Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World Food Bank and Government Taking Freeze Dried Foods?

So I went to the local LDS supplier tonight to pick up my order I placed about 6 weeks ago. The guy told me my freeze dried stuff will not be in for some time because the government and the World Food Bank have told all the FD food suppliers that they are to be given (sold) everything they have right now.

Now I don't know if that means in Utah and Colorado or regionally or nationwide. We don't know. But they aren't letting the suppliers sell any to private citizens. WTF? Anyone else heard of this in their area recently??

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,429 Posts
FEMA is buying a bunch to stock their warehouses. The freeze dried industry isn't that big to start with, so it's easily overloaded. Don't buy into the hype. The companies themselves have explained it and there's no conspiracy behind it. And they are allowed to sell to the public. They just aren't getting as much from the manufacturers as there is demand for it, so they're falling behind in supplying the demand.

·
When all else fails......
2,503 Posts
So I went to the local LDS supplier tonight to pick up my order I placed about 6 weeks ago. The guy told me my freeze dried stuff will not be in for some time because the government and the World Food Bank have told all the FD food suppliers that they are to be given (sold) everything they have right now.

Now I don't know if that means in Utah and Colorado or regionally or nationwide. We don't know. But they aren't letting the suppliers sell any to private citizens. WTF? Anyone else heard of this in their area recently??
no I haven't heard this but I will ask some of the Elders that work at the cannery. I noticed when I went there last week to pick my order of bulk items that they were a bit uneasy and asked what was wrong. They smiled and said "it will all be ok," didn't think much of it then, now you have me wondering big time. I'll email you if I find sometime out.

Reactions: ColoradoWildcat

·
These Colors Don't Run!
48 Posts
If you go to Mountain House's website you'll see that they're out of stock on almost everything they sell..

They also have a disclaimer on their main page saying that they are NOT selling to FEMA..

Who to believe?

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,429 Posts
If you go to Mountain House's website you'll see that they're out of stock on almost everything they sell..

They also have a disclaimer on their main page saying that they are NOT selling to FEMA..

Who to believe?
I've seen that too. We have one reliable company claiming it's FEMA, and another reliable company claiming it's increased civilian demand. I don't know which to believe either. But at least it's not a conspiracy.

I don't buy into that much of an increase in civilian demand. I was keeping a close eye on the storage food situation during the run up to Y2K because I was waiting on my orders too. The demand was WAY higher then than it is now. Even my dehydrated foods took 8 months, and dehydrated foods are made in huge amounts compared to freeze dried foods which are a relatively small niche market. Yet the dehydrated food supply today is only running a slight backorder. Civilian demand usually swamps both kinds.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I am kicking myself for not ordering from theepiccenter around Christmas...they had MH discounted at 20% along with free shipping...nothing I can do about that now.

I heard that FEMUR placed a large order...guess they want to replenish their inventory.

I like MH in the #10 cans since they last so long...I find that to be a great value when buying food. The thing I dislike about MH is the calories per serving are low.

·
2,503 Posts
mountain house v/s competitor

I've seen that too. We have one reliable company claiming it's FEMA, and another reliable company claiming it's increased civilian demand. I don't know which to believe either. But at least it's not a conspiracy.

I don't buy into that much of an increase in civilian demand. I was keeping a close eye on the storage food situation during the run up to Y2K because I was waiting on my orders too. The demand was WAY higher then than it is now. Even my dehydrated foods took 8 months, and dehydrated foods are made in huge amounts compared to freeze dried foods which are a relatively small niche market. Yet the dehydrated food supply today is only running a slight backorder. Civilian demand usually swamps both kinds.
Same here, I got an email 2 months ago from Mountain House competitor and it said the government had made a massive buy and my order will take much longer to fill. This came AFTER I paid for my order. Then later on Yahoo News they said Mountain House had shortages due to Fema purchases. My last order was put in to Mountain Housenearly 2 1/12 weeks ago, went smooth but still haven't received it. Again confusion and WHO DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE?

Reactions: MikeK

·
Evolutionist
349 Posts
I just bought

I read your post, then I went directly to AlpineAire and bought 40 pouches of freeze dried meals. Their list of available was still pretty large. My order went right through, nothing was back ordered. I believe you, but my freeze dried buying experience 10 minutes ago encountered no set backs. Just thought people might want to know.

Of course I'm still waiting for the confirmation e-mail... and that may bring me some dissapoinment. I will update when I get word if it's going to ship or is back ordered.

·
Look Behind You!!
1,586 Posts
Whats the deal. The only thing in stock (besides a couple desserts abd sbacks) is Chicken a la King and the wraps. They are even out of 72hr Kits as well.

Does the Chicken a la King taste like crap or something?

Here is what they say:

Dear Valued Customers:
In response to the recent concern of FEMA purchasing Mountain House products:
FEMA posted the following RFI (Request for Information) on 1-20-2011. In the RFI, FEMA was asking for information for 14M/day for 10 days. They then withdrew the RFI on 1-27-11. The RFI is a request for information only. It is not an order. In addition, this RFI was never sent to Mountain House. This is to confirm that Mountain House is not supplying FEMA or any other Government agency with Mountain House #10 cans or pouches.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) procures and stores pre-packaged commercial meals to support readiness capability for immediate distribution to disaster survivors routinely. The purpose of this Request for Information is to identify sources of supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations.

