rocks thrown at you in a mud pit for 80 years in exchange for an eventual enternalo residency in paradise, you'ld take it. Just as if I offered you 80 years of paradise in exchange for eternity in ......well, you know how that goes. My advice; suck it up. God loves you and your time here is about making a demionstration in opposition to the world. The paycheck is unimaginable.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Yeah- read the book of Job...
God didn't literally "put" Job through those trials but He did allow it. Satan actually did the dirty work. In the long run, Job's faith was greatly rewarded.

Reactions: Nightwing

·
Registered
191 Posts
I look at God as being my ultimate father. He is perfect in every way and his love is there no matter what. Like any good father he has to teach his children consequences for there actions. I think we do get punished for our actions. Every action that we do has a consequence. Either it is good or bad. A good parent wouldnt let there child get away with stealing or lieing would they? Some things we go through are because of satan also. Satan wants us to think that God is angry and he is punishing us whenever something bad happens. When the truth is that someone else is doing what satan wants and unfortunately the good people are suffering cuz of it. I think some bad things happen just because satan creates it. No matter what happens though God is still in control and he is here for us whenever we need him.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Satan temps us. god sees he is doing it hand helps us by giving us a way out.

god is always there for us. but we are not always there for him. it seems easy to put the blame on god for things going wrong . while he offers you a hand out of it.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I look at God as being my ultimate father. He is perfect in every way and his love is there no matter what. Like any good father he has to teach his children consequences for there actions. I think we do get punished for our actions. Every action that we do has a consequence. Either it is good or bad. A good parent wouldnt let there child get away with stealing or lieing would they? Some things we go through are because of satan also. Satan wants us to think that God is angry and he is punishing us whenever something bad happens. When the truth is that someone else is doing what satan wants and unfortunately the good people are suffering cuz of it. I think some bad things happen just because satan creates it. No matter what happens though God is still in control and he is here for us whenever we need him.
I wonder if I understand what you are saying. is it that every time something bad happens... getting sick, losing something, accident, lose job, etc, it is either a punishment for doing something wrong, or else it is satan doing it?

As a parent, I have been lucky not to have to do much punishing. But when I have, its been as soon as possible after the "crime". Make the punishment fit the crime, and make sure he knows what the punishment is for.

If I waited a week then secretly infected him with strep throat it really wouldnt be a good system.

If he reallized that everything he did that i didnt like would be punished, who knows when or how, and he'd never know what it was that he was getting punished for, I think there would be a couple of predictable results.

He'd learn to hate me as a psycho, which i surely would have to be

Whatever happened he wouldnt know if it was me punishing him or if it was evil spirits. he probably would see much distinction.

Since some of the punishments would be very severe..that is life after all..
I think he'd become a neurotic mess living in fear that the slightest mistake
would bring down terrible consequences.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts