Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Zombie Survival Guide, its a great book. Kinda silly in a sense, but good none the less. I also wanted to get WWZ, but they didnt have it when I got the survival guide. There is also a grraphic novel to go with them that chronicles all the notable "zombie outbreaks" in history. :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
World War Z was ok, some chapters where well thought out and interesting, others werent that great..

ive also read Zombie CSU by Jonathan Maberry, it was ok also, and read Patient Zero also by jonathan maberry, that book was better,,but also not over the top great..

im finding these authors dont research the gun stuff enough for my taste,,

im still looking for a Zombie author who really grabs me like JWR did with Patriots..

·
Flight To The Fight - AKs
217 Posts
It was a very good book. I don't think the movie will be as good, but you never know. I hope it is. Sometime mid/late-2010 with any luck. Can't wait.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
World War Z was ok, some chapters where well thought out and interesting, others werent that great..

ive also read Zombie CSU by Jonathan Maberry, it was ok also, and read Patient Zero also by jonathan maberry, that book was better,,but also not over the top great..

im still looking for a Zombie author who really grabs me like JWR did with Patriots..
The problem is they are written by "fanboys" who have little clue about firearms or what life is like outside NYC or LA - Max Brooks is a great writer but he fits the definition to a "T"

I still can't wait to see WWZ on the big screen though

·
In nomine Patris, et Fili
68 Posts
Fun to read, info was off on more then a few points, but it can help lead people to things like this site and a (What If) mind site,
The zombie thing can help you find like minded folks to talk too and share ideas.

·
Registered
86 Posts

check out day by day Armageddon its realistic with guns (written by an active duty navy pilot) it is really good, I also like it because the main character uses the guns I own and the ones I would take in case of zombies.

·
Preparanoid
491 Posts
Speaking of zombies, way to bring a two year old thread back to life. :)

I really liked WWZ, I have read it several times. Looking forward to the movie, but not sure how they are going to make it work. The book is like a collection of short stories, not really conducive to the big screen.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Thanks Jediyodac, I have read the day by day books, they are all good,, waiting for the latest to be released so I can read it. Now those books were very well written and interesting.

·
Indefatigable
19,904 Posts
I just finished the book, it was great, therefore I expect the movie to suck.

Reactions: Xxpatrickxx
1 - 16 of 16 Posts