As you know we have removed #10 cans from our website temporarily. The reason for this is sales of #10 cans have continued to increase. OFD is allocating as much production capacity as possible to this market segment, but we must maintain capacity for our other market segments as well.

Currently our inventory for both cans and pouches is all being shipped to our retailers. Once all of our retailers are back in stock 100%, we will put items back in stock on our own website. For our #10 cans, we do have a small number of dealers that you can contact for future ordering of our food storage items. Although they are not taking any orders at this time, we do suggest you contact them to see how you can be notified as soon as they are in a position to once again accept new orders. For a list of those dealers, please contact us at [email protected]

We expect this situation to be necessary for several months although this isn’t a guarantee. We will update this information as soon as we know more. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We sincerely hope you will continue to be Mountain House customers in the future.
Oregon Freeze Dry

·
Evolutionist
349 Posts
I don't get it. I mean I realize Mtn House is probably the biggest freeze dried food company, but you guys act like you don't know there's a number of other vendors.

·
Gitter Done!
2,864 Posts

Who to believe?
It could be that everyone is beginning to prep at the same time and ordering FD foods at the same time as well. Supply and demand.
Same with the gas masks, Geiger counters and Potassium Iodide too.
I looked at a map of people buying up Potassium Iodide and gas masks and its worldwide. Even Russia and Europe are sold out.

·
2,503 Posts
FEMA has 3 massive shelters underground in the salt mines. Each holds 20,000 people. You and I are not allowed since we do not hold a gov.status . Only those chosen and their immediate families are allowed in. Some military and civilians for control and medical will be allowed in. When the steel doors shut the rest of the country is on its own. They have food, medicine, hospital, drygoods, library and seed stockpiles, ect. Most of the Diy.Fd. has been bought for them the past 2 years. What are they planning for on such a gigantic scale?

·
crustulum latro
7,715 Posts
I believe we are missing the real story here. After some cursory research into population head counts, the new madrid fault affected areas contain far more than 7 million people. Does FEMA have reason to believe that extra 1.5 million people will be dead? Do they have reason to believe the new Madrid fault is getting ready to pop?
I smell a rat somewhere in the highlighted and red data below if it was in a letter from Mt house. They would have no reason to imply such a thing unless they heard it from FEMA reps.
Whats the deal. The only thing in stock (besides a couple desserts abd sbacks) is Chicken a la King and the wraps. They are even out of 72hr Kits as well.

Does the Chicken a la King taste like crap or something?

Here is what they say:

Dear Valued Customers:
In response to the recent concern of FEMA purchasing Mountain House products:
FEMA posted the following RFI (Request for Information) on 1-20-2011. In the RFI, FEMA was asking for information for 14M/day for 10 days. They then withdrew the RFI on 1-27-11. The RFI is a request for information only. It is not an order. In addition, this RFI was never sent to Mountain House. This is to confirm that Mountain House is not supplying FEMA or any other Government agency with Mountain House #10 cans or pouches.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) procures and stores pre-packaged commercial meals to support readiness capability for immediate distribution to disaster survivors routinely. The purpose of this Request for Information is to identify sources of supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations.As you know we have removed #10 cans from our website temporarily. The reason for this is sales of #10 cans have continued to increase. OFD is allocating as much production capacity as possible to this market segment, but we must maintain capacity for our other market segments as well.

Currently our inventory for both cans and pouches is all being shipped to our retailers. Once all of our retailers are back in stock 100%, we will put items back in stock on our own website. For our #10 cans, we do have a small number of dealers that you can contact for future ordering of our food storage items. Although they are not taking any orders at this time, we do suggest you contact them to see how you can be notified as soon as they are in a position to once again accept new orders. For a list of those dealers, please contact us at [email protected]

We expect this situation to be necessary for several months although this isn’t a guarantee. We will update this information as soon as we know more. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We sincerely hope you will continue to be Mountain House customers in the future.
Oregon Freeze Dry

·
2,503 Posts
yes I got the same info also. Problem is WHY would you send tons and tons of food, thousands of body bags to the middle of a fault line ready to go. That is insane thinking. If indeed it ruptures then all that food would also be destroyed, right? Like CWI555 says....I smell a rat...... the stuff is heading for the gov. shelters, mark my word.

Reactions: ColoradoWildcat

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
yes I got the same info also. Problem is WHY would you send tons and tons of food, thousands of body bags to the middle of a fault line ready to go. That is insane thinking. If indeed it ruptures then all that food would also be destroyed, right? Like CWI555 says....I smell a rat...... the stuff is heading for the gov. shelters, mark my word.

Don't worry the food and supplies are over here in Indiana. We have it in a underground storage facility.
They rotate 5 semi trailers a day.
Now thats food rotation.
But its only MREs not freeze dried.
Freeze dried is not emergency food. Its more long term sustainment food.

·
2,503 Posts
Sooooo.... where did the freeze dried go? Your area needs it badly if the earth starts to shake like they predict. Seems something is not right. .Thanks for the MRE info.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another thing I just learned while I was picking up supplies- since we are close to Utah here, one lady who was there told me she just got back from Sandy, Utah where apparently they have a bunch of stuff (supplies?).

She went to the Emergency Essentials storehouse like she does fairly often and said,"I've never seen such empty shelves at that place. Ever. There was almost nothing on all those shelves." Now this is getting interesting....

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That would give some credence to the conspiratorial issue of HAARP caused earthquakes, since its prepared for in advance. WTF?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts