Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a co worker who I became friends with last year, who about 2 months ago got popped and got sent to work release. popped for drinkin his visiting cousin's moonshine. lol. He is set to get out in November.

I care enough for the dude, and trust him should SHTF happen. But am wondering what Work Release would do if something would happen like "grid down, TEOTWAWKI, nuke/emp. basically no power. L.E. would be busy I imagine. The staff would have to leave for their own families sooner or later.

I guess they have back up generators?
What would be the legal aspects for keeping them locked in/let out?
Any other answers/guesses welcome.

If they were to let them out, he would have to get to his wife, then meet up with me and my people.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Inquire about policies. Is he in a lock down situation? Or in some sort of group home environment? Makes a difference. Maybe he will be out before TEOTWAWKI.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Why not have his wife get to you and he could meet here there? Seems to me a lot of wasted time and resources for him to go home then to you (unless his home was in the direct path he would take to get to you).

·
Native Cracker Cowhunter
1,897 Posts
In most facilities that I had first hand knowledge a decision is made very HIGH up when it becomes bad enough to open the doors and have then leave even in high security facilities.

Reactions: doorguy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts